None
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
6071 posts
895 upvotes
Mississauga
superizzy wrote:
Jul 12th, 2017 5:01 pm
I haven't been to 'licious in a few years.

I stopped going b/c I found it was essentially a "free" dessert for the $$$ spent and a limited menu.

I am not a big dessert guy and in many cases didn't find the 3 selections offered all that appealing.

I totally get that people want to try out certain restos and especially some of the fancier ones, but to me I didnt see the point in going somewhere well regarded or fancy to be severely limited by choice/selection.

I would rather go out less frequently, pay full fare, and get the full experience.

Am I way off-side here?
I agree with you. Of the restos I've been to for Summer/Winterlicious, the only one that I thought was great value was Miku. Too bad they aren't participating this time.

I look at the lunch and dinner menu at some of the restos participating and they are identical, except for the price.
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
6071 posts
895 upvotes
Mississauga
Don't waste your time at Yuzu no Hana. The menu was only $28, but it wasn't worth it. Still hungry....
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2008
4013 posts
312 upvotes
Raggie wrote:
Jul 15th, 2017 10:29 pm
Don't waste your time at Yuzu no Hana. The menu was only $28, but it wasn't worth it. Still hungry....
Yuzu no Hana is usually very good, I think they should've did a $38 or even $48 menu & give a better reflection of their typical offerings
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2008
1732 posts
460 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Went to Chiado yesterday for lunch. Dinner is $48 but lunch is reasonable at $28 and menus looked very similar. Spouse and I were both surprised at the quantities for the main course and they have a lot of selection...as long as you are into fish. The skate fish and grilled squid were both delicious.

http://www.chiadorestaurant.com/contact/
:D
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
6071 posts
895 upvotes
Mississauga
HP_John wrote:
Jul 15th, 2017 10:43 pm
Yuzu no Hana is usually very good, I think they should've did a $38 or even $48 menu & give a better reflection of their typical offerings
Too bad, Summerlicious didn't do the restaurant any justice. I don't have any plans on revisiting the restaurant.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2006
4869 posts
900 upvotes
Toronto
Auberge du Pommier never disappoints. I had a fabulous Lunch.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2006
4869 posts
900 upvotes
Toronto
moulamou wrote:
Jul 16th, 2017 8:51 am
Went to Chiado yesterday for lunch. Dinner is $48 but lunch is reasonable at $28 and menus looked very similar. Spouse and I were both surprised at the quantities for the main course and they have a lot of selection...as long as you are into fish. The skate fish and grilled squid were both delicious.

http://www.chiadorestaurant.com/contact/
Is the service good? I Always remember the service being bad.
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2008
1732 posts
460 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Pochacco wrote:
Jul 16th, 2017 2:19 pm
Is the service good? I Always remember the service being bad.
I found the service to be great. Very attentive and always ensured requests were taken care of. I loved that I didn't have to wait long between courses.

Only negative was that there was a fly in the restaurant. We did become friends though shortly after. Was like a parrot on my shoulderSmiling Face With Open Mouth
:D
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
40868 posts
9761 upvotes
Booked Copa Sunday at 530. :)

My wife was glad I put in the additional effort of checking for availability when no reasonable time slot was showing when I checked during the weekend. We have a toddler so anytime after 8 would have been a no-no. Can't go wrong with AYCE except having to fight the crowd haha, which won't exist at 530.

We tried Mochica (Peruvian). Food we found okay but portions were small.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2008
4013 posts
312 upvotes
Pochacco wrote:
Jul 16th, 2017 2:19 pm
Auberge du Pommier never disappoints. I had a fabulous Lunch.
I think the $28 lunch is fantastic value, & I've been there for regular visits before
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2006
4869 posts
900 upvotes
Toronto
HP_John wrote:
Jul 20th, 2017 12:05 am
I think the $28 lunch is fantastic value, & I've been there for regular visits before
Yep.i have been for regular menu and also licious many times....ADP never disappoints.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2004
3986 posts
469 upvotes
Thornhill
Wildfire is ok. I was there for lunch and portions were enough to feed me. Yet, I am not sure it's worth any more than what I paid. For 2 with 15% tip it was about 60, which is too much for salad, burger and piece of cake. I can have that for half that and have them prepare it just as good if not better. Their Basa filet is literally about 5mm thick. It's the thinnest slice of filet I've seen in my life.
Apr 12, 2005
733 posts
45 upvotes
dazz wrote:
Jul 22nd, 2017 10:46 am
Wildfire is ok. I was there for lunch and portions were enough to feed me. Yet, I am not sure it's worth any more than what I paid. For 2 with 15% tip it was about 60, which is too much for salad, burger and piece of cake. I can have that for half that and have them prepare it just as good if not better. Their Basa filet is literally about 5mm thick. It's the thinnest slice of filet I've seen in my life.
Basa is not a fish you really want to be eating that much of anyway, esp if you dont know where it came from.

Lots of less than appealing stories
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2004
3986 posts
469 upvotes
Thornhill
superizzy wrote:
Jul 22nd, 2017 2:10 pm
Basa is not a fish you really want to be eating that much of anyway, esp if you dont know where it came from.

Lots of less than appealing stories
You shouldn't also drink water,eat milk,eggs, meat, grains, fat, oils,vitamins and apparently city's air causes cancer. Did I miss anything?