Expired Hot Deals

[Superstore] Superstore 50% Off All Barbecues (Coquitlam, BC)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 29th, 2011 12:39 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2009
1444 posts
979 upvotes
Vancouver

[Superstore] Superstore 50% Off All Barbecues (Coquitlam, BC)

More offers from Superstore
Haven't seen this posted, but was at Superstore in Coquitlam last night and they have 50% off their remaining barbecues. There were a few styles left (at the back of the store near the deli). Nice solid stainless steel model for $179, regularly $358, that we would have bought if we hadn't just got a new bbq last summer. If anyone is looking for a barbecue, there are some really good deals, not sure if this offer is available at other locations or not.
Amanda A
11 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2004
8003 posts
1581 upvotes
Mississauga
I noted this in Ontario too. This prompted me to search RFD for feedback, at which point I discovered the consensus was that they are cheap bbq's that will rust, not heat evenly, and generally not last very long. I think I am going to spend the money on a decent bbq.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2009
1444 posts
979 upvotes
Vancouver
Good to hear! Now I won't regret not buying the one we saw...it sure looked nice. But the one we have has been great so far.
Amanda A
Jan 10, 2008
495 posts
25 upvotes
Just picked up one from the Metrotown store for $175 all in. I think it's a one day no tax event for Superstore.
Can't beat the price! It's made in China. Seems pretty decent enough and hoping to last 5 years.

Yes, I know you pay for what you get but we don't BBQ enough to justify a cheapy $500 Weber. I know guys that spent $1000 on Weber but they treat their BBQ as a second kitchen. Mine just rolls out 4-5 times a year.

Looks exactly like this one:
http://reviews.presidentschoice.ca/6584 ... eviews.htm
Sep 30, 2008
711 posts
129 upvotes
Edmonton
Actually just bought the same one. It might not last more than a couple of years but it's still a really great deal. I went to CTC to compare and nothing even comes close in terms of price. Much "cheaper" barbecues are a lot more money everywhere else so even if it only survives for a season or two its tough to beat.
Jan 10, 2008
495 posts
25 upvotes
Sinoed wrote:
Jul 27th, 2011 8:49 pm
Actually just bought the same one. It might not last more than a couple of years but it's still a really great deal. I went to CTC to compare and nothing even comes close in terms of price. Much "cheaper" barbecues are a lot more money everywhere else so even if it only survives for a season or two its tough to beat.

I don't know how people use BBQs or store them but my last one lasted 5 years. I forget the brand but it was under $200 bought from London Drugs and I'm sure it was made in China as well. It was still fine and I never cleaned it. Although the starter stopped working after a couple of years but it still got the job done. We only got rid of it because I spotted rat droppings in it and we moved.

For $156+tax=$175, I don't think you can go wrong!
Mar 6, 2007
950 posts
61 upvotes
Rocky03 wrote:
Jul 27th, 2011 9:06 pm
I don't know how people use BBQs or store them but my last one lasted 5 years. I forget the brand but it was under $200 bought from London Drugs and I'm sure it was made in China as well. It was still fine and I never cleaned it. Although the starter stopped working after a couple of years but it still got the job done. We only got rid of it because I spotted rat droppings in it and we moved.

For $156+tax=$175, I don't think you can go wrong!

I think, like I a lot of things, it boils down to how much it's used and how it is taken care of. Super thick stainless steel is great if you just use it and leave it out in the bad weather without covering it up. Some people like that and don't want to put the effort into taking care of it. I've seen people treat their cheapie (by comparison) bbq's the same way and the cheap ones definitely don't last very long - rust, etc. eat them right up. I have a steel painted bbq that I take care of. I don't use it as much as others here, but, I keep mine covered when not in use (e.g. after I use it, i wait for it to cool and then cover it again). After a heavy rain, I go out and make sure that it's dry. And the BBQ gets put away into the shed during the winters. But that's just the exterior. I don't know so far if the burner will last on my bbq or not, but I expect that the exterior of mine will last quite a while.
Mar 31, 2004
206 posts
22 upvotes
Milton
I have a Life@Home branded bbq that I got free using my PC points about 4 years ago. The body surprisingly has held up. I used to cover it when I first got it but the cover was cheap and once it went I never bothered to cover it again. While the outside is still in good shape, the inside is another story. 2 of the 4 burners have disintegrated and the bracket thats holds the burner covers has pretty much rusted out. Not to mention a huge grease fire destroyed the inside coating which has for the most part flaked right off. I'll definitely be investing a bit more into my next bbq and taking better care of it.
Aug 7, 2007
749 posts
88 upvotes
Metro-Vancouver
double confirm that 50% off in metrotown superstore (BC)
Nothing to sell for now :)

All junk... i mean stuff are sold ^^
May 13, 2007
880 posts
133 upvotes
WHITBY
Sinoed wrote:
Jul 27th, 2011 8:49 pm

"A season or two" for $175 + tax????. Are you crazy, what a waste of money that would be. A $1000 Weber that lasts 20 years would cost you $50 per year to operate + the odd parts you have to buy here & there. Now THAT'S value.
2008-Coca-Cola Zero Fans First Contest - 2 tickets Buffalo Sabres vs Toronto Maple Leafs
2010-Coca-Cola Zero Fans First Contest - 2 tickets Ottawa Senators vs Toronto Maple Leafs
May 13, 2007
880 posts
133 upvotes
WHITBY
Rocky03 wrote:
Jul 27th, 2011 4:55 pm
Just picked up one from the Metrotown store for $175 all in. I think it's a one day no tax event for Superstore.
Can't beat the price! It's made in China. Seems pretty decent enough and hoping to last 5 years.

Yes, I know you pay for what you get but we don't BBQ enough to justify a cheapy $500 Weber. I know guys that spent $1000 on Weber but they treat their BBQ as a second kitchen. Mine just rolls out 4-5 times a year.

Looks exactly like this one:
http://reviews.presidentschoice.ca/6584 ... eviews.htm

Hoping to last 5 years, NOT. You may get 2-3 years out of this, maybe.
2008-Coca-Cola Zero Fans First Contest - 2 tickets Buffalo Sabres vs Toronto Maple Leafs
2010-Coca-Cola Zero Fans First Contest - 2 tickets Ottawa Senators vs Toronto Maple Leafs
Sep 30, 2008
711 posts
129 upvotes
Edmonton
[QUOTE]A season or two for $175 + tax????. Are you crazy, what a waste of money that would be. A $1000 Weber that lasts 20 years would cost you $50 per year to operate + the odd parts you have to buy here & there. Now THAT'S value. [/QUOTE]

Long term savings aren't always the most important part of a purchase. Personally I have other things to spend my money on than to sink $1000 into the latest and greatest bbq. Value for me is being able to bbq every once in awhile and still be able to do other things with the money that is left over. Could I sink a grand into a bbq? Sure.. but why would I? I can get a cheap one for less than $200 that lasts me 2-3 years minimum and I still have $800 to play with right now. When this one needs to be replaced I'll re-evaluate, but for the next while I'm getting exactly what I want for the price I want and there is nothing crazy about that.