• Last Updated:
  • Apr 17th, 2010 11:16 am
Tags:
None
Jul 27, 2008
22 posts
Newfoundland

[Dominion] Superstore/Dominion - Aveis 26" HDTV

Superstore has a 26" HDTV advertised in their flyer for $399 (Reg. $449). I saw it in person, and it is better looking than the RCA HDTV they sell. Still, the specs on it are not great. Plus, the brand name is questionable. Anybody know anything about Aveis? Must be made by some other company.
4 replies
Jul 28, 2008
1 posts
comox
Been checking it out myself... cannot find anything on it on line or even in the manual for additional information as yet... Set seems to operate ok with no problems. Only have a contact number in manual of 877-329-8351.
Mar 4, 2005
683 posts
69 upvotes
Brampton
Aveis is a Deytek brand product. There parent company is Daewoo which we all know is a Korean company.

Loblaws tends to carry a lot of low cost products made by companies such as Deawoo or products distributed by Synexx such as consumer electronics brands as Uniden, Cobra, Case Logic, GE, Sandisk and Koss etc. Synexx also handles consumer audio, video electronics and home appliance products from Citizen, Magnasonic, Sylvania, Memorex, Emerson and Electrohome.
Dec 19, 2008
1 posts
Surrey BC
I just bought one of these. Yes picture quality is mediocre. But as soon as I plugged it in the screen shows a red dot in the upper right corner when there is a dark background. I understand this is common on OLD LCD screens but should not be on new. :mad: Looks like this one will have to go back right out of the box
Apr 16, 2010
1 posts
Hamilton
what happened with the broken tv? did you return it?

i just got one and theres a horrible pixelation problem. with a dark screen all the pixels are red/blue/green all over the middle of the screen

anyone know how to solve this?

also i tried that number for their customer service and it didn't work. how does this company not have a website? any links to a customer service area?
× < >