None
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2006
2697 posts
72 upvotes
Etobicoke

sub style bread: where to buy

hey all,
looking for sub style breads like subway makes. i've looked in grocery stores but all i can find are baguettes or tim hortons style sanwich breads. looking for something thats softer and wider like subway has. i've tried asking them to sell me just the breads but they won't. any ideas?
32 replies
Nov 4, 2006
748 posts
67 upvotes
Most of the higher end grocery stores carry sub style breads, stores like Dominions, Sobeys, Loblaws, and Costco should almost definitely carry them
Deal Fanatic
May 21, 2005
8211 posts
54 upvotes
when we make subs at home, we buy our bread from Highland Farms...they get them in daily from the Toronto Bread Co. (the factory is located on Progress rd. just off Kennedy in Scarborough)
FOR SALE
Shoes for sale, sz 10 - 11
100% Heatware/RFD/HoFo/eBay Feedback
Apr 22, 2006
329 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
munsifn wrote:
May 31st, 2008 11:10 pm
when we make subs at home, we buy our bread from Highland Farms...they get them in daily from the Toronto Bread Co. (the factory is located on Progress rd. just off Kennedy in Scarborough)
+1
Banned
Nov 11, 2006
8770 posts
29 upvotes
Tdot
chinese supermarkets? the one on sheppard/brimley bhind that swiss chalet :idea:
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
34335 posts
1477 upvotes
Toronto
strange... i saw packs of Submarine bread @ no frills before.
Just a long baguette thats soft like wonder bread. hmm..
    [url=http://tinyurl.com/lbqqav3][size=100][B]
  • Urbanpoet's lottery pool is BACK![/B][/size][/url]
  • 2 Corinthians 5:7 "We Walk By Faith, Not By Sight."
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2005
1926 posts
236 upvotes
Toronto
UrbanPoet wrote:
Jun 1st, 2008 8:59 am
strange... i saw packs of Submarine bread @ no frills before.
Just a long baguette thats soft like wonder bread. hmm..
yeah i remember seeing them there too...i think they came in a purple and clear bag
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2007
3463 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto
didn't want to star a new thread, so I'll ask here. Can I buy sub bread that is more like what subway uses? I've tried the highland farm bread but I don't like it very much.....
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
17604 posts
737 upvotes
Brampton
Walk into your closest Quizno's or Mr. Sub and buy the bread from them

They'll only charge a few bucks
come troll our unofficial chatroom at #redflagdeals on EFnet
Deal Fanatic
Oct 17, 2006
5309 posts
273 upvotes
they bake them on site...just walk into a subway and buy it from them
;)
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2007
3463 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto
duckdown wrote:
Sep 14th, 2008 4:24 pm
Walk into your closest Quizno's or Mr. Sub and buy the bread from them

They'll only charge a few bucks
molala wrote:
Sep 14th, 2008 4:31 pm
they bake them on site...just walk into a subway and buy it from them
Isn't that the most expensive option? I don't need to exact same bread, but I mean the subway bread tastes better, but I think it's just because it is a lot softer and not as thick
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
17604 posts
737 upvotes
Brampton
Aj23 wrote:
Sep 14th, 2008 4:37 pm
Isn't that the most expensive option? I don't need to exact same bread, but I mean the subway bread tastes better, but I think it's just because it is a lot softer and not as thick
you're not gonna find "sub bread" in a local A&P for less than 2 or 3 bucks and quizno's would charge at the MOST $4 (i think its $3.49 though) and the bread is way way better.

quizno's bread is pretty damn good if they actually toast it up nice, which you can spend the time on since your making it at home

Thats what I would do / have done at least..
come troll our unofficial chatroom at #redflagdeals on EFnet
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2006
2697 posts
72 upvotes
Etobicoke
$4 for a single bread?
isn't this RFD :lol:
duckdown wrote:
Sep 14th, 2008 4:38 pm
you're not gonna find "sub bread" in a local A&P for less than 2 or 3 bucks and quizno's would charge at the MOST $4 (i think its $3.49 though) and the bread is way way better.

quizno's bread is pretty damn good if they actually toast it up nice, which you can spend the time on since your making it at home

Thats what I would do / have done at least..
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2005
1587 posts
47 upvotes
If we want good-quality ingredients, you have to pay for them. You have to get off your wallet sometime.

Why don't you just buy a wide baguette or a batard, and slice it in half and use it? Such breads probably won't run you more than $2.00.

- MJ.
Deal Guru
Oct 14, 2003
13360 posts
684 upvotes
thepersianguy wrote:
Sep 14th, 2008 7:49 pm
$4 for a single bread?
isn't this RFD :lol:
I'd rather spend $4 and get what I want, than spend $2 and not get what I want...

If you're really picky you could bake your own, I'm sure there are lots of recipes on this thing called internet, just find a bunch and experiment (Cut the recipes down to single loafs) until you find one you are happy with.
Science
is the new
rock 'n'
roll.
× < >