PC & Video Games

Street Fighter V - SHINKU HADOKEN!!!

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 23rd, 2017 11:33 am
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
5340 posts
1067 upvotes
It was only one tournament but 3 of the top 4 finalists at Canada Cup 2016 were 20 years of age or younger.

A lot of the top veteran FGC or Street Fighter players that are aged 27-35
either got beaten by the young guys or eliminated one another.

Liquid NuckleDu pulled out the win. It was especially impressive because he can play competitively at a professional level using 3 different characters.

The legend Daigo got destroyed by Phenom from Norway who is only 20 years old. Daigo won previously when they played in the qualifying rounds
but Phenom made all the right adjustments in the rematch and dominated.

best comment:
The best part is the blatant damage control by UltraDavid.

UltraDavid called it a "throw loop" like it was a guaranteed sequence instead of the supposedly unshakable and calm Daigo being too terrified to do anything but hold block low. Chen tried to be honest and called it for what it was, total domination, but was quickly cut off by that stutterering, bearded fanboy.

Thuggery by NuckleDu: teabagging his opponents a couple of times to get them upset and off their gameplan Smiling Face With Open Mouth.

Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
5340 posts
1067 upvotes
The Capcom Cup 2016 prize pool has been announced.

Prize pool: $350,000 USD + Pro Tour DLC pool bonus

1st place: $120,000 USD + Pro Tour DLC pool bonus
2nd place: $ 60,000 + Pro Tour DLC pool bonus
3rd place: $ 25,000 + Pro Tour DLC pool bonus

Only the Top 32 players that won Pro Tour Tournaments or won regional points ranking events are
competing. The Top 32 compete on December 2nd.

The top 8 finals are at Playstation Experience 2016 on December 3rd 9PM ET.

https://capcomprotour.com/capcom-cup-2016/

List of the top 32 competitors:
http://fightinggamesonline.info/the-fin ... n-decided/

Some good players that are technically better than some or most of the players on that list (Onuki, Yukadon, Bonchan)
are not competitors at Capcom Cup 2016 because they never finished in 1st place at Pro Tour Events.

Liquid NuckleDu seems like the favourite to win because he placed 1st in the last two major tournaments (Canada Cup 2016 in October and
Red Bull Battlegrounds in November). Guile is considered a low-tier character too but he dominated his way back from losers' side brackets.
He can also play R. Mika and Nash at a tournament level.

Du with a major momentum shift to beat Justin Wong.
Last edited by XFactor11 on Nov 27th, 2016 8:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2006
3565 posts
331 upvotes
I bought SF5 Deluxe during the PSN Black Friday sale. There was also a Story DLC which I downloaded from the PS Store as part of this, but I can't seem to find it in the game. Where is it?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
5340 posts
1067 upvotes
Mulder and Scully wrote:
Nov 28th, 2016 7:59 pm
I bought SF5 Deluxe during the PSN Black Friday sale. There was also a Story DLC which I downloaded from the PS Store as part of this, but I can't seem to find it in the game. Where is it?
You have to download the Cinematic General Story mode separately. It is a free add-on that was not ready when the game first launched.

Otherwise you only have the short individual character stories.

Link:
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/ ... tent=Brand

The main story appears as "General Story" in the story mode tab. The other ones are individial character stories.

ie. This is Ken's individual character story:

Individual character stories are short and unrelated to the General story.

Cinematic General story:

Mar 11, 2009
715 posts
30 upvotes
Wow, 1 2 and 3 gone from Capcom Cup
PSN: gns168 | Gamertag: gns168
---
Currently playing: Yakuza 0, Destiny-ROI (PS4)
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
5340 posts
1067 upvotes
g.n.s. wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2016 6:58 pm
Wow, 1 2 and 3 gone from Capcom Cup
WHAT?! I bought The Last Guardian today but I'm watching this instead. Missed the rank 1-3 being eliminated.
Infiltration, Tokido, Justin Wong all eliminated before the top 20. I thought they'd all be in the top 8 for sure.

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016/dec ... -and-more/

Last edited by XFactor11 on Dec 2nd, 2016 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 11, 2009
715 posts
30 upvotes
That Daigo vs sako match in losers round 2
PSN: gns168 | Gamertag: gns168
---
Currently playing: Yakuza 0, Destiny-ROI (PS4)
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
5340 posts
1067 upvotes
Starting now, the Capcom Cup 2016 Top 8 playing for an announced Grand prize of $230,000 ($120,000 + bonus money from the DLC).

