• Apr 27th, 2019 7:38 am
Tags:
None
Jun 18, 2017
218 posts
77 upvotes
Vancouver
boldventure wrote: how about wayfair? it's free shipping
Wayfair isn't actually a "furniture store" in the same vein as Structube, they're a drop ship ecommerce company. They used to be called CSN Stores. They basically form agreements with manufacturers, put them online, and then have the manufacturer ship the item to you if you buy it. They can be a good source if you've found a "brand" that you specifically want (e.g. Hooker Furniture, Tommy Bahama, Calligari, Bush, etc) but anything that's not a known brand is going to be cheap as chips Brick style quality.
That's my name...
Nov 7, 2013
601 posts
189 upvotes
the 604
Wayfair can be awesome! still pays to shop around -- free shipping is great and i've had zero issues with customer service, but they don't always have the lowest prices. also, i suspect that many of their "collections" are made up. there are some more "name" brand manufacturers for sure. but for instance, the three area rugs i have from WF are listed under certain brands on their site. but the original/actual brand name and make, labelled on the packaging or on the rugs themselves, are completely different. each time i thought was shipped the wrong product, but then, after three different orders came that way, i realized it's just a "thing" with them.

but Structube: frustration. i went to the downtown store to buy a couple of pieces, a desk and an arm chair. website said both are "in stock" -- but staff explained that only means that it's "in stock" in a Montreal warehouse, and still needs to be shipped out west. no Western warehouse. if i ordered yesterday, my order would get to their store in three weeks. stuff looks pretty decent, but who wants to wait that long?
Deal Addict
May 8, 2007
1166 posts
478 upvotes
Turbanville
Thanks.... Great information
"Beer"
The cause of and solution to all of life's problems.
"SMART" People always makes SMART Choice..!!!!!
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2017
3047 posts
2146 upvotes
Has anyone placed an order from Structube lately and got it delivered straight to your home?

I'm wondering how long does it take to get delivered within the GTA. The sectional I want is only home delivery or pick up in Quebec.
Aug 15, 2017
1 posts
I recently bought Quentin furniture from Structube (6-drawer dresser + 2 nightstands). Looks flashy, but super cheap quality. Particleboard already broken, screws that break in 2 parts if you screw a bit too hard (and you're left with a broken screw inside your furniture), wood that splits in half when you put screws in, incorrect instructions leading to drawers completely skewed, broken metal rail, etc.

Structube seems ok-ish for stuff that doesn't require assembly. I'll never buy anything that requires assembly from Structube ever again. Stick to IKEA, you'll have zero problem assembling.
Aug 20, 2017
1 posts
Dear R8247,
In my opinion and experience, the company products are nice looking but it ends at that. Stylish but some assembly is not possible because item are not manufactured with accuracy. I'm guessing the typical imports that we see in almost all stores. Store personnel is very helpful but limited by Head office. Head office never replied to all my emails and it seems as they forgot that Good customer service is " To provide and exceed customer satisfaction".
The burden is on consumers to really look hard after a very exhaustive DD. Allmodern or .....
Good luck
Oct 6, 2007
306 posts
94 upvotes
Vaughan
Structube styles are better than Ikea, but I think the quality is worse. The pieces that require assembly are a nightmare. The individual pieces are full of defects....scratches, dents in corners. Overall not too good. Table and chairs are acceptable. Really have to think twice about chests of drawers and nightstands! Super difficult to assemble and not that sturdy.
Jan 15, 2013
890 posts
158 upvotes
Mississauga
Ahh, I just got a sectional and an arm chair. Hopefully it turns out ok. Planning to get 8 more counter stools
Jan 15, 2013
890 posts
158 upvotes
Mississauga
malaujai wrote:
How'd it turn out? We're considering this: https://www.structube.com/en/kenley-sec ... ?pid=17695 but still a bit on the fence especially given what's been written here
I just got the sofa and the arm chair delivered yesterday after 3 painful weeks of trying to deliver it to my place.

Story:

I asked Structube on how their delivery works. There's truck/s that goes to Ontario once a week, every Tuesday. My sofa/chair arrived on a Thursday or Friday and the local delivery company contacted me. I told them to deliver on the Saturday.

Saturday comes and the company tells me their truck's broken and they can't do deliveries. Fine, I said deliver it the following Saturday. Guess what? Same excuse. I called Structube for the F ups their local courier's been committing and these guys don't even give a F at all. One guy told me he could care less about the embarrassment I got by not having any seating at home.

It finally got delivered yesterday, but boy, their CS is pretty bad. Huge disconnect between them and the local delivery companies they've contracted (they don't report to Structube their F ups).

