PC & Video Games

Street Fighter V - SHINKU HADOKEN!!!

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 28th, 2018 12:35 am
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
6737 posts
1680 upvotes
If you have not already done it, get the easy Fight Money before it is changed when Street Fighter V Arcade Edition releases.
The deadline is January 16th to complete the General Story mode and individual character story modes for easy Fight Money.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/sfv-ar ... faq.13142/
MrCarter, post: 2606026, member: 1093 wrote:

SFV: Arcade Edition is releasing on January 16th and it appears that there is a growing interest into new folks buying the game, so instead of misinformation or random posts being spread everywhere, I thought I’d curate an FAQ with all the info in one place.

What comes with a new copy/purchase of SFV: Arcade Edition?

Arcade Mode: Choose from six different paths, with over 200 endings, themed after classic Street Fighter games.
Extra Battle Mode: A new way to gain/use FM to play missions that can get you special free costumes from popular to niche Capcom series i.e Viewtiful Joe.
New V-Triggers: Each character will have two V-Triggers, adding more depth to the combat system.
Team Battle Mode: Play upto 5 vs 5
Gallery: Unlock hundreds of illustrations as you play through Arcade Mode.
Bonus Stage: In some paths, the Bonus Stage, which first appeared in the original Street Fighter, will be available where you’ll be tasked with breaking 20 barrels as they plummet into the center of the screen from conveyer belts above.
New Visuals: The user interface is being redesigned with new color schemes, revised menus and exciting pre-and-post-fight effects.
New 3D model viewer: See all your costumes in full glory in the shop before you purchase.
ALL Season 1 and 2 Characters
You will need to purchase all Season 3 Characters through in game purchases with real money or earnable “Fight Money”.
General and individual character story modes are still there.

I currently own Street Fighter V, what am I getting when Arcade Edition is released?

The AE update will apply to all copies of SFV. AE is an Automatic Free Update. This includes:
Arcade Mode
Extra Battle Mode
New V-Triggers
Team Battle Mode
Gallery
Bonus Stage
New visuals
3D shop viewer
Season 1 and 2 characters WILL NOT be automatically unlocked. You will need to purchase all Season 1, 2, and 3 Characters through in game purchases with real money or earnable “Fight Money”

What comes with the Season 3 Character Pass?

Sakura, Blanka, Falke, Cody, G, and Sagat upon their release.

including:
Default costume colors 3-10
Sakura Battle Costume with colors 3-10

SPECIAL NOTE: Beginning with Season 3, if you purchase each character individually with real money, you’ll also get the same Battle Costume and colors as you would if you have the Character Pass.

What do I get for Pre-Ordering AE (PS4 Only)?

Five nostalgia and four 30th anniversary premium costumes.

What if I already own SFV but want the pre-order bonus? –or- What if I want the pre-order bonus on PC?
If you purchase the Season 3 Character Pass between January 16 – January 31 you will receive all the Arcade Edition pre-order bonuses above for free!

Should I buy the Deluxe Edition (which includes season one and two) of the game before Arcade Edition is out?

Yes, you should! There will be changes to the fight money system from January 16th (release day of AE) so you won’t be able to earn as much as you can now. So, if you buy the deluxe edition, and complete the FM tasks listed below, that will be more than enough to BUY ALL SEASON 3 CHARACTERS FOR FREE.

https://www.reddit.com/r/StreetFighter/ ... h=3f08cdbe

Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2017
4694 posts
851 upvotes
we have to wait till november for sagat released? also the easy long free GRINDING for FM ends with AE out :(
*SIG: OptiPlex™ 790 i5-2400 @3.1ghz 12gb DDR3 ram win10pro w/radeon rx460 rogers 500u @$24.99 using D-Link DIR-890L AC3200
Banned
Jan 7, 2018
18 posts
3 upvotes
I recently found out that there is an arcade edition for streetfighter V, however I thought they weren't going to make other editions this time around.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
6304 posts
2379 upvotes
Toronto
Mattimeo wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 12:52 am
I recently found out that there is an arcade edition for streetfighter V, however I thought they weren't going to make other editions this time around.
that was before the game turned out to be a total critical and commercial failure. Tons of SF fans didn't bother with this game because of its shortcomings and the upcoming arcade edition is an effort to try and correct that. I'm somewhat interested but also not really because when you add up the price of the AE edition and the new character season that isn't include, you're still looking at ~$70 for a 2 year old poorly received game. I'm honestly way more interested in the 30th Anniversary collection coming out in May
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
6737 posts
1680 upvotes
The Arcade Edition update content is free if you own Street Fighter V already.
The only part that is not free are the Season characters, which you can use Fight money or real money to unlock.

The best selling fighting games of this gen are Super Smash Bros Wii U (which had way more DLC content),
Mortal Kombat X, Injustice 2 and Tekken 7 if you are going by commercial success.
Those games just appeal more to USA and Japanese gamers than Street Fighter ever did.

