Brains

Brawn

Beauty
340 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2004
3321 posts
180 upvotes
A Survivor thread? It's been awhile since I've seen one here on RFD.
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41820 posts
1714 upvotes
Ali proudly stood up…
Philippines again?

Couldn't have been filmed concurrently with the last season, could it?
12 months for condemning rape. 6 months for calling violent thugs "nasty". WTH? Is this IS?
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2006
9143 posts
608 upvotes
Tornado F2 wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2014 5:05 am
Philippines again?

I hear they always film 2 seasons at a time and back to back. I remember them making a big deal about Russell Hantz playing in Survivor: Samoa and stayed on the same island for the following all star season: Heroes vs Villains.

I haven't watched that last few, but I'll watch for Cliff!
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41820 posts
1714 upvotes
Ali proudly stood up…
joeyjoejoe wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2014 5:52 am
I hear they always film 2 seasons at a time and back to back. I remember them making a big deal about Russell Hantz playing in Survivor: Samoa and stayed on the same island for the following all star season: Heroes vs Villains.

I haven't watched that last few, but I'll watch for Cliff!
Who's Cliff? From the last season? Guess I must have forgotten them already.

I don't usually watch Global news, but I ended up watching it tonight and saw a preview with the "beauties". The "black beauty" (doubt he'll be around long enough to earn a real nickname) looks to be the next Colton. More of a wimpy beautician if you ask me. Meanwhile at least one of the girls looks too top-heavy to succeed. She probably won't be able to get underwater during the challenges with those floatation devices. :lol:

Edit: Ah, okay - the NBA guy. I'm really not a fan of all these multi-millionaires getting into my two "reality" competitions these days. Let more regular folks have a chance. You guys can go on a separate "celeb" show if you need something to do or your egos stroked.
12 months for condemning rape. 6 months for calling violent thugs "nasty". WTH? Is this IS?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2007
3736 posts
128 upvotes
They've been doing this in almost every season (survivor or amazing race), 1 big name retired athlete. It's for name value more than anything
Jimmy Johnson
Brad Culpepper
Ashley Massaro
Chester Pitts
Marcus Pollard

Not to mention the huge physical threat they pose, it adds dynamic. Not just a millionaire stroking their ego as you put it.

This season is the first in a very long time where no returning survivors are on, which makes everything more interesting imo
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41820 posts
1714 upvotes
Ali proudly stood up…
I don't really see how they classified this lot. Some of the "brawn" look scrawny. At least one of the "brains" looks to have a tattoo of a rat on her leg. The "beauty" girls look okay, but none of them's a Parvati. And what's that tattoo on the flabby "brawn" - Itchy & Scratchy? :facepalm:

Not at all impressed at first glance. The only thing that really stands out to me is that 4 of the 18 are African-American. Aiming for a new (or lost through racist wimp Colton) demographic perhaps?
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2006
9143 posts
608 upvotes
Tornado F2 wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2014 8:19 pm
I don't really see how they classified this lot. Some of the "brawn" look scrawny. At least one of the "brains" looks to have a tattoo of a rat on her leg. The "beauty" girls look okay, but none of them's a Parvati. And what's that tattoo on the flabby "brawn" - Itchy & Scratchy? :facepalm:

Not at all impressed at first glance. The only thing that really stands out to me is that 4 of the 18 are African-American. Aiming for a new (or lost through racist wimp Colton) demographic perhaps?
I think those pics was after some sort of "twist" where one member of the tribe got switched. The smaller black guy looks like he really should be part of the Brains, the guy in the middle of the Brains pic clearly belongs in the Brawns, and I guess maybe the Asian guy belongs in Beauty?
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41820 posts
1714 upvotes
Ali proudly stood up…
joeyjoejoe wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2014 9:06 pm
I think those pics was after some sort of "twist" where one member of the tribe got switched. The smaller black guy looks like he really should be part of the Brains, the guy in the middle of the Brains pic clearly belongs in the Brawns, and I guess maybe the Asian guy belongs in Beauty?
Possibly, but don't tell "black Colton" that. As I mentioned earlier, I saw a bit on Global news and he clearly thinks he's a beauty. I can see him being the next quitter.
Dec 15, 2013
690 posts
107 upvotes
C A N A D A
Tornado F2 wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2014 5:05 am
Philippines again?

They film the seasons back to back within a short time in the same location.

Some players like Russell Hantz and Malcolm have played back to back seasons with only a short break between.
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41820 posts
1714 upvotes
Ali proudly stood up…
GhostBusters wrote:
Jan 24th, 2014 1:37 am
They film the seasons back to back within a short time in the same location.

Some players like Russell Hantz and Malcolm have played back to back seasons with only a short break between.
In the same general location? If so that would give them an advantage, since they could take info learned during the 1st run - like what fruits are edible - and apply it the 2nd time. If they went somewhere completely different that would even things up. It's getting to the point now where one tropical location looks much like another. How about Survivor Newfoundland or Survivor Nunavut guys? :)
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
2551 posts
310 upvotes
Toronto
Tornado F2 wrote:
Jan 24th, 2014 4:40 am
In the same general location? If so that would give them an advantage, since they could take info learned during the 1st run - like what fruits are edible - and apply it the 2nd time. If they went somewhere completely different that would even things up. It's getting to the point now where one tropical location looks much like another. How about Survivor Newfoundland or Survivor Nunavut guys? :)
I just saw an episode of Survivorman when he was in Labrador, and Survivor in an arctic location would be hell for cast and crew. As cool as it would be, I would not want to be the show's lawyers if that ever happened.
PSN: M1gomigs | XBox Live: M1GO
Gamervets.com
Dorkshelf.com
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41820 posts
1714 upvotes
Ali proudly stood up…
M1GOmigs wrote:
Jan 24th, 2014 3:28 pm
I just saw an episode of Survivorman when he was in Labrador, and Survivor in an arctic location would be hell for cast and crew. As cool as it would be, I would not want to be the show's lawyers if that ever happened.
I'm not saying midwinter. Summer will do. The show just needs a change of scenery, and Canada has some wonderful remote regions that many Canadians, let alone the rest of the world, never get to see. Canadian viewers have supported Survivor and TAR all along. Time for some recognition in return. At least we now have TAR Canada, at long last.
Feb 11, 2007
814 posts
350 upvotes
Toronto
Two hour season premiere starts tonight at 8:00 PM.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2007
5028 posts
951 upvotes
That chick in the blank tank top in team Beauty is ... a beauty lol.
Singh_21 wrote:
Apr 20th, 2012 7:53 pm
Georgetown definately has racist elements living there but as a brown person it hardly affects me because I have no intentions to move there and I doubt anyone from visible minority is lining up there to buy a house. Georgetown is for people on white flight.
× < >