Automotive

Sub $800 lease, what to choose???

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 21st, 2018 11:31 am
Tags:
[OP]
Newbie
Dec 7, 2018
42 posts
20 upvotes
6mthatch wrote:
Dec 19th, 2018 2:21 pm
why not just hop on leasebusters????
I have looked but they don't seem to have a lot to offer, at least, the last time I checked.

I'm looking now, but I'm not even sure this is the correct, legit site. It looks like someone made it in their parents basement....

https://www.leasebusters.com/en/default.asp
Yo ho ho...
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2013
2395 posts
1671 upvotes
That is it.
Smash that like button!
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2013
2395 posts
1671 upvotes
tons of c43 AMGs, s3/s4, mustang gts, etc.
Smash that like button!
[OP]
Newbie
Dec 7, 2018
42 posts
20 upvotes
6mthatch wrote:
Dec 19th, 2018 2:51 pm
tons of c43 AMGs, s3/s4, mustang gts, etc.
What is the difference between the Payment before taxes VS Effective payment?
Yo ho ho...
Sr. Member
Jul 21, 2009
651 posts
120 upvotes
Toronto
TheKiwiCornelius wrote:
Dec 19th, 2018 1:26 pm
So I am looking at leasing a vehicle this coming year and would like some input from anyone willing to offer. Yes, yes, we all have different needs and wants, but I'm curious what everyone else thinks. To give a little background info: I don't "need" any specific type of vehicle. I could be just as happy driving a pickup or a 2 seat sports car. In fact, I have owned all sorts of vehicles in the past: pickup, Jeep, regular 4 door Japanese commuter, muscle car, hot hatch, luxury, etc.

The only caveat is that I would like to stay under $800 a month, taxes in (not for tax purposes, just a comfortable number). Lease term, NO LONGER than 36 months. In fact, I would prefer even less but it seems that 36 months for most makers is the minimum (most, not all). And news to me, used cars can be leased as well???? So if that is truly the case, new or used is fine.

If you were me, what would YOU buy??? Thanks!

BTW, this is meant to be a fun post. I have no brand loyalty (I don't own shares in any car manufacturer, and you won't hurt my feelings if you say brand XYZ sucks). I'm just genuinely curious as to what other people would buy, if they were in my shoes. And yes, I am indeed looking to lease, so I will take peoples opinions into account.

EDIT: made some updates based on a question someone had....

EDIT: maybe had I made the title Sub $500 lease, it would be getting thumbs up? I can't understand the hate and contempt people feel for complete strangers. Honestly people, life is short. Live a little and have fun. Merry Christmas!
You asked for an opinion on what you would get yet you have given us absolutely no information about you or your needs other than that you can afford a 800$/mo payment...

What did you expect from starting this thread?
[OP]
Newbie
Dec 7, 2018
42 posts
20 upvotes
submarine wrote:
Dec 19th, 2018 3:19 pm
You asked for an opinion on what you would get yet you have given us absolutely no information about you or your needs other than that you can afford a 800$/mo payment...

What did you expect from starting this thread?
"BTW, this is meant to be a fun post. I have no brand loyalty (I don't own shares in any car manufacturer, and you won't hurt my feelings if you say brand XYZ sucks). I'm just genuinely curious as to what other people would buy, if they were in my shoes. And yes, I am indeed looking to lease, so I will take peoples opinions into account."

I've put that in quotes because I have it in the original post. I'm open to anything, as I was alluding to by showing my past vehicle ownership. I don't have to have any specific car, just thought it would be interesting to get other peoples ideas. I know people are joking with the whole beaten horse, beige Corolla, and the van that was linked, and that's cool. But I also realize that a lot of older children/very young adults, that still live at home, or people that are not as financially secure as others, get worked up when posts like this present themselves. Some people don't want to hear that someone else can afford a car better than theirs, and that's cool. It's sad, but cool. I was simply highlighting that negging a post because of envy or just being an overall douche, is a sad way to live ones life.

Lots of negativity here.... I don't get it. Is it really that bad out there for everyone?
Yo ho ho...
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 9, 2007
10197 posts
4822 upvotes
Toronto
enough chit chat...what's your pick?
TheKiwiCornelius wrote:
Dec 19th, 2018 3:30 pm
"BTW, this is meant to be a fun post. I have no brand loyalty (I don't own shares in any car manufacturer, and you won't hurt my feelings if you say brand XYZ sucks). I'm just genuinely curious as to what other people would buy, if they were in my shoes. And yes, I am indeed looking to lease, so I will take peoples opinions into account."

