[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2006
4567 posts
831 upvotes
Toronto
pulsar123 wrote:
Aug 7th, 2014 4:58 pm
I am in Hamilton, so I might give it a try this weekend.
let us know how it goes and post a picture if you managed to take some pictures :)
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2007
1510 posts
560 upvotes
Pochacco wrote:
Aug 7th, 2014 5:06 pm
let us know how it goes and post a picture if you managed to take some pictures :)
It's actually only 16 minutes from my work, so I'll likely go there straight after my work today.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2007
1510 posts
560 upvotes
I wasted my time - there are no sunflower fields around Bogle Seeds farm this year. I should have just called them.
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2010
1978 posts
135 upvotes
Mississauga
how is the sunflower farm in innisfil work?

i just park the car on the side road and take picture on the side road?
or I can go into the farm but have to ask the farm ower permission?

Thanks a lot
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2006
4567 posts
831 upvotes
Toronto
pulsar123 wrote:
Aug 8th, 2014 7:25 pm
I wasted my time - there are no sunflower fields around Bogle Seeds farm this year. I should have just called them.
ohh... too bad :(
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2006
4567 posts
831 upvotes
Toronto
killer007 wrote:
Aug 9th, 2014 12:03 am
how is the sunflower farm in innisfil work?

i just park the car on the side road and take picture on the side road?
or I can go into the farm but have to ask the farm owner permission?

Thanks a lot
I already called to see whether I needed permission and it seems we do not need. I even dropped by to make a small donation to the farm.
Jan 19, 2013
174 posts
42 upvotes
pulsar123 wrote:
Aug 8th, 2014 7:25 pm
Today I went to Bogle seeds farm .. I saw a corn field out there rather than sunflower field .. sad :( but I just thought of checking with some locals so I asked some person nearby about if there is some sunflower field here .. seems like Bogle seeds farm actually owns 2 lands .. they kind of rotate their crops every year in each of this lands .. last year they grew sunflower here so this time it was corn .. however in the other farm land they have sunflower .. it is like 2 - 3 kms from there .. so on Highway 6 once you enter Safari Road continue past the Bogle Seeds farm , after sometime there is a golf course .. keep looking on the left and you can't miss the beautiful sunflower fields .. we had to take pics from outside and it was written "Trespassers not allowed" all over the farm .. finally got this image ..

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/NNR6mqS.jpg?1[/IMG]
Jan 12, 2003
444 posts
90 upvotes
I posted on Aug 7th that Hwy 6 has nothing, to try and save people the time from going...
2003/4 Logitech Cordless Navigator Duo
2007 - Pepsi - Score Every Hour - XBox 360 Arcade
2007 - KFC Chicken Bowls Contest - $5 Gift Card
2008 - Pepsi - "Win The Play" - 2 NFL Hats
2008 - WD - Crack the Code - TShirt
2009 - Wonder Bread Watch
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2003
1546 posts
64 upvotes
Toronto
How long do sunflowers last? Will it be too late to go this long weekend?
May 6, 2007
6 posts
1 upvote
^ if someone could confirm if the sunflowers are still around @ Innisfil that would be great.

For those who have the time this long weekend to travel to see sunflowers you can go to Kricklewood farms (north of Kingston, ON), they just updated and confirmed the sunflowers are in full bloom August 24. 2014.
http://www.kricklewoodfarm.com/

If possible, i would like to only drive an hour instead of 3hrs...
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2003
1546 posts
64 upvotes
Toronto
I called the edward's farm after my post and they said that sunflower bloom has passed. The lady on the line said it usually last for 1-1.5 week.
May 6, 2007
6 posts
1 upvote
[IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 5652_o.jpg[/IMG]

Update: Sunflowers at Kricklewood is still there, however they're already reached it's peak. The sunflowers are drooping because the seeds are forming/formed apparently. Even though they're drooping it's still pretty a good sight to behold, though definitely better if they weren't drooping.
Sep 2, 2014
4 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto, ON
a good thing to bring to a sunflower field is a step ladder to stand on and get a higher perspective
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2006
4567 posts
831 upvotes
Toronto
Bogle Seeds Farm

572 Safari Rd. R.R.#2
Hamilton, Ontario
(905) 689-4073
http://www.bogleseeds.ca/

***The Sunflower field will be open for viewing / picture taking starting on Monday July 20/15 from 9:00am to 6:00pm. The entry fee will be $5.00 per person (children under 10 are free)

PLEASE NOTE: We will be CLOSED on Saturday July 25/15 for a family wedding, therefore there will be no bird seed / farm feed sales and the sunflower field will not be available for viewing on that day.

http://bogleseeds.ca/news.html

ATTENTION PHOTOGRAPHERS!

Starting the week of July 20th the Sun Flowers will be blooming and will provide an exciting opportunity to capture them on your cameras. WE ARE NOW OPEN TO WELCOME YOU ENJOY THIS ANNUAL SPECTACLE! The Sunflowers are finally blooming - 1.7 million blossoms growing on 71 acres to be exact. Treat yourself to the exciting “Whole Farm Experience”. Take a leisurely stroll down our picturesque back lane and explore the interesting trails throughout the farm including the forest area. Check out our 141 year old barn including our seed cleaning and bagging facility.

PLEASE DO NOT PARK ON THE ROAD OR ON OUR FRESHLY MANICURED LAWNS. There is ample safe parking on site.

http://bogleseeds.ca/news.html
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2006
4567 posts
831 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone lives close by to Innisfill and know where the sunflowers field are located this year?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)