I haven't opened the sofa and arm chair. I have yet to get confirmation on my stools (ordered 8) but following their "Tuesday rule" I should've gotten a call that it's ready for pick up at the store. Perhaps I'll ask this week.

Yes I'll give a feedback about the product itself when I unpack it next week (still have renos, too busy).
Jan 16, 2018
1 posts
2 upvotes
BE AWARE OF THIS COMPANY STAY AWAY.
Its interesting that in 2018 there is a company" Structube" which not only does not have a customer service manager with an email address but also they can not transfer the phones to talk to one on the phone. Worst customer service ever. I picked up a damaged product from their store. Now if I want to replace it I have to pick it up which means to rent a van again or pay 90$ for delivery to them for a damage that I was not responsible for. Great customer service first for selling damaged products with no quality control second for great customer service and taking your responsibility to replace it and cover the costs for it and not keep your clients accountable got your mistakes.
Amazing job Structube team
May 4, 2015
117 posts
64 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Be aware of Structube!!! We're still waiting for our sofa, ordered in store 4 months ago...worst ever experience with their CS !!! I'm trying to cancel my order now...
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2017
3106 posts
4579 upvotes
West GTA
I've used them a couple of times - they are significantly more stylish than IKEA, priced a touch higher, quality is generally a bit better (less particleboard, more soft wood, etc) but it's still on the cheap side. I got some great prices from them relative to competing stores (they don't negotiate, just in general good value versus similar products elsewhere).

Their dining room sets are fine, their hard surface chairs are fine, but be wary of their padded furniture (couches, padded chairs, etc) - they use somewhat lighter-weight foam so you shouldn't expect the foam to last longer than 5-7 years before you get a fair bit of deformation and give. For the price point, that isn't unreasonable, but sometimes it's worth spending a bit more money to get something that lasts if you're planning on staying somewhere for a decade.

Delivery is kind of a pain, with fairly long wait times (not unreasonable given they source from Asia), and I've heard customer service is so-so. I had no issues.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2011
9598 posts
2225 upvotes
Somewhere
I bought a bed from Structube. I made sure they have it in stock.

When I was putting it together, the bottom support pieces were stamped (along the lines of) ... "LUZHOU FENXING RUHAO FURNITURE"

I mean, it's not exactly surprising, but it just confirms that Structube just goes to China, reviews a whole catalog of cheap China furniture, the rebrands them with Western style names, ships it, and sells it here. They don't actually manufacture any of it themselves.
:confused:
Deal Fanatic
Jan 15, 2004
7631 posts
2175 upvotes
Of course, otherwise no way they can sell at that price. If you look at wayfair, most of those are also Chinese products. At the end of the day, you get what you paid for.
iEyeCaptain wrote: I bought a bed from Structube. I made sure they have it in stock.

When I was putting it together, the bottom support pieces were stamped (along the lines of) ... "LUZHOU FENXING RUHAO FURNITURE"

I mean, it's not exactly surprising, but it just confirms that Structube just goes to China, reviews a whole catalog of cheap China furniture, the rebrands them with Western style names, ships it, and sells it here. They don't actually manufacture any of it themselves.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2017
3106 posts
4579 upvotes
West GTA
iEyeCaptain wrote: I bought a bed from Structube. I made sure they have it in stock.

The majority of the stuff you find from these low-to-mid-range stores is contracted Made in China stuff. They have manufacturers in China who will make products to spec. Structube isn't the only one - you're getting MiC stuff from all the big box stores and most of the furniture-only places too.

If you want Canadian-made furniture which will typically be made to a higher standard and it isn't populated by companies that are chasing max margin (in which case they'd go to Asia for manufacturing) then you'll pay more.

Frankly, even then some made-in-China furniture can be decent quality:

https://www.palliser.com/faqs

This is a Canadian company that manufactures in China, Vietnam and Indonesia, and is known for making good quality furniture. It'll cost you twice what a Structube piece would, but it'll be a lot nicer. It's also made in SE Asia.

Here's a (largely) Canadian-made alternative if you're interested:

https://www.eq3.com/ca/en/aboutus/canadian-made
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2010
1982 posts
659 upvotes
South Western Ontari…
Looking at open box bed frame. Says minor cosmetic inperfecion and brand new items. How do we know it wasnt a used product?

Also its final sale and no refund or exchange. Is it worth saving 25%?
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2009
1900 posts
1367 upvotes
Toronto
Avoid Structube at all costs!!

TERRIBLE customer service and will find any/all reasons to refuse refunds!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)