I've put that in quotes because I have it in the original post. I'm open to anything, as I was alluding to by showing my past vehicle ownership. I don't have to have any specific car, just thought it would be interesting to get other peoples ideas. I know people are joking with the whole beaten horse, beige Corolla, and the van that was linked, and that's cool. But I also realize that a lot of older children/very young adults, that still live at home, or people that are not as financially secure as others, get worked up when posts like this present themselves. Some people don't want to hear that someone else can afford a car better than theirs, and that's cool. It's sad, but cool. I was simply highlighting that negging a post because of envy or just being an overall douche, is a sad way to live ones life.

Lots of negativity here.... I don't get it. Is it really that bad out there for everyone?

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Sr. Member
Nov 18, 2015
812 posts
619 upvotes
Unionville, ON
TheKiwiCornelius wrote:
Dec 19th, 2018 3:30 pm
"BTW, this is meant to be a fun post. I have no brand loyalty (I don't own shares in any car manufacturer, and you won't hurt my feelings if you say brand XYZ sucks). I'm just genuinely curious as to what other people would buy, if they were in my shoes. And yes, I am indeed looking to lease, so I will take peoples opinions into account."

I've put that in quotes because I have it in the original post. I'm open to anything, as I was alluding to by showing my past vehicle ownership. I don't have to have any specific car, just thought it would be interesting to get other peoples ideas. I know people are joking with the whole beaten horse, beige Corolla, and the van that was linked, and that's cool. But I also realize that a lot of older children/very young adults, that still live at home, or people that are not as financially secure as others, get worked up when posts like this present themselves. Some people don't want to hear that someone else can afford a car better than theirs, and that's cool. It's sad, but cool. I was simply highlighting that negging a post because of envy or just being an overall douche, is a sad way to live ones life.

Lots of negativity here.... I don't get it. Is it really that bad out there for everyone?
Why are you assuming that you are being downvoted based on people not as financially secure as you?
I think you are downvoted because your options is so board that it almost feel like a waste of time...
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 16, 2007
1097 posts
358 upvotes
I would choose a M2 Competiton if I were in your situation. If you have kids, then maybe a X3/X4 M40i for something with power, and a bit of space.
- Insert Something here so you will be able to recognize me.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jun 3, 2008
6798 posts
2706 upvotes
TheKiwiCornelius wrote:
Dec 19th, 2018 2:18 pm
That is a fantastic looking car, but that center dashboard though.....so outdated
Mr. DeMuro has plenty to say about the Metris.



I rode in one once, and it is just as bad as he makes it out to be. But if you need a multi-passenger van without a special license requirement and for it to have a Mercedes badge on the front, this is the best way still...
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 16, 2011
2893 posts
1902 upvotes
The NORTH
2019 Lincoln Nautilus twin turbo

Image
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2015
3992 posts
3064 upvotes
TheKiwiCornelius wrote:
Dec 19th, 2018 3:30 pm
"BTW, this is meant to be a fun post. I have no brand loyalty (I don't own shares in any car manufacturer, and you won't hurt my feelings if you say brand XYZ sucks). I'm just genuinely curious as to what other people would buy, if they were in my shoes. And yes, I am indeed looking to lease, so I will take peoples opinions into account."

I've put that in quotes because I have it in the original post. I'm open to anything, as I was alluding to by showing my past vehicle ownership. I don't have to have any specific car, just thought it would be interesting to get other peoples ideas. I know people are joking with the whole beaten horse, beige Corolla, and the van that was linked, and that's cool. But I also realize that a lot of older children/very young adults, that still live at home, or people that are not as financially secure as others, get worked up when posts like this present themselves. Some people don't want to hear that someone else can afford a car better than theirs, and that's cool. It's sad, but cool. I was simply highlighting that negging a post because of envy or just being an overall douche, is a sad way to live ones life.

Lots of negativity here.... I don't get it. Is it really that bad out there for everyone?
I downvoted the thread based on this post. You really think people are downvoting you because they are jealous?? LMFAO.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Oct 6, 2010
10142 posts
4565 upvotes
Toronto
TheKiwiCornelius wrote:
Dec 19th, 2018 2:18 pm
That is a fantastic looking car, but that center dashboard though.....so outdated
Soooo.... Not exactly sure what you want. You want performance? You want looks? You want interior? Bro, picking a vehicle is fairly easy. You already know what your budget is. You know what you like. You're not getting a performance, great looking car with an amazing interior for $800 all in IMO. You'd have better luck getting hooked up with real life barbie that isn't a self centered bitch.

I also contributed to your downvote. While you are asking us what would we buy, you haven't at all bitten on anyone suggestion, just ponied an excuse to dismiss it.

Anyways. GL.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 16, 2011
2893 posts
1902 upvotes
The NORTH
superfresh89 wrote:
Dec 19th, 2018 4:33 pm
I downvoted the thread based on this post. You really think people are downvoting you because they are jealous?? LMFAO.
Same, someone complains about getting down voted, that's a paddle'in.

Top