Shopping Discussion

Subway $6.00 classic subs - valid in Canada?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 22nd, 2016 1:10 pm
Tags:
17 replies
May 7, 2009
169 posts
31 upvotes
Hamilton
zero chance those subs are $6 in canada

they just rolled out the $7 promo a couple weeks ago
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
21132 posts
9788 upvotes
Toronto
This is hot deals forum, not maybe hot deals?
Deal Addict
May 9, 2003
1534 posts
415 upvotes
Not in Canada. Many of these are $6.99 on sub of the day so zero chance of $6 everyday.
Nov 11, 2015
300 posts
218 upvotes
They did have $6 subs in Banff. I only remember veggie deluxe, falafel, ham. They had a special sign about it. Nothing about an end date though. So this deal is on in at least in some parts of Canada.
Penalty Box
May 12, 2011
3407 posts
487 upvotes
North Vancouver
Not in Canada "Warren" lol
Penalty Box
Nov 13, 2010
7814 posts
1867 upvotes
Scarborough
do yourself a favor and avoid this chain. Each time people go there and line up its like the subway employee is doing them a huge favor making their sub, with the ridiculously slow speed and skimpy toppings. Even 6 bucks is NOT worth it.
Sep 16, 2015
792 posts
1605 upvotes
Calgary, AB
The $6 foot-long deal is available on certain subs in Calgary and area. I find that the best approach to toppings is to politely request more as they're making it. The 'sandwich artist' always complies, especially if they recognize me as a repeat customer.
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2003
2173 posts
883 upvotes
transitguy1 wrote: do yourself a favor and avoid this chain. Each time people go there and line up its like the subway employee is doing them a huge favor making their sub, with the ridiculously slow speed and skimpy toppings. Even 6 bucks is NOT worth it.
You have it backwards, the annoying clients make Subway a PITA to to go. No clue what they want. No clue on what bread. No clue what toppings. It's extra everything but no to much of this or that, toasted but no too toasted, loads and loads of sauce, half a bin of olives... god forbid the employee makes a mistake, the customers become aggressive jerks. It's only a sandwich... move along.
Nov 28, 2007
560 posts
248 upvotes
Etobicoke
second2none wrote: You have it backwards, the annoying clients make Subway a PITA to to go. No clue what they want. No clue on what bread. No clue what toppings. It's extra everything but no to much of this or that, toasted but no too toasted, loads and loads of sauce, half a bin of olives... god forbid the employee makes a mistake, the customers become aggressive jerks. It's only a sandwich... move along.
This. I used to go to Subway once in awhile during lunch by my work but stopped because of the sheer number of idiots who seem like they have never been to a subway before. They aren't immigrants or tourists, these are perfectly fluent business people on Bay St. I was behind a lady who's order went something like this:

Lady: I would like tomatoes...spinach....ummm green peppers
Subway: Which bread would you like?
Lady: What?
Lady: Oh, on rye bread I'd like tomatoes, spinach, green peppers..
Subway: I'm sorry we don't have rye, here's our list of breads, might I recommend the 9 grain whole wheat?
Lady: Ill take this one and on it I would like tomatoes, spinach..
Subway: sorry which one? (Lady didn't point at any, she may have done a mild head nod, but it was hard to see standing behind her.)

Literally every step went like this where instead of giving an answer she was stuck in some broken record loop of "tomatoes, spinach, and green peppers." like her mind could not comprehend that steps needed to be taken before her sandwich was moved onto the next subway employee who did the toppings. So infuriating. I commend the folks who work at Subway and their patience dealing with these people.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2006
5351 posts
2459 upvotes
In downtown Toronto, the cheap 12" subs (meatball, ham, cold cut trio, veggie) are now $6.50 -- up from $6.25.
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
19536 posts
2260 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
Sharks316 wrote: Not in Canada "Warren" lol
Why did you quote his name? Weirdo.

Warren is a cool name. Warren beatty.
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
19536 posts
2260 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
tokihamai wrote: This. I used to go to Subway once in awhile during lunch by my work but stopped because of the sheer number of idiots who seem like they have never been to a subway before. They aren't immigrants or tourists, these are perfectly fluent business people on Bay St. I was behind a lady who's order went something like this:

Lady: I would like tomatoes...spinach....ummm green peppers
Lady: What?
Lady: Oh, on rye bread I'd like tomatoes, spinach, green peppers..
Subway: I'm sorry we don't have rye, here's our list of breads, might I recommend the 9 grain whole wheat?
Lady: Ill take this one and on it I would like tomatoes, spinach..
Subway: sorry which one? (Lady didn't point at any, she may have done a mild head nod, but it was hard to see standing behind her.)

Literally every step went like this where instead of giving an answer she was stuck in some broken record loop of "tomatoes, spinach, and green peppers." like her mind could not comprehend that steps needed to be taken before her sandwich was moved onto the next subway employee who did the toppings. So infuriating. I commend the folks who work at Subway and their patience dealing with these people.

Shes nutter than a laribar.
Nov 28, 2007
560 posts
248 upvotes
Etobicoke
Supercooled wrote: Shes nutter than a laribar.
lol this made me laugh and cough/choke on my tea. I wanted to type out the whole process, but it really just hit me how many steps there are to go through getting your sub.

1) Pick sub
2) Pick bread
3) cheese and toasted?
4) toppings
5) sauces
6) combo yes no?

And if someone keeps messing it up on every step, you turn what should be a 5 minute process into a 10-15 min one.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21708 posts
9002 upvotes
Toronto
$3.99 six inch sub of the day is heavily promoted here in Canada right now.
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2005
1436 posts
464 upvotes
$5 footling deal or GTFO.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2005
3116 posts
2251 upvotes
Canadia
tokihamai wrote: lol this made me laugh and cough/choke on my tea. I wanted to type out the whole process, but it really just hit me how many steps there are to go through getting your sub.

1) Pick sub
2) Pick bread
3) cheese and toasted?
4) toppings
5) sauces
6) combo yes no?

And if someone keeps messing it up on every step, you turn what should be a 5 minute process into a 10-15 min one.
My last visit went like this:

"Footlong falafel on flatbread, please."

"We don't have any more falafel today, sorry."

"Then egg salad."

"On what bread?"

"Flatbread."

"What size?"

"Footlong. Toasted with swiss cheese."

"OK. Swiss cheese."

"Yes."

"Would you like that toasted?"

And on it went. The employee wasn't properly focused on the task at hand -- getting distracted by other employees and not in the moment. I'd love a McDonald's style touchscreen or phone app so I could tap in my order in 15 seconds instead of repeating myself over and over.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)