• Last Updated:
  • Jul 1st, 2013 7:29 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2006
3615 posts
49 upvotes
2011 Corolla has clock under the accessory bin on central stack, 5 centimeters above the floor tunnel. You can't check time without taking your eyes off the road :(
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2007
6380 posts
1882 upvotes
NorthYorker wrote:
Nov 12th, 2012 11:38 am
2011 Corolla has clock under the accessory bin on central stack, 5 centimeters above the floor tunnel. You can't check time without taking your eyes off the road :(
2010 Matrix also has this problem. :(

Other things that annoy me:

- stupid flexy fabric trunk cover for current gen. Matrix. HTF do you fold the thing properly?!
- Pontiac Aztek. I haven't driven the thing or know of its features but one look at it was all it took to condemn it as one of the ugliest cars EVER
- LED headlights (especially aftermarket). It was cool when Audi put it on their A4 but now every luxury (and non-luxury brand) is doing it. You can even buy those stupid things for your 1996 Honda Accord. It's like Altezza taillight popularity all over again.
- not really directly automobile related but those stupid stickmen decals on the back of cars denoting how many people/pets are in your family. Thanks for telling the local pedo how many young children you have in your family.
Feb 16, 2009
816 posts
73 upvotes
GunnerX wrote:
Nov 12th, 2012 8:58 am
What's wrong with auto dimming rear view mirrors? There's way too many stupid people driving around with high beams on and this really helps prevent you from getting blinded.
I find it takes the glare from "blinding" down to "almost blinding". I always have to grab the mirror and crank it away from my eyes. Maybe it's an old age thing.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2005
1485 posts
99 upvotes
Guelph
heyhey wrote:
Nov 12th, 2012 12:59 pm
Car beeping when you don't have your seat belt on.
Why.. At least for the drivers one. Passenger/others could be annoying especially as putting things on the seats may set them off, but my car doesn't "beep" to this, so that's dependent on the car.
Nom nom nom.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2006
6219 posts
204 upvotes
I despise the GM auxiliary lighting that activates your reverse lights when you unlock your car.

Backlit dash boards

Building in features then charging way more to have them "installed" and/or activated. Toyota builds all FJ cruisers with a locking rear differential, but when you pay the $800 they simply install a switch so you can use it. On other cars cruise control is built in to the cars ECU but when you buy cruise control they just install the switch and wire it up, and it costs more than it did back when they had to install an actual vacuum control based CC system!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 19, 2003
5180 posts
272 upvotes
jason9945 wrote:
Nov 12th, 2012 4:50 pm
I despise the GM auxiliary lighting that activates your reverse lights when you unlock your car.
This! I think cars are backing up when they're parked but they're not! This is the stupidest idea they have thought of to do!!!
This space for rent.
Jul 17, 2009
791 posts
247 upvotes
Richmond Hill
^^ that!! what a way to confuse drivers, especially in the parking lot.
Feb 16, 2009
816 posts
73 upvotes
"high beam on" indicator dash lamps that are almost as bright as the actual high beams - I'm always jamming business cards in the cluster
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
20335 posts
4292 upvotes
Poormond Hill
Idiot lights instead of gauges
Touch screen controls instead of physical buttons.
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2005
2912 posts
560 upvotes
Vaughan
GunnerX wrote:
Nov 12th, 2012 5:54 pm
This! I think cars are backing up when they're parked but they're not! This is the stupidest idea they have thought of to do!!!
AARON_R/C wrote:
Nov 12th, 2012 5:59 pm
^^ that!! what a way to confuse drivers, especially in the parking lot.
This actually happened to me the other day. I saw reverse lights go on, so i stop. I saw the person getting into their car 5 seconds later, and thinking to myself, "wtf".
For Sale

Nothing at the moment
Penalty Box
May 8, 2006
1094 posts
99 upvotes
rayray13 wrote:
Nov 10th, 2012 11:17 pm
A/C that automagically engages when using "defrost" settings at certain temperatures/conditions.
Hate this as well.
rayray13 wrote:
Nov 10th, 2012 11:17 pm

Seat material that seems to have a molecular structure designed specifically to bind to and hold fart molecules.
WTH are you driving??
Deal Fanatic
Oct 19, 2003
5180 posts
272 upvotes
hystat wrote:
Nov 12th, 2012 4:03 pm
I find it takes the glare from "blinding" down to "almost blinding". I always have to grab the mirror and crank it away from my eyes. Maybe it's an old age thing.
Really? On my TL, the system works really well. It makes high beams look like dim lights. I forget the guy behind me has high beams on until I look at my side mirrors. I also have this on my impreza and it works just as well. Which car do you have?
This space for rent.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2007
2711 posts
305 upvotes
Putting facebook in a "infotainment" system is the worst idea ever.
BlackJays wrote:
Mar 13th, 2010 6:02 pm
shame has been acheived
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2007
2865 posts
243 upvotes
GTA
BluePhirePB wrote:
Nov 12th, 2012 12:38 pm
2010 Matrix also has this problem. :(

Other things that annoy me:

- LED headlights (especially aftermarket). It was cool when Audi put it on their A4 but now every luxury (and non-luxury brand) is doing it. You can even buy those stupid things for your 1996 Honda Accord. It's like Altezza taillight popularity all over again.
- not really directly automobile related but those stupid stickmen decals on the back of cars denoting how many people/pets are in your family. Thanks for telling the local pedo how many young children you have in your family.
Agreed. It seems nearly every car maker has copied Audi by using LED lights as DRLs these days. I'm happy that Audi has actually started to move away from these and gone with what is offered on the new A4.

As for the stickers, I recently saw a car that had a decal stating "I don't care about your stick figure family" and had a picture of a cartoon car running over/through a stick figure family. I thought it was pretty funny.