None
[OP]
May 2, 2006
818 posts
105 upvotes

SUNWING 5000 seats at $50

Travel Dates: May 30 - June 25, September 4 - October 31
One way based on roundtrip
Toronto-Montreal-Charlottetown-Halifax-Sydney-St.John's-Stephenville-Deer Lake-Vancouver-Gander-Edmonton-Calgary-Orlando

http://www.flysunwing.com/default.asp

I only seem to be able to get the outgoing at $50 but it just might be the dates I'm looking at.
17 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2004
1367 posts
3 upvotes
well, i see the image advertising the $50 flights, but i can't select flights using their 'book a flight' area, nor is there any link attached to the image. darn, coulda used a cheap flight right now too... i've tried different browsers and different computers too.

Feb 12, 2005
352 posts
46 upvotes
I'm able to select flights using the book a flight area but it seems like $50 is only one way on a return trip.

I've tried doing one way and it gave me a different price. It seems, at least from what I've seen, that the return portion is higher than $50.

It is still a good price. YYZ to YVR return for $333 after tax if you don't choose the protection plan. or YYZ to YYC return for $317 after tax.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2006
3354 posts
243 upvotes
Not a hot deal?

you will only get $50 for one of the trips IF you book a round trip. If you try booking 2 one-way trips with the exact same dates you'll get two normal fares. So they're just giving you $50 for half of the flight if you pay full price for the other half of the flight.
Jul 21, 2006
350 posts
43 upvotes
Montreal
i was looking montreal<->vancouver, but didn't find anything for $50.

however, chose montreal<->toronto in the fall and found both ways for $50 each. was just looking though, and i can't seem to get the combination again.
Oct 24, 2002
88 posts
I still think this is a hot deal. Even though it's $50 dollars for one way and your return is full price. Let's say the return ticket is $169 -$230. Your round trip total should still be below $400 dollars.
Xbox Live Gamertag: JVSTARR

If you ain't rubbin', you ain't vdubbin.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2004
1039 posts
found some flights in sept round trip from Toronto to Vancouver. cheapest was $50 to Vancouver and $169 return to Toronto.
May 10, 2006
172 posts
6 upvotes
I don't get a list of cities on their website in the boxes here they should be. Just "Select", and nothing else in the dropdown menu. Tried IE7, Opera and Firefox with no luck.

Anyone else having this problem, and know of a workaround?
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2004
1367 posts
3 upvotes
selimevets wrote:
Apr 17th, 2007 8:53 pm
I don't get a list of cities on their website in the boxes here they should be. Just "Select", and nothing else in the dropdown menu. Tried IE7, Opera and Firefox with no luck.

that's the same problem i was having but i give up. it seems this only applies to round trips and I only need a one way ticket. oh well.
Feb 17, 2004
966 posts
19 upvotes
selimevets wrote:
Apr 17th, 2007 8:53 pm

Same problem. I tried both IE and Firefox too. What a poorly designed site.

I wonder how many customers they miss a day by having a defective site.
I could use a fleet to Edmonton this weekend too.

BTW, have anyone heard of Sunwing before?
A look on wikipedia shows they've been around since 2005.

Interesting is it shows this too on wiki:
Sunwing Airlines flights include features such as:

* A complimentary welcome glass of champagne
* Complimentary hot in-flight meals including wine
* Complimentary non-alcoholic beverages and snacks
* In-flight audio and visual entertainment featuring first-run movies and no charge for headphones
* Hot towel service
* Leather seating throughout the aircraft

EDIT:
I found a fix. If you just go to http://www.sunwing.ca/, without clicking on the OP's link, then you can select your locations.
Too bad theres no flights from Vancouver to Edmonton.
"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2001
3785 posts
267 upvotes
Kitchener
polaris wrote:
Apr 24th, 2007 9:17 pm
Same problem. I tried both IE and Firefox too. What a poorly designed site.

I wonder how many customers they miss a day by having a defective site.
I could use a fleet to Edmonton this weekend too.

BTW, have anyone heard of Sunwing before?
A look on wikipedia shows they've been around since 2005.

Interesting is it shows this too on wiki:
Sunwing Airlines flights include features such as:

* A complimentary welcome glass of champagne
* Complimentary hot in-flight meals including wine
* Complimentary non-alcoholic beverages and snacks
* In-flight audio and visual entertainment featuring first-run movies and no charge for headphones
* Hot towel service
* Leather seating throughout the aircraft

EDIT:
I.
They used to charter a lot to Cuba. Bottom of the bottom in regard to passanger confort and services but they where taking you from point A to point B for a little less that the competition.

It is not worth getting irritated, it is not worth it.... Wish everyone happiness, and you yourself will be happy.
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2005
2276 posts
45 upvotes
Looks like the $50 seat sale promo is over. Now they have buy 1 seat get the 2nd for 50% off. So you would need a travel partner.

Regardless, I still get a price of $338 including tax for a roundtrip to Toronto from Calgary. That is about $60 less than Air Canada or WestJet.

Are there any more discount airlines like this? I'm trying to make a budget trip to Kingston from Calgary.
Jul 15, 2005
855 posts
9 upvotes
I figured out the website problems.. flysunwing.com doesn't work but sunwing.ca does.
Aug 11, 2005
454 posts
55 upvotes
look30 wrote:
May 23rd, 2007 2:25 pm
They used to charter a lot to Cuba. Bottom of the bottom in regard to passanger confort and services but they where taking you from point A to point B for a little less that the competition.
I don't think you ever used them. I went with Sunwing in January to Varadero and never had a better flight! Free meals, free headphones, free wine, free champagne...brand new plane, excellent service. Could not be better!

I will definitely go again with Sunwing.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 30, 2006
7043 posts
300 upvotes
Vancouver
Hmmm i have been looking for Van-Tor return for the past week and these deals aren't that good. Not bad though. Just sh*&^y times for travel. I tried for Sept24-Oct1
Total charge is $482 compared to Westjet $517 for those same dates but a few extra times that are middle of the day.
× < >