• May 19th, 2017 2:32 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 26, 2007
2479 posts
457 upvotes

Suggestion: "rare items / pre-orders" subform under "hot deals"

When a new video game console or other hard-to-find product is released, there are posts about MSRP availability: that is, items at full MSRP just being "available for order" or even PRE-order.

Those aren't deals, nor are they hot (especially PRE orders)

I suggest that there be a "rare items / pre-orders" sub forum for these types of posts, and if you're interested in the availablity of a rare item go to that forum and participate in the topic... but no one calls a pre-order or availability of a rare item at full MSRP a "hot deal".
na na na na na na na na na NA.
3 replies
Sep 27, 2003
8175 posts
1551 upvotes
Newmarket
I personally agree. I will ask @TomRFD to review.
RFD Forums Moderator
Corporate Account Manager for a Bell Mobility Reseller
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
8359 posts
12705 upvotes
Scarborough
It's all about perspective. Some people hate these but others welcome them. The reason they're posted to Hot Deals is because that forum has the most viewers by a mile. Using the Switch as an example. If we limited those to a sub-forum of Hot Deals or the PC & Video Games forum a lot of people who want to see it likely wouldn't.

One thing we're planning on adding is the option to personalize your Hot Deals forum experience. Select the categories and/or retailers that you want to see and then you'll only see those threads. We could also potentially add additional options like YMMV, rare item, pre-orders, etc. If you don't want to see any of those you could simply deselect them. I don't have an ETA on this but work will likely start on it later this year.

In the meanwhile the thread hiding feature can be used to quickly remove these threads from your view. There are usually only a handful of them a day so it should be a decent option.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
6681 posts
2053 upvotes
Markham
But I bet it'll be FILLED with presale crapgadgets from BestGear and BuyingGeek from a certain few users to be remain unnamed...
The myth on the Internet is that Canadians are nice people. Those people who say this just haven't been on RFD.