Off Topic Archive

Locked: Sunshine Boy Axed in Toronto Sun?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 20th, 2006 3:43 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Banned
Apr 25, 2005
3425 posts
2 upvotes
Center of the univer…

Sunshine Boy Axed in Toronto Sun?

Sunshine Girl Axed in Toronto Sun?
Sep, 20 2006 - 7:10 AM

TORONTO/AM 640 TORONTO - Toronto may be losing one of it's great icons.

There are reports the Toronto Sun newspaper is cutting the Sunshine Girl, one it's most popular features.

There's no confirmation from the newspaper but she's not there today and they're in the midst of a major shakeup at the paper with the expected resignation of Editor-in-Chief Jim Jennings.

http://www.640toronto.com/news/metro.cf ... =metro.cfm

:(

Oh the sunshine girl is gone too.
Share:
33 replies
Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2003
23140 posts
177 upvotes
Yaowsers wrote:Sunshine Girl Axed in Toronto Sun?

There are reports the Toronto Sun newspaper is cutting the Sunshine Girl, one it's most popular features.

There's no confirmation from the newspaper but she's not there today and they're in the midst of a major shakeup at the paper with the expected resignation of Editor-in-Chief Jim Jennings.

Why do you care about 'Sunshine Boy' (as in the title "Sunshine Boy Axed in Toronto Sun?")?

Do you want boy to stay or girl to stay or both to stay?
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2003
8556 posts
584 upvotes
GTA
I heard on the radio that the sunshine girl wasn't there because of a technical glitch.. will be back tomorrow

I don't read the paper so I don't care.. but, just to let you know...
Deal Fanatic
Feb 24, 2004
8311 posts
1 upvote
toronto
do people really buy/read sun?
Banned
Sep 18, 2006
31 posts
Mississauga
Is it me or has the Sun and Toronto Star lost alot of sales revenue eversince newspapers like the Metro and 24Hrs have been freely distributed?

Because of the lost in revenue, the Sun and the Star have taken desperate attempts to gain back their subscribers by occasionally giving away free copies of their weekend editions.

And I would also like to rant about telemarketing calls I get from the Sun and the Star.....I HATE THEM SOOO MUCH! Argghh...Whoever is a telemarketer for them, please tell them to kiss my buttt :)
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2005
1913 posts
39 upvotes
you do know that metro/24 is owned by sun/star right the advertising is covered for the magazine in the magazine. the newspapers are more affected because people use the internet more then reading the good old paper.
May 10, 2006
352 posts
4 upvotes
asim99 wrote:do people really buy/read sun?
Yes and the Star, Globe and sometimes the Post. It's called being a balanced, reasonable and informed person. Clearly something that a large portion of society is not. :mad:
Deal Fanatic
Aug 18, 2003
6287 posts
9 upvotes
Waterloo
Maybe they are going to try and clean up their image?

I mean does anyone really take the Sun seriously?

It's pretty much a dirty tabloid newspaper with a good sports section.
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2001
14701 posts
270 upvotes
North York
asim99 wrote:do people really buy/read sun?
buy, no, but i'm sure plenty of bored people pick up the free sun outside of Union station on their way home from work
Yes and the Star, Globe and sometimes the Post. It's called being a balanced, reasonable and informed person. Clearly something that a large portion of society is not.
Thanks for the laugh! :D

I assume you also read the National Enquirer and Weekly World News in your quest to become a balanced, reasonable, and informed person? ;)
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2004
7842 posts
222 upvotes
Hamilton
Yaowsers wrote:Sunshine Girl Axed in Toronto Sun?

nooooo!!! I love that page!!!

so many hotties in their 20's on the back page.. lol.
"When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."
May 10, 2006
352 posts
4 upvotes
konfusion666 wrote:I assume you also read the National Enquirer and Weekly World News in your quest to become a balanced, reasonable, and informed person? ;)
Those aren't newspapers.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2004
2288 posts
correct me if i'm wrong, but aren't sunshine girls usually pretty unfortunate looking anyway?
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2001
14701 posts
270 upvotes
North York
lister wrote:Those aren't newspapers.
Neither is the Sun, really. It fills the void between supermarket tabloid and proper "newspaper".
Jan 4, 2005
881 posts
1 upvote
it's such a shame... even though many of the sunshine girls are unattractive, when I think Sun, I think Sunshine girl + sports. I don't think of it as a newspaper.... but I like the format of the paper...
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2003
3307 posts
19 upvotes
Mississauga
I like reading the editorials in the Sun and taking a glance at the Sunshine girl hahha.

The editorials are kinda funny. Plus they got Sheilla Cops writin', I mean come on :lol: .
There's still some entertainment value left.
SMSEM v2.6 - Master System/Game Gear/Sega Genesis emulator
2600K-4Ghz|Asus P8P67 PRO|16GB DDR3-1600|HD7950 3GB|Mushkin Enh Eco 2 240GB|1TB|2TB|Creative SB XFi|BD-RW|2x 24" LCD
× < >