PC & Video Games

Street Fighter V - SHINKU HADOKEN!!!

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 28th, 2018 12:35 am
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
1132 posts
192 upvotes
I installed the beta last Tuesday even though my PC/CPU doesn't meet the minimum. I currently have Intel Q9400, 6GB RAM and a 1050TI. To my surprise, the game is running well.

First day was disappointment connecting to players but after a day till now I'm getting better connection compared to my PS4. Might actually get this game now on Steam if this will be the case eventually.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
6364 posts
1472 upvotes
Arcade stick and 3rd party controller maker MadCatz filed for bankruptcy. Another failed Canadian company.
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/acces ... b_platform
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1356905

They gambled and partnered with Harmonix on Rock Band 4, and with Rock Band 4 and Music games in general flopping it sunk their business.
http://www.polygon.com/2017/2/3/1449751 ... tz-in-2016

If you have any of their Premium Arcade Fightsticks on consoles and want to use them on PC, download the drivers while MadCatz still has a website available.

http://www.madcatz.com/downloads/

Most of MadCatz's controllers outside of the Premium Arcade Sticks were not good anyway

Last edited by XFactor11 on Mar 31st, 2017 7:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2017
2977 posts
457 upvotes
Wow... Too bad it bankrupt.. I was gonna buy a 200$ madcatz.. Now I gotta get a hori brand
*SIG: OptiPlex™ 790 i5-2400 @3.1ghz 12gb DDR3 ram win10pro w/radeon rx460 rogers gigabit VIP using D-Link DIR-890L AC3200
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2017
2977 posts
457 upvotes
AoKatana wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2017 11:33 am
fyi:
Capcom Unity
God I hate the slow find opponent n loading times for online matches... They shud disable the animations and get straight to the fight Rd.
*SIG: OptiPlex™ 790 i5-2400 @3.1ghz 12gb DDR3 ram win10pro w/radeon rx460 rogers gigabit VIP using D-Link DIR-890L AC3200
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2017
2977 posts
457 upvotes
Not too many sf5 rfders huh... I'm novice at 700pts bronze only..using Ryu. Ken akuma... Mashing uppercuts and jumping ins lol... If u can block n punish u will kill me... I do have an intermediate fight stick... Hori rap3? Only works in legacy mode on ps4 sf5 settings...
1.what rank u guys?
Dragon punch is very hard to do for me... Once I master that I think I can move up to super bronze and stay there..

Is there a fight stick that can be mapped or programto auto execution certain moves or combos? I can't muscle memory good lol
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
1132 posts
192 upvotes
XFactor11 wrote:
May 8th, 2017 4:36 pm
New season 2 character revealed: Ed.
Should have brought back a fan-favourite of the series instead of this generic looking character.
If they needed another boxer, they should have went with Dudley IMO.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/harrisony/b ... -fighter-v
New is fine with me. I'm sure you are aware that season 2 will have 6 total characters and 5 of them (Kolin, Ed, and the rest of the 3 for this year) will be new right?

The only thing that bothers me is his control input. Mostly it's button presses instead of the traditional motions.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
6364 posts
1472 upvotes
Vega's classic stage and M. Bison's Temple Hideout are being added as new stages today with the balance patch
and other updates. The new patch also eliminates most of the shadow artifacts.

Ed is being added to the roster today as well.

M. Bison's classic stage was pulled off Street Fighter V earlier because it had Muslim chanting in the original version
of the music which offended a lot of people allegedly:

Here's the banned music for comparison:

The stage has been updated with this music without the Muslim chanting:

Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
6364 posts
1472 upvotes
The next Street Fighter V - Season 2 character has been revealed.

Abigail.

I dislike the design. He seems like a mentally challenged Homer Simpson-type joke character.
The character stands in at 8 feet tall but acts like an oaf. The character reveal trailer only has about a 30% like ratio on youtube.

Sep 14, 2014
119 posts
91 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Menat Trailer. reminds me of rose from sf4.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
6364 posts
1472 upvotes
The next Season 2 character is coming on October 24th.
Zeku from Street Fighter Alpha 2.
Zeku, the Ever-Changing Ninja, infiltrates Street Fighter V on October 24!

First seen in Street Fighter Alpha 2, Zeku was Guy’s former teacher, who taught him to master Bushinryu, a style of ninjutsu. Eventually, Guy was able to obtain the title of 39th Master of Bushinryu. Zeku then disappeared and was never seen again…until now! Zeku has reappeared looking to start his own ninja group and find a new fighting style

Street Fighter V Arcade Edition has been announced as a free upgrade for current owners of Street Fighter V.
New players that do not own Street Fighter V can buy Street Fighter V Arcade Edition for $39.99.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/strumslinge ... january-16

Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
6364 posts
1472 upvotes
Capcom just announced Street Fighter 30th anniversary collection for Spring of 2018 with arcade perfect ports
of 12 Street Fighter games ranging from Street Fighter 1 through to Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike:

The 2017 Capcom Cup finals are on now on Twitch:

EDIT: Results -
$370,000 in total prize money.

Mena RD from the Dominican Rebublic beat Tokido of Japan for first place and $250,000.
Last year's $250,000 winner, Liquid Nuckledu qualified for Capcom Cup 2017, but pulled out of the competition. It is speculated that he is dealing with his recurring depression
that kept him out of competition previously.

Daigo (36) has been a top 10 player in the Fighting Game Scene for 20 years but got beaten by a 20 year old and finished in 7th place.

Last edited by XFactor11 on Dec 10th, 2017 9:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
6364 posts
1472 upvotes
Sakura, Sagat, Blanka, Cody, and newcomers G & Falke confirmed for Season 3:

Really well done Sakura trailer. Good theme music remix too.

Last edited by XFactor11 on Dec 10th, 2017 9:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2007
3804 posts
172 upvotes
Mississauga
Damn I can't believe Tokido lost in the grand finals of the Capcom Cup to a guy from the Dominican Republican!! Astonished Face Hats off to Menard RD to be the first guy to win a major event in SF like this for himself and his country and taking home $250,000 at the age of 18?!?!?! Smiling Face With Sunglasses :O That's like significantly life changing money for a guy so young! The dude really killed it this whole weekend and took down all the best players in his path except for Tokido who he ended up getting revenge on in the finals. Who knew Birdie could be such a beast!

Good on Capcom for doing it right this time and releasing the complete new character lineup all at once and getting many people hyped and excited for the game again and also its nice to see a good mix of new and old characters. Lets hope they can keep improving SFV like they did SFIV and continue to make it a better game that people will grow more fond of as the years go on. :)
Toronto sports teams..............forever cursed. Profound sadness. :(
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2008
1398 posts
185 upvotes
Toronto
Cant wait to pick up Sagat for a main. Ryu got his balls clipped in season 2 and I'm getting bored of him. Cant wait for AE!