• Last Updated:
  • Aug 18th, 2017 7:14 pm
Dec 19, 2007
580 posts
29 upvotes
Markham
Plan to go to the one in Innisfil this Saturday afternoon. Are they still blooming?
Sep 30, 2009
472 posts
95 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I'm planning to go the one in Innisfil this weekend, does anybody know how they're looking?

Is there admissions needed? The farm on innisfil doesn't have a website or anything I can check out..
Sep 26, 2006
603 posts
54 upvotes
patrickkc wrote:
Aug 11th, 2015 12:17 am
I'm planning to go the one in Innisfil this weekend, does anybody know how they're looking?

Is there admissions needed? The farm on innisfil doesn't have a website or anything I can check out..
Rosemary Edwards or Barbara

1574 9th Line
Innisfil, ON
705 436-2749
edwardsfarmstore@bellnet.ca
Sep 30, 2009
472 posts
95 upvotes
Richmond Hill
BaboSo wrote:
Aug 11th, 2015 8:45 am
Rosemary Edwards or Barbara

1574 9th Line
Innisfil, ON
705 436-2749
Thanks, just sent them an email regarding admissions and just more general information.
Dec 19, 2007
580 posts
29 upvotes
Markham
patrickkc wrote:
Aug 12th, 2015 2:33 am
Thanks, just sent them an email regarding admissions and just more general information.
I went last Saturday afternoon, it was beautiful! no admissions fee, just a field on the side of the road. Please bring mosquito spray with you, and wear long sleeve shirt.
Sep 30, 2009
472 posts
95 upvotes
Richmond Hill
purplesnow22 wrote:
Aug 12th, 2015 9:59 am
I went last Saturday afternoon, it was beautiful! no admissions fee, just a field on the side of the road. Please bring mosquito spray with you, and wear long sleeve shirt.
Thanks, I will go tomorrow.

I got a reply back from them saying the blooms are beginning to fade but didn't mention about admissions or parking. Guess I'll just find a spot on the side of the road. I can just walk into the field?

Are there a lot of bees?
May 21, 2015
3 posts
Mississauga, ON
Any sunflower still blooming today, I want to shot during weekends. Suggestions please.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2006
4798 posts
880 upvotes
Toronto
Bump... I think bloom will happen soon..in the weeks to come
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2006
4798 posts
880 upvotes
Toronto
Bogle farm is not available to the public for photography this year.

PLEASE NOTE: PHOTOGRAPHIC OPPORTUNITIES FOR SUMMER 2016 ARE CANCELLED!:
Posted 2016-July-2: NOTICE FOR PREVIOUSLY PLANNED PHOTOGRAPHIC OPPORTUNITIES:

Because of the EXTREME DROUGHT, we have been FORCED TO CLOSE our farm to all photographers this year. Please respect this decision. The Sun Flowers are only 35 mm. tall when they should be 2 m. by now. The flower buds are tiny and may never bloom since the plants are now dying from lack of rain. We have lost our entire crop! Even our parking lot/hay field is much too dry on which to allow any vehicles to park for fear of wild fires. We are TRULY SORRY for this unforeseen development which is beyond our control but hope to welcome visitors another year. Please tell your friends of this notice.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2008
1492 posts
116 upvotes
Toronto
Pochacco wrote:
Jul 12th, 2016 3:37 pm
Bogle farm is not available to the public for photography this year...
are there any other sun flower field nearby GTA?

thanks
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2006
4798 posts
880 upvotes
Toronto
oajlu wrote:
Jul 15th, 2016 9:50 pm
are there any other sun flower field nearby GTA?

thanks
don't know any... sorry
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2006
4798 posts
880 upvotes
Toronto
Edwards Farm Store (1574 9th Line Innisfil, ON)
1574 9th Line
Innisfil, Ontario
705-436-2749

*Contact farm for Sunflowers field location. The farm plants it on a different location every year.

Each summer we host our annual Sunflower Festival and this year it will be held August 7th. We invite everyone to come out and enjoy the peak of the bloom of 15 acres of sunflowers. In addition to enjoying the fields, we have a farmers market, visits to our barnyard, a music stage, a tasting alley, a silent auction table and a fundraising BBQ all to raise money for Mel’s Farm All Animal Rescue our local animal rescue.

www.kricklewoodfarm.com
Sep 1, 2015
104 posts
22 upvotes
Ajax, ON
Pochacco wrote:
Jul 16th, 2016 7:56 am
Edwards Farm Store (1574 9th Line Innisfil, ON)
1574 9th Line
Innisfil, Ontario
705-436-2749

*Contact farm for Sunflowers field location. The farm plants it on a different location every year.

Each summer we host our annual Sunflower Festival and this year it will be held August 7th. We invite everyone to come out and enjoy the peak of the bloom of 15 acres of sunflowers. In addition to enjoying the fields, we have a farmers market, visits to our barnyard, a music stage, a tasting alley, a silent auction table and a fundraising BBQ all to raise money for Mel’s Farm All Animal Rescue our local animal rescue.

www.kricklewoodfarm.com
Is this still open for public? Is there any fields still open for public?
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2011
2107 posts
792 upvotes
GTA
Pochacco wrote:
Jul 12th, 2016 3:37 pm
Bogle farm is not available to the public for photography this year.

PLEASE NOTE: PHOTOGRAPHIC OPPORTUNITIES FOR SUMMER 2016 ARE CANCELLED!:
Posted 2016-July-2: NOTICE FOR PREVIOUSLY PLANNED PHOTOGRAPHIC OPPORTUNITIES:

Because of the EXTREME DROUGHT, we have been FORCED TO CLOSE our farm to all photographers this year. Please respect this decision. The Sun Flowers are only 35 mm. tall when they should be 2 m. by now. The flower buds are tiny and may never bloom since the plants are now dying from lack of rain. We have lost our entire crop! Even our parking lot/hay field is much too dry on which to allow any vehicles to park for fear of wild fires. We are TRULY SORRY for this unforeseen development which is beyond our control but hope to welcome visitors another year. Please tell your friends of this notice.
We visited them last year. They were very hospitable and their farm was amazing to see. It's very sad to hear that they lost their crop this year. I would encourage everyone to send them a message of encouragement on Facebook (Bogle Seeds).
Have a Question? Don't be afraid to ask.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2011
2107 posts
792 upvotes
GTA
For anyone who is interested, there is a field of sunflowers on the north side of Myrtle Road West in Whitby. Myrtle Road runs east and west from Highway 12 (Baldwin Street) in Whitby. The field is a km or two west of Hwy 12 - you can't miss it.
Have a Question? Don't be afraid to ask.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)