Cell Phones

Supposed Galaxy Note III With Massive Screen?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 16th, 2012 9:40 pm
Tags:
None
Jun 15, 2011
37687 posts
5428 upvotes
Richmond Hill

Supposed Galaxy Note III With Massive Screen?

Yikes! What is Samsung thinking haha?

Bad rumour du jour: 6.3-inch Galaxy Note III coming in 2013

http://mobilesyrup.com/2012/12/13/bad-r ... g-in-2013/
Yes, a massive 6.3-inch display. At that scale is really surpasses the “phablet” name and is simply a tablet. 6.3-inch display would be a challenge to put in your jeans, but could fit very well in your suit pocket. Hopefully the rumour is false and Samsung keeps the Galaxy Note around the 5.5-inch mark and just improves its features.
http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/te ... 26645.html
The One and Only and Proud to be an Indian.
If I helped in any way, click that cool little "Thanks" button.
Jan 27, 2006
15086 posts
744 upvotes
Woodbridge
They went from 5.3" to 5.5" and now they are are jumpjng all the way to 6.7"?

I hope they do stick with 5.5", I mean how much can they stretch/make this taller? I love that Samsung are making Super Phones bigger but this would be ridiculous.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Fanatic
Dec 29, 2005
6239 posts
164 upvotes
I've never actually held a Note II, but how much room is there to spare near the bezel for a larger screen? I mean, the screen size shouldn't be an issue if the form factor remains the same size right?
RFD's Resident Ol' School Rap Guru
No, you're not entitled to your own opinion, you're only entitled to what you can argue for.
Otherwise, don't start.

*VESTAX* PMC-05PROIII Battle Mixer for sale!!
Feb 5, 2007
988 posts
86 upvotes
The 6"+ screen size would work if the screen is edge to edge with no bezel. get rid of the top area with the Samsung logo and the bottom physical button and there you go. I can sit pretty comfortable with the Note 2 in my jeans pocket but I have trouble putting on my socks while sitting (the phone size really gets in the way).
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2006
1359 posts
29 upvotes
Vancouver
startoss wrote:
Dec 13th, 2012 4:56 pm
The 6"+ screen size would work if the screen is edge to edge with no bezel. get rid of the top area with the Samsung logo and the bottom physical button and there you go. I can sit pretty comfortable with the Note 2 in my jeans pocket but I have trouble putting on my socks while sitting (the phone size really gets in the way).
yeah that is my biggest fear.. you stretch to far one day and CRACK goes the screen....
Deal Fanatic
Feb 23, 2008
7139 posts
1683 upvotes
Im used to sitting with big things in my pants. I dont mind buying a larger phone since I have bigger hands/fingers -- infact I would never need to pick up my tablet again.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted - Ezio Auditore.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2007
2521 posts
85 upvotes
It's only rumor.

Just wait until the announcement.

I don't see a reason why they want to make it even bigger. They will just kill there own 7" market.
It's a deal if it's on RFD :!: :!:
[OP]
Jun 15, 2011
37687 posts
5428 upvotes
Richmond Hill
noob666 wrote:
Dec 13th, 2012 6:27 pm
It's only rumor.

Just wait until the announcement.

I don't see a reason why they want to make it even bigger. They will just kill there own 7" market.
Their own 7" tablet market consists only of the Galaxy Tab 2 7" which is a really crappy tablet to begin with. If they do, its a good thing at least this will be better than the GTab 2 7".
The One and Only and Proud to be an Indian.
If I helped in any way, click that cool little "Thanks" button.
163 posts
11 upvotes
These rumours hardly ever come true.. just look at all the ridiculous rumours iphone had..
Nov 11, 2012
876 posts
111 upvotes
Mississauga
It's not that much bigger than the current one. I also been hearing the opposite where instead of the S4 release next it will be a more affordable Note2 with a worse screen etc. Basically like they did with the S3 mini only for the Note2.
May 9, 2007
510 posts
103 upvotes
shmogt wrote:
Dec 13th, 2012 10:40 pm
It's not that much bigger than the current one. I also been hearing the opposite where instead of the S4 release next it will be a more affordable Note2 with a worse screen etc. Basically like they did with the S3 mini only for the Note2.
The S3 mini works because there was a gap in samsung's product line and some people don't want a screen bigger than 4". You can't make the screen on the Note worse because it's already got a low ppi because of it's size and you can't reduce the size of the screen because then it will just be an S3.

Samsung might be able to squeeze a few more millimiters out of the screen but not almost a full inch! The note 2 is definitely not too big but any bigger and it will definitely be a tabet. The problem is I am hearing they want to make the S4's screen 5". If they do that they will either have to make the screen of the note 2 bigger or keep the size on the S4 the same to justify buying one over the other.
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2008
3743 posts
297 upvotes
Toronto
I have the note 2 and a 6.3 inch screen can be achieved without changing the dimensions if they have a corner to corner screen.
× < >