Entertainment

Survivor - Game Changers

• Last Updated:
  • May 26th, 2017 8:45 pm
Tags:
Mar 7, 2010
1 posts
canada
Does anyone know what Varner said when he held up his vote card in tonights ep.? They were playing JT's comments instead of the soundtrack.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
16318 posts
1080 upvotes
Woodbridge
WTF did JT did not play the idol?!??

He was one of my favorites to win.

I don't think I can watch this episode again, Debbie's actions was disturbing.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2004
3539 posts
228 upvotes
Toronto
dumdum got too comfortable...that's one thing you'd never do in Survivor.

and Debbie went cray! she was not making sense...
The way these dominos fall...it's not looking good for the physically stronger guys.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2011
1204 posts
200 upvotes
What an idiot. Should have played his idol and him and Aubrey could have voted out Sandra.
Penalty Box
Apr 8, 2013
7197 posts
239 upvotes
bembol wrote:
Mar 30th, 2017 5:09 am
WTF did JT did not play the idol?!??

He was one of my favorites to win.

I don't think I can watch this episode again, Debbie's actions was disturbing.
SANDRA.

She made all that happened. She got the three votes she needed and made him comfortable. She forced JT to keep targeting Michaela by eating all the sugar.

JT is not in this level. He is still the same JT like the last time. He is too emotional and very stubborn. He doesnt deserve to win.

There was no need for him to turn on the team that early. Malcolm could have helped the team stay out of tribal council.

He even admitted at the end that he was dissapointed at how he played the game.
Diversity Is Our Strength 😎
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
16318 posts
1080 upvotes
Woodbridge
I saw earlier. When I was at work watching it I had to skip to the tribal council.

I'll give Sandra credit but i still think JT got comfortable. He just double crossed them last week and did he really believe they got his back. So what if he wasted it would've bought him more time.

How can you be defending yourself, desperate looking for an idol in the first half and because you get an argument with someone irrelevant in this game you change your game?

I guess I'm just bitter because I hate how Sandra calls herself Queen when Russell should've won...twice!!! The King of Survivor IMO.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Penalty Box
Apr 8, 2013
7197 posts
239 upvotes
bembol wrote:
Mar 31st, 2017 12:18 am
I saw earlier. When I was at work watching it I had to skip to the tribal council.

I'll give Sandra credit but i still think JT got comfortable. He just double crossed them last week and did he really believe they got his back. So what if he wasted it would've bought him more time.

How can you be defending yourself, desperate looking for an idol in the first half and because you get an argument with someone irrelevant in this game you change your game?

I guess I'm just bitter because I hate how Sandra calls herself Queen when Russell should've won...twice!!! The King of Survivor IMO.
Russell is great but he doesnt know how to finish. His style of game is so vicious that he pissed off everyone to the point that he has a hard time getting votes from jurors. He played the game 3 times and havent one anything.

Remember, she beat russel and parvati(very strong/smart players) on her second win. She was the last woman standing in Rob's alliance.

Russell is like Ozzy. Great players but they cant figure out how to win it all.

JT just sucks at the game. Great character but he plays like he is new. He sucks so bad that he took down malcolm with him because he likes culpepper. Face With Tears Of Joy
Jul 25, 2013
201 posts
24 upvotes
Kingston
kevindurant1 wrote:
Mar 31st, 2017 2:03 am
Russell is great but he doesnt know how to finish. His style of game is so vicious that he pissed off everyone to the point that he has a hard time getting votes from jurors. He played the game 3 times and havent one anything.

Remember, she beat russel and parvati(very strong/smart players) on her second win. She was the last woman standing in Rob's alliance.

Russell is like Ozzy. Great players but they cant figure out how to win it all.

JT just sucks at the game. Great character but he plays like he is new. He sucks so bad that he took down malcolm with him because he likes culpepper. Face With Tears Of Joy
I agree with you on Russell. I loved watching and rooting for him but bitter jury did him in on his first season. Second time he played everyone just disliked him. But I wouldn't ever compare him to Ozzy. Ozzy is clueless in the outwit part of the game. He's never had good strategic gameplay.

JT not using his idol, I just couldn't believe it. He was terrible this season. Brad Culpepper though has been for the best surprise so far this season. He has played a great game so far.
Penalty Box
Apr 8, 2013
7197 posts
239 upvotes
TommyM765 wrote:
Mar 31st, 2017 11:20 am
I agree with you on Russell. I loved watching and rooting for him but bitter jury did him in on his first season. Second time he played everyone just disliked him. But I wouldn't ever compare him to Ozzy. Ozzy is clueless in the outwit part of the game. He's never had good strategic gameplay.

JT not using his idol, I just couldn't believe it. He was terrible this season. Brad Culpepper though has been for the best surprise so far this season. He has played a great game so far.
Ozzy is weak when it comes to the outwit part but he the best in the outplay part. He is probably the best out of all the survivors when it comes to challenges. He can almost do anything and if there is swimming involve, its almost an automatic win.

Russel is a great tactician but his social game is terrible. His positioning is terrible(there is always someone who looks better than him at the end). He is excellent at sabotage and kamikaze missions but thats pretty much it.

This is what makes survivor the best reality show ever. Its extremely psychological.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
4791 posts
617 upvotes
calgary
I like but he JT is not a great survivor player.

I always thought when he did win he was carried to the end by the smart strategic play of the other guy whose name escapes me (philboc?) and that that guy was was robbed in the end because JT was a more likable player (but not a better one).

Seeing him get easily played again just sort of confirms those thoughts.

I also never enjoyed or had much respect for Sandra's but she is clearly an amazing player. The only other time Ive seen a player control and manipulate people this well was Boston Rob. I would also put Russell in the category but he pissed so many people off on the way to doing it that he was never able to get any votes at the end (which I always found infuriating, the best player should win).

This season has been incredibly entertaining, I stopped watching halfway through last season because I didnt like the people on the show and I hated how they kept shoehorning the theme into the show (gen x vs. millenials). I thought maybe I was done with the show but Im enjoying this season as much as I ever have.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
2144 posts
590 upvotes
Global Village
Sandra is the mastermind puppetmaster in that tribe, it's crazy how good she is in this game, no wonder the producers are merging everyone next week to give other people a chance...
Jul 25, 2013
201 posts
24 upvotes
Kingston
kevindurant1 wrote:
Mar 31st, 2017 12:21 pm

This is what makes survivor the best reality show ever. Its extremely psychological.
One thing I won't argue with is that. Survivor is truly amazing.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
7455 posts
771 upvotes
Victoria
Yah JT played that pretty bad. You kind of know your on the block, then all of a sudden feel safe? I don't know if I would of felt confident enough to leave my idol at camp. I would of at least brought it with me and tried to pick up the vibe T.C.

I suppose that Sandra did do a pretty good job of refocusing his brain. The whole sugar thing gave him tunnel vision.

I also agree about Russell. Survivor is many things but you have to get to the end, and then have the jury vote for you. Russell shows you can kick ass and get to the F3 but you if your a complete ahole and screw lots of people over on the way your not going to win. I won't even call it a sour jury, because it happened to him twice in a row.

I think there's a line, and a limit to how far you can push people and expect their vote. He crossed it.
Penalty Box
Apr 8, 2013
7197 posts
239 upvotes
MrDisco wrote:
Apr 6th, 2017 8:49 pm
wow that tribal council was nuts.
Yeah. Everyone pretty much agreed that Sandra is too good at this game so she needed to be voted out. I have NEVER EVER seen them clap for someone that just got voted out.

She is truly the queen.

The 2nd best survivor imo is Cirie. It will be interesting to see how she maneuver.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)