Suggestions on Best Deep Dish Pizza in the GTA

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 14th, 2019 12:43 pm
[OP]
Jan 11, 2019
5 posts
1 upvote

Suggestions on Best Deep Dish Pizza in the GTA

I had the best deep dish pizza of my life when I was a kid growing up at around 8. Served in a deep iron pan or something with a great crisp on the sides and taste that was out of this world. Unfortunately that place is no longer around and now at 25 I am longing for that kind of thing again. Anyone have any suggestions for the best deep dish pizza in the GTA?
8 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
1688 posts
460 upvotes
My friend likes to mock me when I say the best deep dish pizza I've had in the GTA is from Little Caesars. And this is not a joke! LOL
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2008
4344 posts
475 upvotes
Descendent in Leslieville, Detroit style deep dish
I am a Koodo customer
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
15759 posts
3539 upvotes
Toronto
Are you looking for Chicago type deep dish pizza?
Jul 20, 2012
554 posts
129 upvotes
Toronto
likethewine wrote:
Jan 13th, 2019 1:54 pm
Just outside the GTA in Hamilton but it's well worth the drive. http://www.chicagostylepizza.ca
They are currently under renovations, and plan to re-open around the 15th of January per their website. Better to call or check their website before going in the next couple of weeks.
Their deep dish pizza is worth the drive.
Deal Addict
May 10, 2001
1339 posts
141 upvotes
carmaster wrote:
Jan 13th, 2019 5:06 pm
http://chipiepizza.ca

Never been. But reviews are good. Others I have tried but sucked include: Mickey's Pizza and Double D's.
I can vouch for Chi*Pie and Mickey's. We tried Chicao Style in Hamilton years ago but felt it wasn't worth the drive. The cost has kept us away from Double D's.

ps: Don't confuse deep dish pizza with thick crust pizza. A lot of places advertise the former but are, in fact, the latter.
Let them know that it is I, Aziz Hamid!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
5852 posts
1385 upvotes
Markham
Sergioandsun wrote:
Jan 12th, 2019 6:30 am
I had the best deep dish pizza of my life when I was a kid growing up at around 8. Served in a deep iron pan or something with a great crisp on the sides and taste that was out of this world. Unfortunately that place is no longer around and now at 25 I am longing for that kind of thing again. Anyone have any suggestions for the best deep dish pizza in the GTA?
Chances are your memory may be a bit off...the nostalgia of eating something when they're 8 is far different when you become an adult. It'd kindof like eating KD mac and cheese...back in the day it was great, now it's OK . Try those places mentioned in here but IMO there isn't any good deep dish pizza in Toronto.

Save that desire and get yourself a ticket to Chicago and do a deep dish pizza tour with a bunch of friends.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!