• Last Updated:
  • May 26th, 2017 8:45 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2012
1648 posts
167 upvotes
Canada
If the producers really wanted to protect Zeke, they would have edited out the controversial parts. This was clearly wanted as means to create some buzz around the show. All were complicit, including Zeke. There was a great deal of acting going on.
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2004
3540 posts
228 upvotes
Toronto
bluenose2 wrote:
Apr 13th, 2017 2:00 pm
If the producers really wanted to protect Zeke, they would have edited out the controversial parts. This was clearly wanted as means to create some buzz around the show. All were complicit, including Zeke. There was a great deal of acting going on.
My feeling is that after what had happened, they asked for Zeke's consent with regards to editing.
Either or to be on the show, you sign and waiver that pretty much says they are able to air anything at their discretion.
Penalty Box
Apr 8, 2013
7298 posts
241 upvotes
This is why survivor is the greatest reality show of all time.

Ozzy's group is so solid. Seems like a good-hearted group. They have a strong 4. Looks like they also have Debbie's 2 votes.

If the producers really wanted to protect Zeke, they would have edited out the controversial parts.
Every player knows coming in that any footage they have can be aired. If Zeke is worried about being outed on TV, he shouldnt have joined.
Diversity Is Our Strength 😎
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
6954 posts
1445 upvotes
Toronto
kevindurant1 wrote:
Apr 13th, 2017 3:16 pm
This is why survivor is the greatest reality show of all time.

Ozzy's group is so solid. Seems like a good-hearted group. They have a strong 4. Looks like they also have Debbie's 2 votes.
ozzy was in danger of going home if varner didn't have that major brain fart. part of ozzy must have been thinking thanks for saving my ass.
kevindurant1 wrote:
Apr 13th, 2017 3:16 pm
Every player knows coming in that any footage they have can be aired. If Zeke is worried about being outed on TV, he shouldnt have joined.
not excusing varner's actions but part of the blame has to be placed on zeke's shoulders for deciding to tell another contestant on a reality show about such an intimate secret. the moment you say something to anyone you should know it could be used against you especially when a million $'s is at stake.
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
11074 posts
1529 upvotes
City of Vancouver
Zeke appeared on CBS's daytime talk show "The Talk" today. Said that he talked to the producers about being trans and how that would get worked into the storyline or whatever. They gave him the freedom of how zeke wanted that done, all on zeke's terms. Obviously, Varner ruined that plan big time.
De gustibus non est disputandum
Crazy people will make even sane people crazy.
Penalty Box
Apr 8, 2013
7298 posts
241 upvotes
ShoNuff2 wrote:
Apr 13th, 2017 4:21 pm
ozzy was in danger of going home if varner didn't have that major brain fart. part of ozzy must have been thinking thanks for saving my ass.

not excusing varner's actions but part of the blame has to be placed on zeke's shoulders for deciding to tell another contestant on a reality show about such an intimate secret. the moment you say something to anyone you should know it could be used against you especially when a million $'s is at stake.
I doubt Ozzy was going to go home. The editing made it seem like they were starting to gang up on him but Varner's desperation pretty much showed that it was him. Ozzy wasnt even pleading his case to anyone.

Whats hilarious about this is that zeke probbly did this on purpose. This is survivor(where a guy pretended to tell his fellow survivors that his grandma just died). Alot of lies and deception going on here. This guy could have gave Varner that info to keep himself in the game. Zeke would look good no matter what. He would even have tai on his side. When the merge comes, he can work with him.

There is really nothing like survivor. The level of psychological schemes is just untouchable.
Diversity Is Our Strength 😎
Sep 30, 2001
26497 posts
5475 upvotes
Toronto
bluenose2 wrote:
Apr 13th, 2017 2:00 pm
If the producers really wanted to protect Zeke, they would have edited out the controversial parts.
that's my opinion as well. there's probably more to this story on the back end that we weren't shown. what makes it worse is when you read Jeff was fired shortly after this
http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/jeff ... -21826.php
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
16380 posts
1091 upvotes
Woodbridge
Well Varner was fired from his job. This move was costly and frankly unnecessary, going back I do I agree Ozzy was in danger of going home. Varner didn't need to go there, I was really shocked when it came out of his mouth.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
4832 posts
648 upvotes
calgary
MrDisco wrote:
Apr 14th, 2017 8:43 pm
that's my opinion as well. there's probably more to this story on the back end that we weren't shown. what makes it worse is when you read Jeff was fired shortly after this
http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/jeff ... -21826.php
Wow,

I in no way condone what he did but he seemed legitimately sorry and realized the implications of what he did almost immediately after he did called Zeke out. They were in no way hateful or discriminatory, it was just an extremely poor and not very well thought out strategy to attempt to show everyone that Zeke couldn't be trusted in a game that rely's on earning peoples trust.

I definitely don't think he deserved to lose his job over his comments.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
7495 posts
784 upvotes
Victoria
SpicYMchaggis wrote:
Apr 17th, 2017 10:57 am
Wow,

I in no way condone what he did but he seemed legitimately sorry and realized the implications of what he did almost immediately after he did called Zeke out. They were in no way hateful or discriminatory, it was just an extremely poor and not very well thought out strategy to attempt to show everyone that Zeke couldn't be trusted in a game that rely's on earning peoples trust.

I definitely don't think he deserved to lose his job over his comments.
If you read the article he'd only been on the job for 3 weeks. It's not like he got dumped from a long term stable job. He got dumped by a company that just hired him because they didn't want the bad press. Maybe he should of disclosed it.. lol. Just you so you know, I'm going to be pretty loathed in a few weeks when a certain episode of survivor airs.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2006
3704 posts
1255 upvotes
Toronto
Yeah, I read... and I know the RFD Search Engine sometimes is glitchy, so I suggested how to find it faster, in a more reliable way.
If I don't find something with one engine, I try to use at least another tool/engine before giving up.
What random group of keywords is that?... it is the random group that gave me the result we wanted right on the first position, so I guess it wasn't that random after all.

Thanks to the mods for merging the threads :)
bubble.tea wrote:
Apr 13th, 2017 11:03 am
do you read?

I referenced the RFD Search Engine. Why would we "RFD Prosumers" be expected to go elsewhere to get our searches done?

Lastly, what kind of random group of keywords is that - that anyone would expect to string along to search for subj title?

I am thinking it's a glitch with the RFD engine that skips the entertainment forum.
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2004
3540 posts
228 upvotes
Toronto
Good God. This dumdum didn't know he was on borrowed time.
Too bad.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2005
4731 posts
537 upvotes
Arrogant Ozzie sent home. Tribe didn't care if he caught fish or not.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
7495 posts
784 upvotes
Victoria
162 wrote:
Apr 20th, 2017 12:42 am
Arrogant Ozzie sent home. Tribe didn't care if he caught fish or not.
They never do. Being a good provider maybe buys you a few votes and goodwill early in the game, but it doesn't matter when you get deeper in the game. I like Ozzy but he's not very good at survivor. His only game is winning challenges. The only success I remember him having in Survivor was one season where I think he made it to end, but it was mostly on challenges, and the old school game play of a solid alliance.

He is the guy who got voted out 3 times on single season.. lol.

I feel bad because he seems like a nice guy, but he's never had a lot of game :(