• Dec 7th, 2018 10:43 am
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
8227 posts
6708 upvotes
Oakville
board123 wrote:
Jun 18th, 2017 6:57 pm
No, I just want to see how you're able to rationalize the stuff you're saying, because I can't. You keep giving me theories that sound plausible in your head, but none of it is backed up by any empirical evidence.

I have a big problem with how your car looks. I think your car looks ridiculous. Just my opinion though. You don't have to agree, just like how I don't agree with how your car looks.
OK, since you are the arbiter of rationality, please enlighten us with your rational.

Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
2734 posts
551 upvotes
Oshawa
board123 wrote:
No, I just want to see how you're able to rationalize the stuff you're saying, because I can't. You keep giving me theories that sound plausible in your head, but none of it is backed up by any empirical evidence.

I have a big problem with how your car looks. I think your car looks ridiculous. Just my opinion though. You don't have to agree, just like how I don't agree with how your car looks.
Well ... no knowledge of cars is definitely a first step. sounds great that you found my car ... next time i brake hard in front of you ... just remember it's karma for such dumb comments. Your insurance company will love the claim that I put in and you will love paying higher premiums. HAHA
Stress is caused by NOT fishing enough.
JDM ONLY! No North American CRAP!
Megabass, Imakatsu, Jackall, GanCraft, OSP, EverGreen, YGK, Toray, Sunline, Nories, Shimano, Daiwa RULES!
EVA Air Rocks ... Air Canada SUCKS!
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
8227 posts
6708 upvotes
Oakville
board123 wrote:
You should post some pics of your car so we can see what a great looking car should look like...
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2010
8155 posts
862 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I haven't noticed a "sudden increase" personally; there's always been people who off-centre their license plate for various reasons.
Nov 29, 2018
1 posts
board123 wrote:
Jun 12th, 2017 2:08 pm
Not sure if anyone else has noticed this trend, but based on my anecdotal evidence, there has been a recent surge in cars with off-center license plates. I see multiple offenders every day now.

This trend seriously needs to go away.
People do it, because the licence plate blocks air vents, which means less air is going into the engine and that reduces horsepower!

it's not for styling reasons
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 27, 2005
11427 posts
1026 upvotes
haapasaari wrote:
Nov 30th, 2018 2:48 pm
People do it, because the licence plate blocks air vents, which means less air is going into the engine and that reduces horsepower!

it's not for styling reasons
Are you serious? Explain to me how this license plate blocks airflow.

Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
2800 posts
1537 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
board123 wrote:
Nov 30th, 2018 11:11 pm
Are you serious? Explain to me how this license plate blocks airflow.

Maybe not that car but this one does. Also, your example is not helpful as euro plates are not as tall as North American plates. With North American plates, half the license plate will be in the intercooler.

My Cayman comes from dealer with an off center license plate. According to them, it's a factory mount.
Current Fido customer.
Ex Koodo customer.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 27, 2005
11427 posts
1026 upvotes
bomber17 wrote:
Nov 30th, 2018 11:56 pm
My Cayman comes from dealer with an off center license plate. According to them, it's a factory mount.
Are you sure they didn't upsell you on a rice kit? Cayman absolute does not come with an off center license plate as a default option.
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2012
2426 posts
967 upvotes
MARKHAM
Dunno why OP is raging on off center plate mount. does it matter to him? Highly unlikely. And some states in US does not require front plate at all so how would he know if the correct way is center or off center. Hey I could say the correct way was off center all along and center mount were wrong.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
9134 posts
925 upvotes
Toronto
board123 wrote:
Jun 12th, 2017 2:18 pm
Why does it matter if holes get drilled into the bumper if the license plate gets mounted on the holes?

Sorry, but that's like saying you don't believe in tooth fillings because it requires the dentist to drill into your tooth first.
Off center without the need for extra holes drilled I would have gladly taken instead of having new holes drilled in to my front bumper, but that’s me.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
2800 posts
1537 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
board123 wrote:
Dec 1st, 2018 12:10 pm
Are you sure they didn't upsell you on a rice kit? Cayman absolute does not come with an off center license plate as a default option.
Well I didn't pay for it so don't think the dealer is willing to give out a plate kit for free. I see most of the cars at the dealer have an off center holder. Only ones that didn't were Macan and Cayenne.
Current Fido customer.
Ex Koodo customer.
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2009
1123 posts
337 upvotes
Scarborough
LOLL ...OP is still raging from over 1 yr ago. It's too funny imagining someone getting pissed off when they see off center plates...I hope you see it more often

So it's been over one year. How are you coping with it?

When I get pulled over one day for having no plates on my M2 I might have to get a tow hook mount as well. Il post a pic for you when that happens.
Past: 02' Protege5 | 07' Mazda3 GT | 02' BMW M3 | 10' Mazdaspeed3 |03 S2000 |05' S2000 Now: 18' BMW M2
Penalty Box
Jan 15, 2006
10300 posts
5275 upvotes
Richmond Hill
bomber17 wrote:
Dec 1st, 2018 4:34 pm
Well I didn't pay for it so don't think the dealer is willing to give out a plate kit for free. I see most of the cars at the dealer have an off center holder. Only ones that didn't were Macan and Cayenne.
100% guaranteed that Porsche does NOT supply off centre brackets. Parts manager at North Toronto Porsche was asking me if I knew of any good ones as they wanted to start selling them.
Jul 14, 2013
475 posts
59 upvotes
For those running no front plate, do you still keep it in the trunk in case the police ask?
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 27, 2005
11427 posts
1026 upvotes
STCman wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2018 3:52 am
LOLL ...OP is still raging from over 1 yr ago. It's too funny imagining someone getting pissed off when they see off center plates...I hope you see it more often

So it's been over one year. How are you coping with it?

When I get pulled over one day for having no plates on my M2 I might have to get a tow hook mount as well. Il post a pic for you when that happens.
Sure, please do, so you can show everyone how ridiculous your car looks. You might think it looks cool, but no, it really doesn't.