Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Sugru BOGO - self setting rubber for DIY repair and improvement projects

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 17th, 2012 10:46 am
Tags:
None
Banned
Aug 9, 2005
1478 posts
229 upvotes

Sugru BOGO - self setting rubber for DIY repair and improvement projects

Sorry too lazy to explain what it is and they do a better job at it anyways but check out their gallery to get inspired

http://sugru.com/

As you know, last month we updated our packaging to a whole new design (We love them and thanks for all the great feedback BTW). At the time of changeover, there were a limited number of original-style silver packs left. We've taken a few out for the museum (who we're sure will need them in the future) ... but what to do with the rest?

For the next 2000 (approx) people who order sugru, you'll get an 'original style' pack free with your order. Order now and start a friend or family member off fixing.
via email

will even apply to the 3x5g for $10 making it an even better deal than BOGO!
via slack

sugru is the exciting new air-curing rubber that can be formed by hand. It bonds to most materials and turns into a strong, flexible silicone rubber overnight
via website http://sugru.com/us/about
Is it really so hard to just be humble and nice? Turn the web around and it starts with you
23 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2004
1065 posts
64 upvotes
Quebec
thanks dude, ordered some of that weird stuff
Best deals I got thanks to RFD:
Sony 60" SXRD RPTV with Stand 1749$ :arrowl: :razz:
Jun 20, 2004
163 posts
39 upvotes
And bought. This stuff has bailed me out of a few situations. Bought the small pack for $10. Expensive on its own, but with the free 8 pack which is usually $20, this is a great deal. Total with shipping was $12.96.

Thanks OP.
Banned
Aug 9, 2005
1478 posts
229 upvotes
oh sneaky deal slack!!!
I just picked up for the same price as the 8x5g instead I went for 1x100g for the same price this time.. really dont care about the color options though the free pack will have them anyways ;)
Oh also keep it in the freezer to keep for longer
Is it really so hard to just be humble and nice? Turn the web around and it starts with you
Jul 20, 2003
230 posts
13 upvotes
is this one of those things you didn't know you needed until you read about it on RFD?
May 23, 2007
253 posts
108 upvotes
Thanks OP! :) Never heard of it, but for $12.96 shipped, I'm willing to give it a try!
Banned
Aug 9, 2005
1478 posts
229 upvotes
macdaddy wrote: is this one of those things you didn't know you needed until you read about it on RFD?
LOL well if you have not read about it before than yes ;)
rcheung13 wrote: Is this not just adult plasticine?
kinda but not just for looks as it cures "into a strong, flexible silicone rubber overnight" so it has real world applications.. seriously, check out the gallery to understand what it is capable of. Olympians e.g. fencers and archers used it to customize their "weapons" to improve usability
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
5924 posts
7346 upvotes
Would this stick to a smooth surface like a motorcycle tank to get some grip where you squeeze the tank with your legs?
Be a nice person and enjoy life

My feedback: Heatware Redflagdeals
Nov 13, 2005
338 posts
118 upvotes
Calgary
thanks OP, ordered!

I still have some sitting in the fridge from my last order. Cool product, just wish I can think of more situations to use it.

First project: I cracked my usb key case, so I just took it off and surrounded the bar circuitboard with sugru and left the plug exposed.
Second project: ghetto fix, but helped a friend repair her thong sandal by sugru'ing a new toe post
Third project: strain relief for my iphone charger
Next project: trying to convince my fiancee to let me sugru a grip for our canon s95 http://sugru.com/gallery/popup/make-a-b ... our-camera
May 23, 2007
253 posts
108 upvotes
Bought a second pack for a gift! Excited to try this stuff! :)
May 23, 2007
253 posts
108 upvotes
Once this stuff is opened, I imagine you would need to use it fairly soon. The 100g pack looks like the smart buy, but if you only need a bit, wouldn't the rest "go bad" much quicker?
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2005
2951 posts
141 upvotes
BC
Been wanting to try this stuff, grabbed the small packs to get, makes them a little over $1/each shipped :)
Nov 13, 2005
338 posts
118 upvotes
Calgary
DoeBoye wrote: Once this stuff is opened, I imagine you would need to use it fairly soon. The 100g pack looks like the smart buy, but if you only need a bit, wouldn't the rest "go bad" much quicker?
The stuff starts curing after about 30 min so you better plan out what you want to use it for, especially before opening the 100G pack. the 5 g packs are like the size of a piece of bubble gum. I wouldn't buy the 100g for value as I don't imagine it to be resealable. stick with the 5g packs.
Banned
Aug 9, 2005
1478 posts
229 upvotes
fatestkid wrote: Would this stick to a smooth surface like a motorcycle tank to get some grip where you squeeze the tank with your legs?
I think as long as you strip the surface of any wax before you apply it you should be fine but sorry just have no personal experience with regards to your application. Might want to check gallery to see what surfaces ppl have applied it on to make the best guess. I have seen bike handles being wrapped with Sugru so smooth metal surface should not be a problem though yours might be painted?
Nov 13, 2005
338 posts
118 upvotes
Calgary
in case anybody's wondering, texture right after opening is like sticky playdough. it slightly sticks to your finger. After its cured, its hard and slightly flexible.
May 23, 2007
253 posts
108 upvotes
403GL wrote: The stuff starts curing after about 30 min so you better plan out what you want to use it for, especially before opening the 100G pack. the 5 g packs are like the size of a piece of bubble gum. I wouldn't buy the 100g for value as I don't imagine it to be resealable. stick with the 5g packs.
Thanks!
Banned
Aug 9, 2005
1478 posts
229 upvotes
403GL wrote: The stuff starts curing after about 30 min so you better plan out what you want to use it for, especially before opening the 100G pack. the 5 g packs are like the size of a piece of bubble gum. I wouldn't buy the 100g for value as I don't imagine it to be resealable. stick with the 5g packs.
Yeah I don't think you can suspend the process of curing after you opened it, better stick with the smaller packs unless you have a bigger project in mind and then getting the 100g on it's own without any promo is still good value
Feb 27, 2003
105 posts
22 upvotes
so it's like mighty putty but without Billy Mays
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2002
2335 posts
574 upvotes
How well does this stuff stick to surfaces once it's cured? That S90 grip looks cool, but I wonder how strong the adhesive properties are to the plastic casing. If it accidentally gives, that could end up with a dropped camera.

EDIT: This is very interesting stuff! They have some videos showing how they glued a bunch of stuff together so it looks pretty sticky.

My avatar is Shandi Finnessey
Play Hay Day!