• Aug 18th, 2020 1:05 am
Tags:
None
Mar 26, 2009
625 posts
97 upvotes
Hamilton

Summit Park/Aldo De Santis/Multi-Area Reviews

We are looking for feedback from those who have built in Hamilton off of Rymal Road in Summit Park by Multi-Area Developments (Aldo De Santis.)

Thanks in advance.
831 replies
Dec 13, 2003
489 posts
52 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
I bought in Summit Park and will be closing this coming Tuesday (July, 3rd). So far everything has been good. Building process went smoothly and I got quick responses to any questions/concerns I had. They quickly attended to anything that I thought was wrong/missing.

From sales staff to decor to site super, they are all pretty good.

This is my second new home build so I knew a lot of what to expect.

Let me know if you have any specific questions.

Joe
Mar 26, 2009
625 posts
97 upvotes
Hamilton
mystical2003 wrote: I bought in Summit Park and will be closing this coming Tuesday (July, 3rd). So far everything has been good. Building process went smoothly and I got quick responses to any questions/concerns I had. They quickly attended to anything that I thought was wrong/missing.

From sales staff to decor to site super, they are all pretty good.

This is my second new home build so I knew a lot of what to expect.

Let me know if you have any specific questions.

Joe
Congrats on your up and coming move! This will be our second new home, the first was with Losani about 5 years ago in Binbrook.
Dec 13, 2003
489 posts
52 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Ok, Now your just following me. I built new with Losani in binbrook as well. Moved into that house, 5 years ago :)
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2009
1191 posts
112 upvotes
Stoney Creek
If your considering stoney creek, this IMHO is the best site left.

1. Landmart - building across from Newalta Landfill and ridiculously expensive for being across from dump (No thanks)

2. Empire - building across from Newalta Landfill and beside several satellite dishes (the giant ones...the satellite company actually blocked the development of this site as they worried about future lawsuits by people getting sick...they have now been absolved of any future lawsuits because they opposed this development---No thanks) Building quality seems poor in Binbrook location

3.Losani - lower stoney creek sold out
- upper stoney creek new future site between upper mount albion and pritchard on highland road (really close to hydro towers - No thanks)

4. Landmart - building border of winona and grimsby (2nd place but really close to highway so not for me - but some like that)

5. Marz - country ridge estates - too far from highway access - but nice homes

Summit Park is also near hydro corridor but some lots are far enough away. Great reputation of builder. Not sure about sales staff or site super. Located across street from conservation area.
Mar 26, 2009
625 posts
97 upvotes
Hamilton
We will be purchasing a Showcase model elevation B. We really like this floorplan, and I've read not good reviews about Landmart, the other builder we were looking at. I agree, Landmart is too pricey considering they are across the street from a landfill. Yuck! Landmart does offer a lot of upgrades, but the landfill puts me off.
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2009
1191 posts
112 upvotes
Stoney Creek
Gigit wrote: We will be purchasing a Showcase model elevation B. We really like this floorplan, and I've read not good reviews about Landmart, the other builder we were looking at. I agree, Landmart is too pricey considering they are across the street from a landfill. Yuck! Landmart does offer a lot of upgrades, but the landfill puts me off.
a comparable 40 ft home with 2400 sq ft at landmart (across from dump) starts at $430,000
same type of house at Summit starts at $405,900

I would put the quality of the Desantis homes vs Landmart anyday...with no dump across the street and $25,000 cheaper...no brainer.
Mar 26, 2009
625 posts
97 upvotes
Hamilton
Well, so far so good. The Sales rep we were working with is just excellent (Tony) and Nicole with the design centre has just been great as I've bombarded her with emails about various upgrades. Knock on wood that the build itself goes so smoothly.
Nov 4, 2012
59 posts
2 upvotes
Would love to know how everything progresses.
We are also planning to buy a new home at their new release - Bellagio Village and any feedback is appreciated.
Have no experience with new build homes and so hope all will go well.
Mar 26, 2009
625 posts
97 upvotes
Hamilton
Our upgrades in some areas cost a few hundred more than other builders, and thousands less for other things. Our slate tile was purchased at a great price. We toured a home today that is finished, same floorplan as ours, and I was very very pleased with the quality of construction. Better than our old Losani house that we sold and much much MUCH better than the Empire house we are renting now. And lots of nice fixtures, keyless entry, not a baseboard gap in sight, everything was tight and straight and level. I'm convinced now that we chose smart buying in this neighborhood and my anticipation grows worse for our move next summer. Counting down the days!
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2009
1191 posts
112 upvotes
Stoney Creek
Check with Nicole...I think you may be waiting longer then expected. My contacts show this site may be up to 3 months behind schedule. Lots of time to make it up but I would keep an eye on the time period required for them to give u notice of a change of closing date.
Dec 13, 2003
489 posts
52 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Gigit wrote: Our upgrades in some areas cost a few hundred more than other builders, and thousands less for other things. Our slate tile was purchased at a great price. We toured a home today that is finished, same floorplan as ours, and I was very very pleased with the quality of construction. Better than our old Losani house that we sold and much much MUCH better than the Empire house we are renting now. And lots of nice fixtures, keyless entry, not a baseboard gap in sight, everything was tight and straight and level. I'm convinced now that we chose smart buying in this neighborhood and my anticipation grows worse for our move next summer. Counting down the days!
Surprised you think it is so much better then Losani. I moved from a Losani Home to a Desantis home in Summit park in July. Both houses were new builds. I found the construction to be roughly on par with each other. The after sale service is where Losani was 100% better. I moved into my Losani home in July of 2007, so things might have changed from then. I looked at another Losani build when I chose to move to summit park, and found that Losani had lowered what the standards were and many things were now an upgrade.

