Boxing Day 2012 Deals Archive

Super fast BB/FS shipping, got trolled by Canada post...

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 2nd, 2013 2:11 pm
Tags:
None
Sep 25, 2012
997 posts
228 upvotes
Toronto

Super fast BB/FS shipping, got trolled by Canada post...

It seems with the storm and the massive amounts of deliveries Canada post is now "Holding" deliveries...

yes check your status, they are back logged and items that are at the depot are being held.. sucks because I could just go there and pick it up myself..

I do not know why they do not allow this because Canada Post NEVER delivers my items.. all they do is give the mail carrier the stupid card that tells me to pick it up at the local post office..

WTF man WTF??!!!!!!

the freaking depot is down the street from the post office... Like if it was not for the large buildings you could actually SEE the post office...

So this is how it goes..

-Expedited for delivery
-in 24 hours it is at the depot
-Now it will be held for a week
-in a week they will give the carrier the little notice card instead of trying to deliver it at all.
-I get the card that tells me that it will be available not today mind you, but tomorrow after 3 or 5pm
-I go to the post office that is down the street from the depot

what a POS.
19 replies
Oct 14, 2010
495 posts
55 upvotes
We seriously need a /rant thread...
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2006
1518 posts
57 upvotes
Toronto
Cheetahmen2 wrote:
Dec 27th, 2012 4:17 pm
It seems with the storm and the massive amounts of deliveries Canada post is now "Holding" deliveries...

yes check your status, they are back logged and items that are at the depot are being held.. sucks because I could just go there and pick it up myself..

I do not know why they do not allow this because Canada Post NEVER delivers my items.. all they do is give the mail carrier the stupid card that tells me to pick it up at the local post office..

WTF man WTF??!!!!!!

the freaking depot is down the street from the post office... Like if it was not for the large buildings you could actually SEE the post office...

So this is how it goes..

-Expedited for delivery
-in 24 hours it is at the depot
-Now it will be held for a week
-in a week they will give the carrier the little notice card instead of trying to deliver it at all.
-I get the card that tells me that it will be available not today mind you, but tomorrow after 3 or 5pm
-I go to the post office that is down the street from the depot

what a POS.
LOL

Seeing as you're in Toronto, FS/BB usually ships from Brampton/Mississauga.... I can only ask... WHAT STORM?

Morning commute was slow, but due to less drivers, took same time to travel across the city...

6 more minutes before I'm off work, streets look perfect to drive on :P

It does suck we can't choose which Post office for them to leave our stuff at, or to even pick up at their depot though T.T

I hate driving to 4 different post offices each time just to pick up packages... It really sucks when I have to travel West from my home 10 minutes, then go past my house again and drive another 10 minutes East from my house to the other post office, yet all the walkable ones rarely get packages T.T
Nov 5, 2008
266 posts
37 upvotes
Toronto
Well, got 2 out 3 items I ordered on Dec 24 from BB today. Not so bad.

PS. I live in North York.
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2004
2876 posts
37 upvotes
Not so bad at all, CP is doing everything they can
They gain nothing by delaying your package
I ordered on the 24th from BB, delivered today in Victoria, BC
既生瑜, 何生亮

Ebay Feedback
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2004
4307 posts
515 upvotes
this is what happens when you order online .. if you wanted it right away should of lined up in the cold.
Friends don't let friends sign up with BHELL!
Bell free since 2010.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2010
1326 posts
117 upvotes
Markham
I got a tracking for BB for CP but its not in there system yet. What does it say. Canada Post wasn't open yesterday. I bet they don't even have the packages yet. Things can change. CP system is screwy. I am still expecting my package tomorrow, hopefully.

Everyone this is getting them today, thats with Purolator or some non CP right?
Deal Guru
Dec 10, 2004
10995 posts
868 upvotes
Kanata
At least people are getting things. Ordered from FS on 24th at 9pm, and it's still in progress and showing in-stock. I can still order the items (not as available for order but actually in-stock).
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2004
2876 posts
37 upvotes
DdBigs wrote:
Dec 27th, 2012 4:44 pm
I got a tracking for BB for CP but its not in there system yet. What does it say. Canada Post wasn't open yesterday. I bet they don't even have the packages yet. Things can change. CP system is screwy. I am still expecting my package tomorrow, hopefully.

Everyone this is getting them today, thats with Purolator or some non CP right?
Nope, it was CP for sure. He had a CP logo on truck and his shirt. Also, he's the guy I usually see for CP deliverys
既生瑜, 何生亮

Ebay Feedback
Jan 15, 2010
168 posts
5 upvotes
I actually received my package earlier this afternoon from Canada Post.
It was faster than I thought, surprisingly.
Apr 1, 2010
265 posts
10 upvotes
I ordered some stuff at 9 pm on the 24th, received it this morning at 9 am. And im in Hamilton ( item came from Ajax) was surprised to get it so quickly
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2010
2480 posts
605 upvotes
Toronto
goofball wrote:
Dec 27th, 2012 4:44 pm
At least people are getting things. Ordered from FS on 24th at 9pm, and it's still in progress and showing in-stock. I can still order the items (not as available for order but actually in-stock).
Same here. Order went through before 8:30 on the 24th and it's still in progress. Funny thing is that others have received the same product that I ordered today and more have received shipping notices most likely for tomorrow. Some even ordered after me but FS seems to randomly decide who gets their product first. Made another order on the 25th for a couple Blu-Ray's and it's still in progress. I bet those two Blu-Ray's are coming from Ontario and are in a warehouse that is not far from where I live but FS is having difficulty filling an order that is so simple.
Apr 4, 2009
484 posts
32 upvotes
LazyCanuck wrote:
Dec 27th, 2012 8:55 pm
Speaking of getting trolled by Canada Post...
Got the same thing with all my Canada Post packages. I received the ones shipped from Purolator/UPS but, all my packages from Canada Post will arrive on the 31st lol
Jan 20, 2007
919 posts
275 upvotes
Oakville
I work from home 3 days a week..
Twice earlier this year (none during these holiday times), the tracking number said 'DELIVERED'.. yet no one rang the doorbell (my den is right beside the front door, and I can see anyone who stops in front of my house)..

The status were changed later to "Attempted delivery, no answer. Left notification on door."
(There was no notification on the door)

I ended up using the tracking number, calling CP, waiting for the typical 20 mins, and they said, oh, just take the tracking number to your local Post office..
After asking them to speciify more clearly, they gave me an address, and I picked up my packages.

THREE DAYS later, the notification shows up in my mailbox (neighbourhood super-box).. really.. thanks...

Two other times this year, the doorbell rang, I went down the stairs (all 10 seconds), and by the time I opened the door, the truck was driving away, and there's a notice stuck on my door to come pick it up at the postoffice within two days (with sticky material that won't come off the glass).

Canada Post sucks.
× < >