Expired Hot Deals

[Subway] Free 6" Sub With E-mail Signup on Subway Wifi (Alberta Only, YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 17th, 2017 1:29 am
[OP]
Aug 4, 2014
20 posts
23 upvotes
Edmonton, AB

[Subway] Free 6" Sub With E-mail Signup on Subway Wifi (Alberta Only, YMMV)

I connected to the free wifi at a Subway next door while I was waiting for food at a different restaurant (yeah I know...) and signed up using my e-mail. I received a coupon for a free 6" sub at the restaurant where I registered for the wifi about 20 min after registration.

Edit: Alberta only!
Images
  • Subway1.jpg
  • Subway2.jpeg
  • Subway3.jpg
Last edited by sireatsalot on Jul 16th, 2017 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
17 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2004
1356 posts
116 upvotes
Toronto
DeltaSingh wrote:
Jul 16th, 2017 5:46 am
Thanks for the deal but I have to go to the restaurant and if they have wifi, I still have to wait 20 mins while hungry to maybe get a coupon. Doesn't seem that hot
Really???
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2010
2764 posts
402 upvotes
DeltaSingh wrote:
Thanks for the deal but I have to go to the restaurant and if they have wifi, I still have to wait 20 mins while hungry to maybe get a coupon. Doesn't seem that hot
So..just go 20 minutes before you get hungry?

Can't tell if serious.
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
3914 posts
1106 upvotes
DeltaSingh wrote:
I am sure that if people confirm that this is nationwide that you will not abuse it.

Right?

More Subs for the rest of us.

If this is real, you probably need to buy a drink - which is a stipulation of many Subway coupons.

I also like the OPs name. Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Dec 20, 2015
324 posts
129 upvotes
Nunavut
Does this mean unlimited subs with getnada.com?
😃😃😃
Jan 31, 2016
806 posts
545 upvotes
Toronto, ON
During the panini coupon days, I couldn't find a single Subway that offered wifi. Went to several of them in the GTA too.

Which ones have the wifi in GTA? Maybe we can post a list of Subways to go to to get the freebie.
Oct 4, 2016
65 posts
32 upvotes
Going to stop outside nearest subway.. connect signup , hit the gym and come back to enjoy. Wish me luck
Dec 19, 2016
68 posts
67 upvotes
dotsandpixels wrote:
Jul 16th, 2017 9:22 am
During the panini coupon days, I couldn't find a single Subway that offered wifi. Went to several of them in the GTA too.

Which ones have the wifi in GTA? Maybe we can post a list of Subways to go to to get the freebie.
Every GTA Subway I've asked for the WiFi password, they always say they don't give it out :(
Mar 15, 2011
465 posts
280 upvotes
Waterloo
This promo was posted about a year ago in the freebie forum section: subway-free-6-inch-sub-sign-up-wifi-1960335/
I've not sure if more locations have joined since but last time it was limited to: northern Ontario restaurants, Saskatchewan, & Alberta

I, myself have tried a local waterloo subway which used to have free working wifi before the promo started last year but after the promo started I could no longer connect to it :/
Jan 3, 2013
134 posts
63 upvotes
Toronto
dotsandpixels wrote:
Jul 16th, 2017 9:22 am

The one around 137 Yonge St has Wi-Fi.
Nov 24, 2007
741 posts
151 upvotes
This free 6" sub offer only works once per device, because you can only register for the free 6" sub offer through their wifi internet portal popup, and it seems that Subway's system logs the MAC address of the device you're using. So once you sign up with your smartphone, anytime you connect to the Subway wifi again at any Subway location with the same device, their web portal doesn't pop up and you're connected straight to the internet. Clearing the wifi network from your phone and reconnecting also doesn't make the Subway wifi portal pop up as well.

I figured this out because when I went to another Subway location that had this "connect to wifi for free 6" sub" promo and connected to their wifi, the Subway wifi internet portal didn't pop up. I cleared the wifi network from my history thinking I could get their internet portal to pop up. Nada. I went back to the second location a while later, but with a new phone. Once I connected to the wifi with the new phone, the wifi portal pop up and the sign up to get a free 6" sub appeared again.

Also, don't use a temporary email account, because they actually do send out free 6" sub promos about once every 2-3 months to your email. I redeemed another free 6" sub offer that was sent straight to my email this past week.
Nov 24, 2007
741 posts
151 upvotes
Here's a picture of the table top tent placard that I found in my Google Photos from Sept 2016. Can't see the fine print unfortunately.

Aug 5, 2015
6 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Anyone find a location in the GTA that has this deal?
Oct 28, 2015
296 posts
109 upvotes
sireatsalot wrote:
Jul 16th, 2017 2:55 am
Not sure if this was only local (Country Hills in Calgary) or across various locations. Good luck!
Which Country Hills location? 112th Ave NW? I'm pretty close to that area