• Last Updated:
  • Jul 1st, 2013 7:29 am
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
May 8, 2005
31842 posts
1333 upvotes
Our Saturn ( imported from Europe ) has the passenger door unlock button located smack in the middle of the center portion of the dash ( instead of on the driver's arm rest somewhere where you see it most often )

Thought this was crazy and it drove me nuts at first, but to be honest, a year in, I kinda' like it located there now..
" The placebo effect is the most powerful supplement of all "
" The pain of discipline weighs ounces, the pain of neglect weighs tons "
" The best training in the world can't overcome a lousy diet "
TRAIN HARD !!!!
Jul 17, 2009
791 posts
247 upvotes
Richmond Hill
our MK6 GTI, just like some other cars has no Ignition barrel light where the key goes, cannot lock doors manually when leaving the car, loud honk when locking with remote
Deal Fanatic
Jun 17, 2013
5120 posts
1493 upvotes
Montreal
Lancer ... No pressure sensors in the tire is a headache. During the winter if you get a ice warning (if its around 3 degrees you get multiple warnings in one short trip) your dash gives you a warning about your tires which you have to hold a button to get rid of. While driving this is a pain in the butt. The warning will show if: any warning comes on the dash (traction control, weather, etc) or you go from being stationary to moving. Oh and if you turn the warning off you get another bright yellow warning that does not go away and will not dim with the rest of the dash making it too bright at night.
Deal Guru
Jun 12, 2003
14718 posts
1075 upvotes
Markham
kazkira wrote:
Jun 30th, 2013 12:40 am
+1 on the always-lit gauge. Too many idiots driving with lights off on the roads..
+10000

Hyundai genesis coupe back seats are useless and the trunk opening can only fit a small child
ShadowVlican
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
24954 posts
5230 upvotes
poedua wrote:
Jun 30th, 2013 10:26 am
Our Saturn ( imported from Europe ) has the passenger door unlock button located smack in the model of the center potion of the dash ( instead of on the driver's arm rest somewhere where you see it most often )

Thought this was crazy and it drove me nuts at first, but to be honest, a year in, I kinda' like it located there now..
Many/most BMWs have the lock switches in the centre as well.

I was just commenting yesterday about how I think it's dumb all MBs have their power seat controls on the doors instead of on the seats, which is much more common. Though the door may actually be easier to understand/use, the fact that most people expect them to be on the seats (from pretty much every other car make) makes the door controls counter-intuitive.
AARON_R/C wrote:
Jun 30th, 2013 12:23 pm
our MK6 GTI, just like some other cars has no Ignition barrel light where the key goes, cannot lock doors manually when leaving the car, loud honk when locking with remote
You can have the horn honk coded out if you wish--either find someone with a VAG-COM cable or ask your dealer next time you're in for service (if you go to a dealer for service that is).
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
20335 posts
4292 upvotes
Poormond Hill
Kia Soul has a separate button to direct air to the winshield. Dumb!
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2011
2585 posts
1025 upvotes
Winnipeg
umop wrote:
Jun 30th, 2013 12:07 am
- Speedometer not directly behind the steering wheel but off to the side like this.
Wow, I hate when cars (like Saturn Ion) have it like that.
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2011
1090 posts
71 upvotes
Toronto
ES_Revenge wrote:
Jun 30th, 2013 2:05 pm

I was just commenting yesterday about how I think it's dumb all MBs have their power seat controls on the doors instead of on the seats, which is much more common. Though the door may actually be easier to understand/use, the fact that most people expect them to be on the seats (from pretty much every other car make) makes the door controls counter-intuitive.

You can have the horn honk coded out if you wish--either find someone with a VAG-COM cable or ask your dealer next time you're in for service (if you go to a dealer for service that is).

i actually like having seat and memory controls on the doors. wished they added in the pull handle twice to unlock feature.
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2010
2598 posts
412 upvotes
Kagaaruk, NU
i hate the trend towards HIDs, but for MY2012 it looks like only the american cars (esp lincoln, **** you lincoln) have blinding headlights.

the germans, japanese and koreans have HIDs too, but they're not blinding at all. i could stare directly into them without it affecting my vision.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2005
31842 posts
1333 upvotes
ES_Revenge wrote:
Jun 30th, 2013 2:05 pm
I don't know if this is yet another European thing, but on this the Astra ( Opel ), the controls for the standard cruise-control system are located on the end of the turn-signal stalk - as opposed having the cruise-control buttons being located on the steering wheel ( which is what I've been most used to having in the past ).

Not sure which makes more ergonomic sense - cruise buttons located on the turn signal or cruise buttons located on the steering wheel.

But based on my experience so far, if I had to guess, I think I'm much less likely to take my eyes off the road and glance at the buttons on the end of the turn-signal stalk as they seem a bit more intuitive tactile.
" The placebo effect is the most powerful supplement of all "
" The pain of discipline weighs ounces, the pain of neglect weighs tons "
" The best training in the world can't overcome a lousy diet "
TRAIN HARD !!!!