Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2003
1975 posts
20 upvotes

[Walmart] :: SUPER HOT! Mini Fridge @ WalMart, Coca Cola

:: SUPER HOT! Mini Fridge @ WalMart, Coca Cola

It's a Koolatron mini fridge, 4L capacity... heat and chill. Coca Cola branded.

Looks like this, but is red and has Coca Cola emblazoned on the front.

$35

I wouldn't buy a mini thermoelectric (peltier) fridge for more than 50 bucks, so this takes the cake!

NOTE! it's NOT the can shaped fridge! it's cubed like the picture.

I'm trying to find a picture but can't yet. All that is on the front is Coca Cola in it's trademark script.

EDIT: Thanks to jory29

pricerror wrote:Deal isn't hot, I bought a 1.8 cubic foot mini fridge on sale at future shop yesterday for $50 and its 12 times bigger.

This is how it looks like:
http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/60 ... B0006N1P1Y
Oh, it's hot all right. You're not comparing apples to apples. This is a PELTIER/TEC cooler. You're comparing it to one with a compressor. The Coke one you can stash on your desk at the office even if you're a peon, and can be moved on a moment's notice, even upside down. Try that with yours. See?

Now, for a 4L TEC type cooler, you rarely see this price... esp with a warranty/return policy this long.
HIDCanada - Illuminating Your World
..:: High Intensity Discharge Lighting - Automotive & Consumer
56 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2002
1919 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
Yeah, i saw that... i wouldn't buy a peltier fridge period.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2003
1975 posts
20 upvotes
hardcoredummy wrote:Yeah, i saw that... i wouldn't buy a peltier fridge period.
Well for $35 WITH AC and DC, it's worth a thought for the office :)
Oct 10, 2005
628 posts
47 upvotes
this would fit nice under my desk at work.......great find
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2002
1571 posts
91 upvotes
Toronto
hardcoredummy wrote:Yeah, i saw that... i wouldn't buy a peltier fridge period.
What's wrong with a peltier fridge? I wanna get this for my office too. :)
13+ Years of 100% Positive Feedback

EBAY / HEATWARE / RFD
Deal Expert
Nov 11, 2004
62810 posts
359 upvotes
Qube wrote: NOTE! it's NOT the can shaped fridge! it's cubed like the picture.
damn.. i was hopin' for the can-shaped fridge...

ah well, this still seems like a good deal.

if u don't like it, u got 90 days for returns/exchanges at WM :cheesygri
MJM
- MJ = mahjong - a chinese game involving LOTS of strategy/skills and the smarts to win!
- M = maniac - just simply CRAZY about this game... i'd play it 24/7 if i had the time!

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'... here... I'll be waiting... for you... so if you come here... you'll find me... I promise..." - FF VIII - FAN of the FF series ever since the beginning.

PEPSI IPOD WINNER on xmas.... what a SWEET christmas present!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 21, 2003
6752 posts
754 upvotes
Which dept. is this fridge in? Summer [seasonal], auto, etc.? Thanks. :)

Also;is this a fridge one could always keep plugged into an electrical outlet, and if so, would it be a huge energy user, or no?

Thanks, if anyone knows... :)

Did it look like this, by the way?
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2003
1017 posts
50 upvotes
jory29 wrote:Which dept. is this fridge in? Summer [seasonal], auto, etc.? Thanks. :)

Also;is this a fridge one could always keep plugged into an electrical outlet, and if so, would it be a huge energy user, or no?

Um, what kind of fridge from the future are you using that doesn't need to be plugged in? :confused:
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2002
1919 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
Driftwood wrote:What's wrong with a peltier fridge? I wanna get this for my office too. :)
Well, the ones in the store i use to work at use to burn out all the time (and these were the demo units). And they didn't cool or warm very well. Maybe if the entire thing is peltier'd (like bottom, all the sides, and top), it could cool well, but usually it's just a small plate on the bottom.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 21, 2003
6752 posts
754 upvotes
Coolers wrote:Um, what kind of fridge from the future are you using that doesn't need to be plugged in? :confused:
Ha ha, I'm just meaning, is it a fridge you can always use,[keep plugged in all the time - I forgot to write 'all the time' in the posting of mine that you just read} or is it just something to take camping, etc... {Is it intended to be the same as a regular mini fridge, or more or a temporary camping fridge, etc.} Sorry, I wasn't very clear...
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2003
1975 posts
20 upvotes
jory29 wrote:Which dept. is this fridge in? Summer [seasonal], auto, etc.? Thanks. :)

Did it look like this, by the way?
yes! That's the one. The peltier is on the backside with a huge heatsink and fan. Not sure if it's noisy. Given it's Koolatron, I'd expect it to perform 'ok'. Of course, with the Walmart warranty, it's all good. Heh.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 21, 2003
6752 posts
754 upvotes
The photo I posted doesn't come out in large resolution; here's where I found the photo; it shows the fridge when open [no shelves], and it shows the electrical outlets, etc....Ebay Coca Cola fridge [Click on 'view larger picture' and then for the pictures on the right hand side, click again, to view in larger size.]

Dimensions 18cm x 27cm x 24cm (w x h x l)
Deal Fanatic
Feb 13, 2004
9908 posts
435 upvotes
Mississauga
I bought this from a flea market once for $60.

Great deal at $35. Doesn't really keep things really cold, but you knew that anyways.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 13, 2004
9908 posts
435 upvotes
Mississauga
mahjongmaniac wrote:damn.. i was hopin' for the can-shaped fridge...

ah well, this still seems like a good deal.

if u don't like it, u got 90 days for returns/exchanges at WM :cheesygri
I saw the canned version on sale at Dixie Mall this weekend for $44.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 21, 2003
6752 posts
754 upvotes
dmdsoftware2 wrote:I bought this from a flea market once for $60.

Great deal at $35. Doesn't really keep things really cold, but you knew that anyways.
Pre-chilling in a reg. fridge first might not be a bad idea then. Maybe a gel ice-pack would hold in there for a couple of days, too, if it is well insulated, and help to keep drinks better chilled.
× < >