Personal Finance

Studio Tax 2011 available for download (free)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 22nd, 2012 3:30 pm
Tags:
None
27 replies
Deal Fanatic
Feb 17, 2007
6412 posts
2624 upvotes
Mort Réal, QC
Pre-certified version, you can fill in info for now and then need to wait to update to the final release (CRA/QRA certified version) is launched to netfile or print.

Thanks for the heads up!

I paper-filed last year because I hadn't realized Studio Tax was now QC friendly. I won't make that mistake this year :D
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2005
1998 posts
1581 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Yeah, love the program. Highly recommend it to others.
Nov 12, 2003
672 posts
9 upvotes
:) Thanks.. this will be my fourth year using it!
Remember, you are what you eat! NO DONUTS!
Apr 22, 2011
432 posts
39 upvotes
Awesome did some rough number calculations based on it looks like a nice little return woot.
Warning: Anything I write is to the best of my knowledge, I may be wrong about things, I may have a different thought on things than yourself and I do not always follow the herd. I am also a RFD personal finance addict.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2006
1067 posts
117 upvotes
Calgary
Thanks again!
Alberta Auto, Home, Business and Travel Insurance Broker
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2007
5069 posts
3306 upvotes
Thanks, I always use them.
As a word of caution, I had problems filling out some information last year with this program and they later addressed the issue with an update. In short, be sure to update your software periodically as they seem to fix bugs along the way.
Feb 15, 2011
227 posts
24 upvotes
LostInTruth wrote: Here's a estimate version - 2011 has not been released yet though (but says coming soon)

http://turbotax.intuit.ca/tax-resources ... ulator.jsp

Hi,

I have downloaded the pre-certified version and installed it, however it ask my SIN # etc.

Is there any online tool / website where I can calculate my estimated return? The above stated one is very simple and does not take care of RRSP contribution, tution credits, books credits etc.

Thank you
Deal Guru
Nov 30, 2009
12178 posts
603 upvotes
Toronto
CanadianinCanada wrote: Hi,

I have downloaded the pre-certified version and installed it, however it ask my SIN # etc.

Is there any online tool / website where I can calculate my estimated return? The above stated one is very simple and does not take care of RRSP contribution, tution credits, books credits etc.

Thank you

Hey,

Sorry but I'm not sure. This one is very simple. There might be more advanced estimates out there but this is the only one I came across. It does take RRSP into fact though. Remember just a rough estimate - so with all the other credits you'll probably be looking at more.

Found a better one: http://www.walterharder.ca/T1.asp
Feb 15, 2011
227 posts
24 upvotes
LostInTruth wrote: Hey,

Sorry but I'm not sure. This one is very simple. There might be more advanced estimates out there but this is the only one I came across. It does take RRSP into fact though. Remember just a rough estimate - so with all the other credits you'll probably be looking at more.

Found a better one: http://www.walterharder.ca/T1.asp

Thank you, this one is much better, still not able to find where I can enter the tution credits credits and textbook credits for my wife.

Appreciated and thanked!!!
Deal Addict
May 15, 2010
2000 posts
115 upvotes
North York
What's the point of this getting this program now if you'll just have to re-download it later, why not just wait till then? I mean I know you can fill it out now then save it and load it up later, but why is it so important to fill it out now?
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2005
1884 posts
230 upvotes
Dilton wrote: What's the point of this getting this program now if you'll just have to re-download it later, why not just wait till then? I mean I know you can fill it out now then save it and load it up later, but why is it so important to fill it out now?

Some people have time now and won't have time later.
Jan 24, 2007
322 posts
8 upvotes
which is better Studio Tax or Turbo Tax?
I have a self employment income, regular income, investments(stocks/mutual funds), RRSP, tuition.
Been a TT user since wayyyy back, but the $100 i have to fork over is not to my liking.