May 2, 2006
4949 posts
1028 upvotes
GTA

Toronto Raptors Home Games on average 50% Less Than Ticketmaster

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Stubhub
I am an MLSE newsletter subscriber and got my presale code for the Raptors 2017-2018 season single games the other day... But decided to compare TIcketmaster prices to current resale prices on Stubhub before forking out $$$ and what do you know... Currently, most games are on average 1/2 as cheap on Stubhub! Enjoy...

https://www.stubhub.com/find/s/?q=toron ... me%20games

Just one example...

Got 2 tickets to Nov 5 game vs Washington Wizards on Stubhub in Section 323 Row 12 for a total $79.26 USD (~ $96.50 CAD). Ticketmaster wants $228.50 CAD for 2 seats in Section 323 Row 14 for the same game!!
18 replies
Jun 28, 2009
545 posts
147 upvotes
I bought tickets yesterday from this site as soon as I saw the prices from the pre-sale yesterday.

$113 to see the sixers play? (Ticketmaster price plus service fee). Bought my tickets for about $55 CAD each at StubHub.

One thing I'm worried about though is that the 2 game I've purchased, it just shows the section and row; no seat number. Also, it's supposed to be delivered electronically 1 day before the game
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 2, 2006
4949 posts
1028 upvotes
GTA
Stubhub will try to substitute your tickets with similar ones in case of seller not being able to deliver and if they can't, they will issue a full refund. In my 4 years of using them, it is yet to happen *once*. I'd say purchasing from Stubhub is pretty low risk.
Sep 7, 2017
3 posts
1 upvote
I have seasons tickets and have some games I won't be going to this year as Ill have a new born. If anyone is interested PM me and I can let you know the prices for that game. I can transfer through raptors account manager hard tickets or e tickets. Whatever is easier
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2006
2450 posts
1544 upvotes
Pickering, ON
Don't buy tickets right now lol. Wait till first week of the season and you'll see those prices drop big time.

Been a season seat holder for five season and the same trend will continue
#WeTheNorth
Apr 6, 2005
326 posts
26 upvotes
zaidyboy wrote:
Sep 14th, 2017 12:32 am
Don't buy tickets right now lol. Wait till first week of the season and you'll see those prices drop big time.

Been a season seat holder for five season and the same trend will continue
why do you think that happens?
Mar 25, 2009
397 posts
74 upvotes
Toronto
VC15 wrote:
Sep 14th, 2017 1:44 pm
why do you think that happens?
I would like to know too WHY "those prices drop big time" ....
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
1885 posts
140 upvotes
Season ticket holders pay the same price for every regular season game so they can sell "premium" games lower than face value and still make a profit/break even.....right?
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2007
4099 posts
787 upvotes
Toronto
BigJonsson wrote:
Sep 14th, 2017 4:12 pm
Season ticket holders pay the same price for every regular season game so they can sell "premium" games lower than face value and still make a profit/break even.....right?
lol? they sell premium games for a lot higher which makes up the lower-priced garbage game tickets they sell
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 2, 2006
4949 posts
1028 upvotes
GTA
BigJonsson wrote:
Sep 14th, 2017 4:12 pm
Season seats holders get charged a fixed amount for full season, not for individual games. They can buy additional tickets at discount direct from MLSE but I'm fairly certain the pricing varies depending on the opponent, just like with Ticketmaster. I have TFC season seats, so I assume it works the same for the Raptors.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
1885 posts
140 upvotes
ez_86 wrote:
Sep 14th, 2017 4:26 pm
lol? they sell premium games for a lot higher which makes up the lower-priced garbage game tickets they sell
Well yea, it depends on supply and demand but the market can get under face value sometimes

If too many people are listing tickets for a premium game some sellers may crash the market to sell the tickets, they can still make a profit by undercutting the market sometimes
Last edited by BigJonsson on Sep 14th, 2017 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 26, 2017
141 posts
25 upvotes
Toronto
Good to know , i always knew about stubhub just never went there.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
1885 posts
140 upvotes
izzyzz wrote:
Sep 14th, 2017 4:30 pm
Season seats holders get charged a fixed amount for full season, not for individual games. They can buy additional tickets at discount direct from MLSE but I'm fairly certain the pricing varies depending on the opponent, just like with Ticketmaster. I have TFC season seats, so I assume it works the same for the Raptors.
Maybe something changed but my friend has Raptors season tix and if you divide the season cost by 41 games you get the lowest face value of that seat for every game

The cheapest season seats come to 22.53 per game this season

What is the cheapest purple seat through ticketmaster?

Edit - I just checked Ticketmaster........good lord tickets are expensive right now :| 65 minimum dollars to see the Detroit Pistons hahaha
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2006
2450 posts
1544 upvotes
Pickering, ON
mcfrugal wrote:
Sep 14th, 2017 4:06 pm
I would like to know too WHY "those prices drop big time" ....
essentially its the the hype. There are so many Raptors season seat holders where most of them are in it to make money. With so much supply, demand is low. That's why, in the playoffs, you saw people taking a hit because they couldn't sell.

Raptors also have something called 'dynamic pricing' where they're able to alter face value pricing at any point during the season.

Believe me folks, the time to purchase tickets is beginning of the season. There are so many avenues to purchase tickets even on game day through ticketmaster resale or stub hub and you'll get these tickets for 30$ to 40% off the face.
#WeTheNorth