Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Sunwing.ca

Sunwing: Toronto return to Europe starting at $500 all in

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 5th, 2012 5:33 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2010
3521 posts
1223 upvotes
Halifax

[Sunwing.ca] Sunwing: Toronto return to Europe starting at $500 all in

More offers from Sunwing.ca
If you aren't interested in the multi-destinations offers being presented by Air Transat, Sunwing has just posted a sale for return tickets to Europe. It's for selected dates and seats are limited.

Round trips to Lisbon and Porto are going for $500 in June. Other cities are going for more. The sale ends March 30, although it wouldn't surprise me if many of the cheap seats are gone before that.

http://sunwing.ca/promo/EuropeTaxBuster.asp
9 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2010
3521 posts
1223 upvotes
Halifax
In case it isn't clear (because it wasn't to me), the sale is on flights all through the summer. Not just the dates posted in the ad. You can see this is you read the fine print of the ad.

So they reduced the fuel surcharge by $150 for all return flights to Europe. They just happen to be showing their cheapest flights in the ad. If you choose other dates the prices will be higher.
Dec 8, 2006
627 posts
334 upvotes
Scarborough
Thanks so much for putting this together for us. I have to travel to Hungary but dont mind stopping off to visit friends in Portugal or the Uk so maybe I can find something other than the $1200 I've been seeing so far!
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2010
3521 posts
1223 upvotes
Halifax
Irridion wrote: Thanks so much for putting this together for us. I have to travel to Hungary but dont mind stopping off to visit friends in Portugal or the Uk so maybe I can find something other than the $1200 I've been seeing so far!
If you aren't familiar with discount airlines that fly within Europe, this post from the other thread may helping in finding a cheap flight from Portugal or the UK to Hungary.

air-transat-toronto-europe-multicity-su ... st14394466
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2010
3521 posts
1223 upvotes
Halifax
Sunwing has reduced the price of their return flights to Porto, Portugal in June.

Leave Toronto: June 11 or 18
Leave Porto: June 19 or 26

$440 all tax and fees included.
Jan 16, 2005
567 posts
50 upvotes
Hi!
I am wondering if anyone has experiences going to Portugal without a tour recently?
Is it safe and easy to get around by train or to drive?
I have read some travel forums there are some thefts and crime issues.
Should I hire a local guide?
Thanks!!
*New Blog* One-Touch Kitchen ... http://www.onetouchkitchen.co.nr/
Married with Mortgage ... http://www.marriedwithmortgage.co.nr/
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2010
3521 posts
1223 upvotes
Halifax
MADster123 wrote: Hi!
I am wondering if anyone has experiences going to Portugal without a tour recently?
Thanks!!
There are pickpockets and petty thieves that target tourists all over Europe. There tends to be more in southern Europe as their economy is worse. But violence against tourists is uncommon.

With common sense you can minimize your chance of having something stolen. Don't flash valuables or large amounts of cash. If you're out at night and it isn't that crowded, consider taking a cab. If you are in a large crowd and carrying a backpack or purse, carry them in front of you. Use a money belt if you feel comfortable using it.

With that begin said, western Europe (including Portugal) receives a huge number of international tourists. Most of them have a quite pleasant holiday with few or no problems.

You should be able to see Portugal without a tour guide if that's what you want. But if you would feel more comfortable with a guide, there's nothing wrong with that either. It's a personal choice that will depend on your comfort level.
Jun 16, 2005
79 posts
24 upvotes
MADster123 wrote: Hi!
Thanks!!

I was there in October.
Flew into Lisbon - rented a car.
Drove to Sintra - beautiful place

then instead of staying in Portugal we drove to Seville and then saw the south of Spain for a few weeks
then back to London.
Very safe though most of our time was spent South of Spain...