• Feb 2nd, 2020 11:20 pm
[OP]
Banned
May 9, 2018
287 posts
113 upvotes

Suggest PC Microphone for Gaming

Hi guys,

Need suggestions for good microphones with mute/volume controls for my son to use for gaming / Twitch / Youtube / Podcast. Pictures of your setup welcome and place to purchase from i.e. Amazon, etc
11 replies
[OP]
Banned
May 9, 2018
287 posts
113 upvotes
Anybody...surely you must have microphones
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2003
1649 posts
123 upvotes
Scarborough
Most gamers are using headsets with built-in mics rather than separate microphones. If you're looking for one with an emphasis on mic quality, the Cooler Master MH751 has a surprisingly good mic compared to most gaming headsets, even ones that cost substantially more.

As far as standalone microphones go, Blue microphones are extremely popular and for good reason. The Yeti is the most popular model but the Snowball is also good if you want a cheaper option.
Ever wanted to shoot guns legally? See here: http://forums.redflagdeals.com/ever-wan ... n-1185701/
Public Mobile $10/month plan
Deal Guru
Jun 12, 2003
14762 posts
1102 upvotes
Markham
Blue microphones has quite a few options that easily work with PC

Modmic is an excellent option if you're looking at diy headphone + mic combos

Otherwise, you can go full pro with an audio interface and use any professional mic you want
ShadowVlican
Deal Guru
Jan 31, 2007
12125 posts
129 upvotes
Toronto
i believe most streamers/youtubers use yeti or so with the arm extension for flexibility.

As for volume control/mute I don't think mics have those, its through controls on your pc or hot key/macro it to do what you want.
One Man's Trash Is Another Man's Treasure

3000th post Dec 28 07 9:58pm
10,000 post Jan 17 2011 9:45pm
Sep 6, 2009
276 posts
22 upvotes
GTA - West End
If you're looking for a cheap but pretty good sound quality mic, I've used this Zalman mic. No volume or mute controls but for the price, I've had zero complaints.
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2007
1420 posts
350 upvotes
Toronto
Redmask wrote: I have a Yeti and I have an Antlion ModMic attached to some headphones, both are excellent. The Yeti is obviously better for streaming.
I'm not really familiar with different mics and their intended purposes. What features make a mic better for streaming? And I'm assuming you were going to say Antlion ModMic is better for... something else?
CPU: Core i7-5820K @ 4.2GHz GPU: RTX 2080 Super RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 48GB DDR4-2666 Case: CM StormTrooper SSD: 850 EVO 250GB x2 Raid 0 + NVMe 970 Pro 512GB Mobo: ASRock X99 Extreme4
Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Monitor: ASUS PG27UQ + Dell P2715Q
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
7959 posts
2448 upvotes
Podcasts use microphones on stands.
Easy Allies uses Blue Yeti mics positioned closely to their mouths.

Their setup:
Aug 20, 2009
7304 posts
2052 upvotes
Grimsby
LKane1 wrote: I'm not really familiar with different mics and their intended purposes. What features make a mic better for streaming? And I'm assuming you were going to say Antlion ModMic is better for... something else?
The site explains the recording modes better than I can. I use the Antlion Modmic because sometimes I want to wear headphones but don't want to use the mic on the desk or some dodgy quality gamergear headset. So its basically a headset with better quality headphones and a decent mic.