Site Comments & Suggestions

Subscription and notification emails are not being sent?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 8th, 2019 11:49 am
[OP]
Sep 22, 2010
254 posts
107 upvotes
Victoria
TomRFD wrote:
Dec 8th, 2018 8:00 pm
So far my instant email notifications have been working as expected. I'll receive an email notification and then won't receive the next until I visit the forums. Once I visit the forums it resets and then I'll receive an email the next time someone replies to the thread. Is it not acting like this for you?
Hi @TomRFD ,

Just as a follow to example what I'm experiencing... I have not logged in since I my last message just above this one at 5.17pm PST. Now that I have logged in I see 93 total notifications under my bell icon, yet I did not receive a single email despite those notifications being set to both bell icon notifications and email.

Has anyone restarted the email service? If not could this be done as a first step, as I feel we have conclusively narrowed it down to something within the email system? A service restart would be a good first step in getting this resolved.

Thanks again @TomRFD ,
Cal.
[OP]
Sep 22, 2010
254 posts
107 upvotes
Victoria
TomRFD wrote:
Dec 8th, 2018 8:00 pm
So far my instant email notifications have been working as expected. I'll receive an email notification and then won't receive the next until I visit the forums. Once I visit the forums it resets and then I'll receive an email the next time someone replies to the thread. Is it not acting like this for you?
Hi @TomRFD ,

Sorry to keep replying and replying, but can something be done about this?? Has the service been restarted? Are there steps I can take? What can be done here?

Please @TomRFD ...please help me. Please @TomRFD ...how can we get this resolved??

Please...please...please....help!!

Thanks again @TomRFD ,
Cal.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
12099 posts
22404 upvotes
Scarborough
calvados.boualrd wrote:
Dec 9th, 2018 10:39 pm
Hi @TomRFD ,

Just as a follow to example what I'm experiencing... I have not logged in since I my last message just above this one at 5.17pm PST. Now that I have logged in I see 93 total notifications under my bell icon, yet I did not receive a single email despite those notifications being set to both bell icon notifications and email.

Has anyone restarted the email service? If not could this be done as a first step, as I feel we have conclusively narrowed it down to something within the email system? A service restart would be a good first step in getting this resolved.

Thanks again @TomRFD ,
Cal.
Take a screenshot of your subscriptions page and PM it to me.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2005
3173 posts
2398 upvotes
Abbotsford, B.C.
the email notifications seem to be broken again.

I unsubscribed from hot deals, and re-subscribed with immediate email notification and still doesn't work
shorter of breath and one day closer to death
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2005
3173 posts
2398 upvotes
Abbotsford, B.C.
hopefully you just did something, cause I think it's working again.
I got one new notification anyways

but there's 4 more notifications that I haven't got email about, so idk
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
12099 posts
22404 upvotes
Scarborough
raskal wrote:
Feb 6th, 2019 6:14 pm
hopefully you just did something, cause I think it's working again.
I got one new notification anyways

but there's 4 more notifications that I haven't got email about, so idk
I don't recall missing any recently. Let me know the details of which ones you're not receiving.
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2005
3173 posts
2398 upvotes
Abbotsford, B.C.
TomRFD wrote:
Feb 6th, 2019 9:50 pm
I don't recall missing any recently. Let me know the details of which ones you're not receiving.
I did get the email about notification of your reply, it took 20 minutes, but did arrive.

Also any new threads in hot deals should generate an email, since I first posted here I've had one email, when 8 new threads were created.

It's weird that it's only me, so I wouldn't worry about this much
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2005
3173 posts
2398 upvotes
Abbotsford, B.C.
I'll update on the weirdness, just for interest sake;

I got an email notification for the Videotron thread, then no emails for the next 18 deals, and got an email for the Filtrete thread

I've checked spam, etc. and they didn't come.
Jan 19, 2005
327 posts
47 upvotes
Canada
I can confirm email notifications aren't going out as of today, and they're not in my spam folder either.
/bw
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
12099 posts
22404 upvotes
Scarborough
raskal wrote:
Feb 7th, 2019 12:32 am
I'll update on the weirdness, just for interest sake;

I got an email notification for the Videotron thread, then no emails for the next 18 deals, and got an email for the Filtrete thread

I've checked spam, etc. and they didn't come.
Instant email notifications for forums and threads send out one email and then pauses until you revisit the website. This is to prevent an excessive amount of emails being sent out which in the past, has caused users to report our emails as spam. That creates problems for us which can negatively impact the deliverability of all of our emails.
blackwind wrote:
Feb 7th, 2019 2:19 am
I can confirm email notifications aren't going out as of today, and they're not in my spam folder either.
What email notifications specifically did you not receive?
Jan 19, 2005
327 posts
47 upvotes
Canada
Like him, I'm subscribed to Hot Deals. Until yesterday, there was no such "you must revisit the website" proviso. I received all deals posted to Hot Deals. Since 9:37am yesterday, I've received only one deal notification, despite visiting the site many times to check on this thread.
/bw
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2005
3173 posts
2398 upvotes
Abbotsford, B.C.
TomRFD wrote:
Feb 7th, 2019 12:36 pm
Instant email notifications for forums and threads send out one email and then pauses until you revisit the website.
Is this a new thing? It certainly wasn't that way last week.

I also visit the hot deal forum multiple times a day, and I don't see the pattern you are describing

I'll also add that I never received a email message to say that there was a reply in this thread, or any of the threads that are active daily (like the Zoomer threads)
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
12099 posts
22404 upvotes
Scarborough
There's something odd happening with select emails right now. I received my usual daily's but haven't gotten a PM email all day. I'll have the team look into it in the morning and report back.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
12099 posts
22404 upvotes
Scarborough
The problem has been identified and emails are starting to go out again. My apologies if you receive a ton of emails in the next few hours.
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2005
3173 posts
2398 upvotes
Abbotsford, B.C.
TomRFD wrote:
Feb 8th, 2019 11:21 am
The problem has been identified and emails are starting to go out again. My apologies if you receive a ton of emails in the next few hours.
thanks!
they are starting to come in already