Street Fighter V is still the biggest fighting game in eSports for competitive play.
$350,000 in prize money during the Capcom Cup tournament alone each of the last two years, not including EVO
and the other ones. The next biggest fighting game that holds somewhat frequent tournaments that pay out money to pro fighting game community players is Mortal Kombat XL.

SonicFox made over $450,000 USD dollars at age 19 for winning most of the major Mortal Kombat X tournaments (60+ tournaments and over 45+ 1st place finishes at tournaments).
https://www.esportsearnings.com/players ... que-mclean
Whereas the Capcom Cup winner takes $250,000 in only one tournament win.
ReeGee wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 10:36 am
that was before the game turned out to be a total critical and commercial failure. Tons of SF fans didn't bother with this game because of its shortcomings and the upcoming arcade edition is an effort to try and correct that. I'm somewhat interested but also not really because when you add up the price of the AE edition and the new character season that isn't include, you're still looking at ~$70 for a 2 year old poorly received game. I'm honestly way more interested in the 30th Anniversary collection coming out in May
Mattimeo wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 12:52 am
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
6737 posts
1680 upvotes
Showcase of what the second set of V-triggers do for each character.
Players have to choose between V-trigger 1 or the new V-trigger 2 abilities before the start of the match.

v-trigger 2 abilities:

v-trigger one abilities:
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
6737 posts
1680 upvotes
Capcom released the all-time Street Fighter character popularity poll as voted on by fans worldwide:

https://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/vote

Sakura finished first.

Here's the top 10 for those interested.

1. Sakura
2. Makoto
3. Juri
4. Q
5. Cody
6. Chun-Li
7. Sagat
8. Akuma
9. Ryu
10. Blanka
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2008
1398 posts
185 upvotes
Toronto
Downloaded it last night. I like the visual improvements.

I have yet to give the arcade mode a try yet. Just messed around with Sakura for a little bit since you get to try her out for free.

You can now put in a request to change your fighter ID and country flag by putting in a request with capcom but this will cost you 20,000 or 200K FM (someone confirm this, I read that note briefly)

IMO this is what the game should have been like when it originally released. The original game feels like a "beta" version now that I look back on it.

Any RFD'ers wanna play some matches hit me up.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2017
4694 posts
851 upvotes
totally forgot bout this...gonna update it now!

its cool has the UI is gold now but i don't like the music! prefer the old music , suits it better, this new on is more mellow and not a fighting theme imo
*SIG: OptiPlex™ 790 i5-2400 @3.1ghz 12gb DDR3 ram win10pro w/radeon rx460 rogers 500u @$24.99 using D-Link DIR-890L AC3200
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2013
1386 posts
488 upvotes
Markham
I see in OP with a list of PSN ID's but where's the love for PC gamers?!
Phone: S8+ Koodo 10gb $60
Gaming Rig: 8600K 5ghz| EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 | Dell S2716DG
Currently playing: Monster Hunter: World, Black Ops 4, Assassin's Creed: Odyssey
Deal Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
6226 posts
784 upvotes
Toronto
been enjoying this game alot the last 2 months. The first year I hardly played it because it had controller issues or it would crash every 30 mins on my PC.

Right before the fight, those close up character animations, are they rendered in real time using the graphics engine or are they pre recorded? They look phenomenal.

I play only charge characters, can anyone reccomend a fighting game that has alot of charge characters in it and that is not crazy like the MvC stuff?
I workout to get big so I can pickup bricks and ****.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
6737 posts
1680 upvotes
toalan wrote:
Mar 27th, 2018 5:29 pm
been enjoying this game alot the last 2 months. The first year I hardly played it because it had controller issues or it would crash every 30 mins on my PC.

Right before the fight, those close up character animations, are they rendered in real time using the graphics engine or are they pre recorded? They look phenomenal.

I play only charge characters, can anyone reccomend a fighting game that has alot of charge characters in it and that is not crazy like the MvC stuff?
The move animations are way better in Street Fighter V than in previous Street Fighter games.
According to this, Capcom used motion capture as a reference point but most of the moves are touched up, re-done and re-animated by hand in-engine.
Obviously there are moves that are physically impossible to do in real life (hurricane kicks, Blanka's cannonball, 15 foot high spinning piledriver, etc).
https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016/sep ... nimations/

Charge move characters that do not have any fireball type specials are often at a major disadvantage.
That is probably why Vega, whom does not have any projectile moves, is no longer a charge character in Street Fighter V.

Some other fighting games that have some charge move characters are King of Fighters and BlazBlue. Although charge characters tend
to be less popular.

Guile in SFV has been vastly improved and has a lot more options than in previous SF games.
Particularly with being able to play aggressive offensively which a barrage of Sonic Booms when the V-trigger is activated.
In prior games, Guile players tend to turtle behind sonic booms and flash kicks for most of the match while patiently waiting for a mistake or opening.