Overall the build quality in Summit Park is good, but due to the after sales service, don't think I would build with them again.
Mar 26, 2009
625 posts
97 upvotes
Hamilton
mystical2003 wrote: Surprised you think it is so much better then Losani. I moved from a Losani Home to a Desantis home in Summit park in July. Both houses were new builds. I found the construction to be roughly on par with each other. The after sale service is where Losani was 100% better. I moved into my Losani home in July of 2007, so things might have changed from then. I looked at another Losani build when I chose to move to summit park, and found that Losani had lowered what the standards were and many things were now an upgrade.

Overall the build quality in Summit Park is good, but due to the after sales service, don't think I would build with them again.
Our after sales service with Losani was a running joke, and we were awarded a Tario settlement after a long and difficult battle. Our Losani home had a crooked wall and huge gaps between the baseboards and the floor and many many plumbing leaks.
Dec 13, 2003
489 posts
52 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Gigit wrote: Our after sales service with Losani was a running joke, and we were awarded a Tario settlement after a long and difficult battle. Our Losani home had a crooked wall and huge gaps between the baseboards and the floor and many many plumbing leaks.
Just goes to show that everyone's experience will be different. Just have to hope for the best. I have heard that Losani has got worse since I bought with them. Almost 6 years ago I moved into that house, a lot can happen in that time. I definitely agree with your empire statements. I would be afraid the empire homes would blow away in a wind storm. Hopefully all goes well with your new Desantis build.

On another note, I think they are opening the new models this weekend, and from talking to some of the workers they are supposed to be spectacular.
Mar 26, 2009
625 posts
97 upvotes
Hamilton
mystical2003 wrote: Just goes to show that everyone's experience will be different. Just have to hope for the best. I have heard that Losani has got worse since I bought with them. Almost 6 years ago I moved into that house, a lot can happen in that time. I definitely agree with your empire statements. I would be afraid the empire homes would blow away in a wind storm. Hopefully all goes well with your new Desantis build.

On another note, I think they are opening the new models this weekend, and from talking to some of the workers they are supposed to be spectacular.
Yup, every home is different. Knock on wood we won't have any serious problems, but if we do we won't be any worse off than we were in our last house, and things will get fixed eventually. The Empire house we are in just has cheap metal bars for closet hangers, and only one row instead of 2. None of the bathrooms have drawers, and the MDF kitchen cabinets have the laminate peeling off. The baseboards are in some ugly rounded style and they are small. The garage door has an inch high gap in the center between the door and the floor because the floor isn't level. Most of the windows do not close all of the way. The list goes on and on. We considered an Empire house out in Binbrook, but they jacked up their prices and it was only a few bucks more to get better quality closer to the highway. Another builder we liked was John Bruce Robinson in Binbrook, but again, location won. We have such long commutes to work that saving 10 minutes is pretty appealing.

The new Summit Park models look beautiful from the outside, I can't say I have a favorite, they are all quite nice. I'm curious as to what the inside will look like. I'm not keen on the interior decor in the Landmart homes off of Mud Road, a bit to modern for my taste, but the exteriors are beautiful.
Mar 26, 2009
625 posts
97 upvotes
Hamilton
Well, we toured the models this weekend, they are very nice. They have a lot of money poured into the first model, the Florentine. We liked that one the most.
Nov 24, 2012
22 posts
Stoney Creek
Thanks very much for posting your progress and thoughts so far. I am currently buying my first home and am heavily leaning on the new towns in Bellagio Village at Summit Park. One of my biggest concerns was the idea I would not be able to speak with Nicole (the builder) until all the paper work has been signed (the point of no return). Because the costs of key upgrades aren't listed I do not want to be left with an additional $10-20k surprise. Right now, they are offering a $5000 decor dollar package, but I'm sure that doesn't buy much right? My question is, how lenient is Nicole in terms of what you like to have done (for example a sky-window)? This being a new home are further negotiations completely out of the question? Any regrets or questions you think a new home owner needs to ask prior to signing? Any additional information would be great.

Gigit wrote: Well, so far so good. The Sales rep we were working with is just excellent (Tony) and Nicole with the design centre has just been great as I've bombarded her with emails about various upgrades. Knock on wood that the build itself goes so smoothly.
Mar 26, 2009
625 posts
97 upvotes
Hamilton
OrangeJello wrote: Thanks very much for posting your progress and thoughts so far. I am currently buying my first home and am heavily leaning on the new towns in Bellagio Village at Summit Park. One of my biggest concerns was the idea I would not be able to speak with Nicole (the builder) until all the paper work has been signed (the point of no return). Because the costs of key upgrades aren't listed I do not want to be left with an additional $10-20k surprise. Right now, they are offering a $5000 decor dollar package, but I'm sure that doesn't buy much right? My question is, how lenient is Nicole in terms of what you like to have done (for example a sky-window)? This being a new home are further negotiations completely out of the question? Any regrets or questions you think a new home owner needs to ask prior to signing? Any additional information would be great.
Your best bet is to email Nicole and find out how much your upgrades are going to cost you. And yes, further negotiations are out of question once you sign the paperwork. They seemed very flexible with creative upgrades that we wanted.
Nov 4, 2012
59 posts
2 upvotes
We are closing in December 2013 .. townhouse in the new subdivision Bellagio Village. Looking forward to meeting with Nicole..
Construction won't be starting till the middle of 2013 so not sure when our design centre appointment will be.

Do you know what they offer for the kitchen cabinets.. I love white for my kitchen cabinets and am hoping that is not an upgrade.

Also will have to decide on appliances.. as the homes do not come with appliances.
How much in advance can you book or purchase appliances.. Do store hold them till the home is complete.. how does it work?

Would appreciate feedback.. Thank you.