• Last Updated:
  • Apr 16th, 2018 9:01 am
[OP]
Apr 22, 2017
16 posts

Student loan

Hey everyone do you know is there any government plan or help if u have done college and i owe $7000 because i don't have a job yet and living with parents and family income is low i completed my study in 2017 april and i applied for RAP in November and got 6 month no payments till april and still low family income do u guys know if government have any plan after tht u dont have to pay loan
6 replies
Jul 22, 2015
267 posts
101 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Get a minimum wage job until you find a job in the field you studied
Oct 18, 2006
258 posts
4 upvotes
Start another OSAP funding without load, using those money pay your previous debt
Jan 31, 2016
66 posts
20 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
AmrinK003240 wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2018 3:18 pm
Hey everyone do you know is there any government plan or help if u have done college and i owe $7000 because i don't have a job yet and living with parents and family income is low i completed my study in 2017 april and i applied for RAP in November and got 6 month no payments till april and still low family income do u guys know if government have any plan after tht u dont have to pay loan
Like the above posts said, just get any job to pay off your debt. The sooner you pay it off, the better.
raid3050 wrote:
Apr 2nd, 2018 5:01 pm
Start another OSAP funding without load, using those money pay your previous debt
Using debt to pay off another debt? If this a joke, then I forgot to laugh.
Banned
Jun 8, 2008
3977 posts
1382 upvotes
Toronto
No job, live with parents, looking for ways to not pay off your debt and yet you're in the market to buy a 4 year old SUV?

Call me confused. Its a loan, not a grant. It needs to be repaid. What did you study at college? Have you had people look at your resume and cover letter? How are your interview skills?
Deal Addict
May 19, 2015
1019 posts
417 upvotes
You can keep applying for RAP every 6 months (read up on the RAP process etc) this can go on for years but should only be used by those who really can't pay off their debts. It takes >10years from graduation for the government to start paying off your principle though so I'd work on getting a job instead of trying to get out of paying a measly 7k
Zoomer Mobile Customer - $36/month for 4 GB + free phone

Thumbs up if this post helped you 👍🏻☺️