A lot of the big name players got eliminated before the top 8 so it should be less exciting than other tournaments sadly.
I think Liquid NuckleDu wins this one.

Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
5340 posts
1067 upvotes
Liquid NuckleDu wins Street Fighter V Capcom Cup 2016 and $230,000 USD in total prize money. Not bad for someone 20 years old.
He also plays using a controller unlike most tournament players. The guy was born when the PS1 was made.

Ricki Ortiz made it all the way to Grand Finals. He had a surprisingly good run in this tournament.
The matches in the Top 8 were not that close probably because Infiltration, Daigo, and Tokido were eliminated early.
In the Top 8, the European commentators were boring to listen to compared to all the other commentating duos.

Last edited by XFactor11 on Dec 4th, 2016 12:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dec 30, 1969
74 posts
51 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Congrats to Du. The guy has been putting in a lot of work since the sf4 days. Went from a depressed fella in early 2016 to winning a 6 figure payout.
Kudos to Ricky for 2nd place, he beat Infiltration at Evo in the early days of sf4. Well done.

Didn't watch much Capcom Cup, just highlights. Surprisingly Infil bowed out early, I guessed he hasn't been putting enough effort lately. He dominated the 1st half of the year winning premier tourneys and Evo.

Hopefully, we'll have a more exciting fighting game scene in 2017. cheers:)
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2007
2000 posts
47 upvotes
Toronto
Sure hope this game gets a discount soon. The pricing is outrageous for what it is. Capcom the dev makes great games. Capcom the company is nuts when it comes to nickel and diming the loyal.
Steam: Sir Boors
PSN: Sir_Boors

It's a great time to be a nerd.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
5340 posts
1067 upvotes
Street Fighter V has already been discounted to $20 - 25 during the Black Friday deals, $35 including all the season pass stuff.
If you play the game enough, you can also buy the base game and unlock all the DLC characters for free.

Capcom announced that for Season 2, Akuma and 5 completely new characters that have not been in any Street Fighter
universe game yet are being added to the roster throughout the year.

BYan wrote:
Dec 4th, 2016 7:40 pm
Sure hope this game gets a discount soon. The pricing is outrageous for what it is. Capcom the dev makes great games. Capcom the company is nuts when it comes to nickel and diming the loyal.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2007
2000 posts
47 upvotes
Toronto
XFactor11 wrote:
Dec 4th, 2016 8:00 pm
Street Fighter V has already been discounted to $20 - 25 during the Black Friday deals, $35 including all the season pass stuff.
If you play the game enough, you can also buy the base game and unlock all the DLC characters for free.

Capcom announced that for Season 2, Akuma and 5 completely new characters that have not been in any Street Fighter
universe game yet are being added to the roster throughout the year.
I've only seen it go as far as $35 for the base game on steam last week, and the complete version pushes it up further. Unlocking dlc characters is a major grind, and as big an SF fan as I am - this is coming from the guy who bought collectors for IV + a $250 modded hori stick, and re-bought it again on PC later - it really leaves a bad taste in the mouth how they've handled V. I honestly can't bring myself to support what they're doing with it unless the price comes down a bit more.
Steam: Sir Boors
PSN: Sir_Boors

It's a great time to be a nerd.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2013
2732 posts
271 upvotes
Mississauga, Ontario
How bad is the grind? I'm considering this game as well. I loved part 4.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
5340 posts
1067 upvotes
Kind of unrelated but I bought the 2016 new uncensored version of the Street Fighter II: Animated Movie this week.
link for those interested: https://www.amazon.ca/Street-Fighter-An ... 01L7JFJ9Y/

The Japanese version of this movie was always uncensored.
For the original English version VHS and DVD releases in the United States & Canada, some of the blood and gore in fight scenes, swearing, and the entire nude scene was cut out.
The UK version was less censored (had the swearing and the gore) but cut some parts of the nudity out.

Censorship changes in the old versions:
http://www.movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=330961

The new blu-ray version by Discotekmedia has the entire movie uncut with both English and Japanese voice acting and subtitles.

Last edited by XFactor11 on Jan 6th, 2017 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel