Fashion & Apparel

Suggestions for stores catering to tall slim girls.

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 4th, 2017 3:31 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 16, 2013
1326 posts
240 upvotes
Toronto

Suggestions for stores catering to tall slim girls.

My wife is 5'10" and slim which, in the retail world, makes her a giant and an anomaly. Consequently, it's hard for her to find clothes that fit her. The pants are typically too large and not long enough. Tops are almost always too short as well.

Where do tall slim women shop? She needs some business casual clothes *and* sexy comfortable clothes she can wear outside of work.

Finding clothes always seems to be quite the challenge for her and she's fed up with hunting.
28 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2007
1297 posts
1121 upvotes
Jean Machine in Eaton Center sells Yoga brand jeans and the inseam is 34 inches, great for tall girls. The cut is very slim and flattering.
I am tall too and these are the only jeans I can wear.
Not sure about other clothing shops in your area, I'm from MTL but remember visting TO and loved Jean Machine!

http://jeanmachine.com/products/jeans/w ... secondyoga
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 16, 2013
1326 posts
240 upvotes
Toronto
wachidarin wrote:
Nov 26th, 2014 10:00 am
Jean Machine in Eaton Center sells Yoga brand jeans and the inseam is 34 inches, great for tall girls. The cut is very slim and flattering.
I am tall too and these are the only jeans I can wear.
Not sure about other clothing shops in your area, I'm from MTL but remember visting TO and loved Jean Machine!

http://jeanmachine.com/products/jeans/w ... secondyoga
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll mention it to her. Any ideas in regards to tops?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 23, 2007
8937 posts
323 upvotes
Mississauga
Ted Baker
RFD 36-0-0
Ebay 20-0-0
|Dance.Flirt.Music.Chill|
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2007
2085 posts
327 upvotes
i believe EVERY store caters to the tall & slim type lol

my tall friends buy clothes at Banana Republic, and many of the designer brand denim comes with longer inseam, as well as stores FOR tall women .
Deal Expert
Feb 26, 2004
26999 posts
4254 upvotes
-Victoria's Secret
-Agent Provocateur
-Prada
-Gucci
-Chanel
-Versace
-Yves Saint Laurent
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 16, 2013
1326 posts
240 upvotes
Toronto
Really have to wonder if your post was made in jest, DJ_Peanuts22.
Aug 10, 2004
394 posts
27 upvotes
Toronto
I agree with the above comment about GAP and Banana Republic. I think height-wise, Old Navy is good but their clothes are slim enough for some. I'm 5'8" and I just bought some work pants from Gap the other day. I bought the regular inseam so I imagine your wife would fit the long size. I bought size 00 in the pants so I totally understand your wife's struggles. When I go to mexx, I have to buy the smallest size they have in pants, 32, and the sales associate told me.. they only get 1 pair in that size for every style they have. So I have to buy them when I find something I like, otherwise, that's it, they run out and it's very hard to find the size in other stores. (mexx probably won't fit your wife though, because the length is just right for me and I don't think they have tall/long inseams).

I also have clothes from Joe Fresh. I just checked online and they indicated that the inseam of the pants are 32". I think the dress pants that I have from Joe Fresh were size 0. They were definitely loose in the waist for me and a little long. They were on clearance (standard black pants for work) so I bought them anyways and got them tailored.

Jeans - I like A&F. Again, I wear the regular inseam and they do have long styles but I don't see the small sizes in long too often. I think I wear a size 2 for their jeans and the regular length works for me. Aeropostale has "long" jeans too and the sizes are similar to A&F

Tops - that's a hard one. For work, if i wear a dress shirt, i like to tuck it in so it looks put together. I generally struggle throughout the day trying to tuck my shirt back in when half of it's sticking out. Try Zara - their tops fit me in length but I don't have any pants from them so I can't comment there.

With sweaters and tops, you just have to find the "longer" styles / cut, then they look normal on taller ppl.... hahaha....

Hope this helps!!
Deal Guru
Nov 15, 2004
14181 posts
1532 upvotes
Toronto
sandy_beach wrote:
Nov 26th, 2014 1:56 pm
I walk by a store every day that looks like it caters to what your looking for... It's called LONG TALL SALLY.
http://ca.longtallsally.com
There's one of these in the Atrium (across Dundas from the Eaton Centre).
Could HAVE, not could OF. What does 'could of' even mean?
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2007
2752 posts
230 upvotes
Toronto
Any suggestions on the exact opposite?
short, wide, guys.
Nov 18, 2014
9 posts
Toronto, ON
Parasuco is good for jeans with a long inseam and Topshop is good for dresses and tops for women with longer proportions
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 16, 2013
1326 posts
240 upvotes
Toronto
hdave wrote:
Nov 26th, 2014 3:53 pm
Any suggestions on the exact opposite?
short, wide, guys.
No offense, but you should start your own thread. You'll get far more replies and you won't hijack my thread.

Let's keep this on topic, please.
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 16, 2013
1326 posts
240 upvotes
Toronto
XxXSnake23XxX wrote:
Nov 26th, 2014 11:26 am
Ted Baker
Way too expensive for us. The minimum amount for pants is around 150$ and some are roughly 500$!