Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Amazon Canada] Students: Free Amazon Prime for 6 months

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 29th, 2018 12:20 am
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2005
1356 posts
505 upvotes
This isn't anything new... Just because it works with your school email doesn't entitle you to it if you are not in school.

Conditions
To sign up for and use Amazon Student, you must (1) have an Amazon.ca account, (2) be a college, university or CEGEP student actively enrolled in at least one course at a college, university or CEGEP geographically located in Canada, (3) be able to provide proof of enrollment upon request and (4) have a valid college, university or CEGEP e-mail address. We may accept or refuse membership in our sole discretion. We may ask you to furnish documentation supporting your eligibility. If you do not provide documentation indicating that you meet the eligibility requirements above, you may be required to reimburse us for benefits you received as a result of your Amazon Student membership.

BTW for those looking for amazon family, the student membership does not work with it.
Last edited by pitabread on Dec 25th, 2016 5:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Apr 23, 2013
586 posts
233 upvotes
That is not a referral link
This is: [...]

Just demonstrating an example, do not click. I dont need any referrals.
Last edited by Mars2012 on Dec 25th, 2016 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed link
Be nice to people k?

Go Zoomers~~~~
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
8225 posts
3356 upvotes
Markham
pitabread wrote:
Dec 25th, 2016 5:11 am
This isn't anything new... Just because it works with your school email doesn't entitle you to it if you are not in school.

Conditions
To sign up for and use Amazon Student, you must (1) have an Amazon.ca account, (2) be a college, university or CEGEP student actively enrolled in at least one course at a college, university or CEGEP geographically located in Canada, (3) be able to provide proof of enrollment upon request and (4) have a valid college, university or CEGEP e-mail address. We may accept or refuse membership in our sole discretion. We may ask you to furnish documentation supporting your eligibility. If you do not provide documentation indicating that you meet the eligibility requirements above, you may be required to reimburse us for benefits you received as a result of your Amazon Student membership.

BTW for those looking for amazon family, the student membership does not work with it.
I wonder how strict are they with enforcing it, Microsoft doesn't seem to care about enforcing the Home Use Program with school email addresses, which aren't even for students but for employees.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 24, 2007
7084 posts
691 upvotes
Toronto
Is this new? I already had done trial student prime membership a few years back. Not seeing any free offer with the OP's link.
Sep 28, 2013
310 posts
271 upvotes
BRANTFORD
Not a current student but I do have a college email. I don't like reading this part: "If you do not provide documentation indicating that you meet the eligibility requirements above, you may be required to reimburse us for benefits you received as a result of your Amazon Student membership. "
Dec 23, 2016
178 posts
190 upvotes
j9a3s5
can you cancel after 6 months with no problems?
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2005
1356 posts
505 upvotes
ToniCipriani wrote:
Dec 25th, 2016 8:28 am
I wonder how strict are they with enforcing it, Microsoft doesn't seem to care about enforcing the Home Use Program with school email addresses, which aren't even for students but for employees.
Not really strict as you can lie about the program you are in, hence op saying old email address works. I signed up over a year ago while I was in part-time studies, from what I remember it asked for your student information, completion date, your field of study, and etc. Recently upgraded to full on prime after finishing my program for the amazon family discounts on diapers, that's how I found out amazon family wasn't part of it.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2006
2748 posts
577 upvotes
That Amazon Student deal is back.
  • First 6 months free.
  • FREE Two-Day Shipping
  • Unlimited photo storage
  • Student exclusive deals
Costs $39 a year after the trial for the 2 day shipping benefits vs $79 a year for regular prime.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/student/signup/info

Does anyone know if you get the 20% off videogame preorders with the Student Account?
Feb 23, 2017
279 posts
214 upvotes
Isn't this deal always there? I've had it for over a year
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
1145 posts
690 upvotes
Orleans, ON
KenA wrote:
Apr 25th, 2017 9:25 am
Does anyone know if you get the 20% off videogame preorders with the Student Account?
Yes. I have it and get 20% off all the time.
Last edited by Kevin8se7en on Apr 25th, 2017 9:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2009
1157 posts
321 upvotes
Does the student deal give amazon video?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2011
7771 posts
2438 upvotes
Toronto
dunlop wrote:
Apr 25th, 2017 9:34 am
Does the student deal give amazon video?
Yes. It's just student pricing.
Aug 26, 2011
76 posts
26 upvotes
Calgary
does the email have to be a student email or could i use a work email
May 30, 2010
326 posts
508 upvotes
The page says amazon video is not available to trial period customers. Is there an option to just pay for 18 months if not in quebec.