• Last Updated:
  • Apr 5th, 2014 7:00 pm
Tags:
None
Dec 10, 2012
28 posts
5 upvotes

Stupid Question

I know this is probably a dumb question and I think I already know the answer unfortunately.

I had Rogers internet installed today and will be cancelling Bell any minute, is there any way I can keep my outlook email account that is provided through Bell? I realize keeping the address isn't possible, but I can I set up a new Rogers email in Outlook? Rogers uses Yahoo, which I hate.

I know I should've set up a web based email account awhile ago, stupid me, but I like using Outlook and have become really comfortable doing so.

Any help would be welcome, changing providers is a pain in the ***** .
1 reply
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2010
1879 posts
1407 upvotes
Barrie ON
I'm not sure exactly what you are asking, but it sounds like you want to continue using the Outlook email client that is part of Microsoft Office rather than using web based mail. I make this distinction because Outlook Mail is the latest name of the Microsoft web mail, replacing HotMail.

If that is what you want to do, then it is entirely possible. I use Outlook (client) to read my Sympatico mail, Gmail, Hotmail, and Yahoo accounts without any problems. You just need to enter the POP3 and SMTP server names into Outlook, and all this is available on the web site of your email provider.

It may surprise you to know that you already have web-mail with Sympatico. Go to outlook.com and log in with your Sympatico email and password. You may even find that your Sympatico email will continue to work after your Bell Internet is disconnected.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)