• May 26th, 2017 8:45 pm
Tags:
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2006
9729 posts
837 upvotes
zod wrote:
Apr 20th, 2017 1:22 am
They never do. Being a good provider maybe buys you a few votes and goodwill early in the game, but it doesn't matter when you get deeper in the game. I like Ozzy but he's not very good at survivor. His only game is winning challenges. The only success I remember him having in Survivor was one season where I think he made it to end, but it was mostly on challenges, and the old school game play of a solid alliance.

He is the guy who got voted out 3 times on single season.. lol.

I feel bad because he seems like a nice guy, but he's never had a lot of game :(
I don't think Ozzy is that bad. His social skills were terrible in his first appearance, but much better since. I'd say he's about average with his social game. His problem is he's always a high priority target because he's elite level when it comes to competitions, but needs an elite level social game to not get voted out. He's had 4 appearances, but more days than anyone who played the game, even beating out Boston Rob who has 4 appearances as well.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
7275 posts
704 upvotes
Victoria
joeyjoejoe wrote:
Apr 21st, 2017 10:46 am
I don't think Ozzy is that bad. His social skills were terrible in his first appearance, but much better since. I'd say he's about average with his social game. His problem is he's always a high priority target because he's elite level when it comes to competitions, but needs an elite level social game to not get voted out. He's had 4 appearances, but more days than anyone who played the game, even beating out Boston Rob who has 4 appearances as well.
But Boston Rob has 1.5 wins :)

The season where Ozzy had the most success was his first season. He won a craptonne of challenges, and I think it's the only time he made it to end. I often wonder if he would of made it to the end had he not been a challenge beast. It's also why his overall day count is high, because he is a challenge beast, but his lack of a decent social game hasn't really made him a contender to be the sole survivor. When I saw him go out, and all he was talking about was how he was the provider, good luck eating. All I could think were those were the words of someone who doesn't know how to play the game. I like watching him place and he's a good guy, but I dunno... I don't think he's one of the best survivor's out there. He is a challenge beast though.
Deal Addict
May 26, 2002
1743 posts
275 upvotes
zod wrote:
Apr 21st, 2017 1:52 pm
But Boston Rob has 1.5 wins :)

The season where Ozzy had the most success was his first season. He won a craptonne of challenges, and I think it's the only time he made it to end. I often wonder if he would of made it to the end had he not been a challenge beast. It's also why his overall day count is high, because he is a challenge beast, but his lack of a decent social game hasn't really made him a contender to be the sole survivor. When I saw him go out, and all he was talking about was how he was the provider, good luck eating. All I could think were those were the words of someone who doesn't know how to play the game. I like watching him place and he's a good guy, but I dunno... I don't think he's one of the best survivor's out there. He is a challenge beast though.
I agree with your point about Ozzy but the game is partially to blame now. The producers interfere to much now that the useful survival skills are pointless and just makes you a target. Pretty much now every reward challenge is food and pampering and in the case your tribes useless you get bailed out by the producers. Remember in the last few seasons when the team couldn't build a proper shelter and they were given a tarp or the team that lost the rice and was given more food? The whole "survivor" aspect is pretty much gone now and it's just a social game imo.

-LeeBear
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
7023 posts
219 upvotes
Ozzy's game plan = provide coconuts and grab fish

Face With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of Joy

Cirie is amazing. She got michaela on her side(will vote with her). Maybe a vote for her if she reaches the end.

They better get her out now or she will be in the final tribal council.

Dumb Debbie thinks ozzy was the biggest threat. Face With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of Joy
Diversity Is Our Strength 😎
Deal Fanatic
Apr 26, 2004
9962 posts
591 upvotes
Mississauga
LeeBear wrote:
Apr 21st, 2017 11:13 pm
I agree with your point about Ozzy but the game is partially to blame now. The producers interfere to much now that the useful survival skills are pointless and just makes you a target. Pretty much now every reward challenge is food and pampering and in the case your tribes useless you get bailed out by the producers. Remember in the last few seasons when the team couldn't build a proper shelter and they were given a tarp or the team that lost the rice and was given more food? The whole "survivor" aspect is pretty much gone now and it's just a social game imo.
Agreed. In the early seasons of Survivor, they were really starving and had to eat rats to survive. Now they just seem to have ample supplies of food and luxury rewards.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
7275 posts
704 upvotes
Victoria
LeeBear wrote:
Apr 21st, 2017 11:13 pm

-LeeBear
I agree about survivor being easier than it used to be. That being said I don't think being a provider wins you the game, it only buys you time. Back in the day if a provider got kicked out, then other people had to figure it out or they starved. It wasn't the end of the world.

They still drop massive pounds on survivor. Even if they win a reward challenge, they only happen every 3 or so days? If you win 50/50, that's a single meal every 5 or 6 days. It helps, but you still need to find something to eat :)
Deal Guru
Jun 1, 2006
10989 posts
14488 upvotes
kevindurant1 wrote:
Apr 22nd, 2017 7:16 pm
Ozzy's game plan = provide coconuts and grab fish

Face With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of Joy

Cirie is amazing. She got michaela on her side(will vote with her). Maybe a vote for her if she reaches the end.

They better get her out now or she will be in the final tribal council.

Dumb Debbie thinks ozzy was the biggest threat. Face With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of Joy
Actually, Cirie is lying when she say she will support Michaela. On the episode where Haley was voted out, during the end credits, Cirie put Michaela's name on the paper for the person to be voted out. I would not trust Ciriie in what she says.
Have a nice day!

[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
6874 posts
1399 upvotes
LonesomeDove wrote:
Apr 24th, 2017 4:39 pm
Actually, Cirie is lying when she say she will support Michaela. On the episode where Haley was voted out, during the end credits, Cirie put Michaela's name on the paper for the person to be voted out. I would not trust Ciriie in what she says.
cirie did that for her own game to avoid putting a target on her back. she already knew she had enough votes to save michaela, but she didn't want anyone else to know she was working with michaela.
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
7023 posts
219 upvotes
LonesomeDove wrote:
Apr 24th, 2017 4:39 pm
She said that vote didnt mean anything because the decision was already made that haley was going home. She was the one that pushed for haley first instead of michaela. She told michaela to vote for zeke so they wont be able to pick up her scent. She even said to michaela that she was trying to save her.

If she didnt vote for michaela. They would know that someone was bucking the system.

Her plan worked.
Deal Guru
Jun 1, 2006
10989 posts
14488 upvotes
kevindurant1 wrote:
Apr 24th, 2017 5:36 pm
She said that vote didnt mean anything because the decision was already made that haley was going home. She was the one that pushed for haley first instead of michaela. She told michaela to vote for zeke so they wont be able to pick up her scent. She even said to michaela that she was trying to save her.

If she didnt vote for michaela. They would know that someone was bucking the system.

Her plan worked.
The revealing of who voted for whom during the closing credits are only shown to TV viewers. The contestants don't know who actually voted for the person that left.

So how would the other contestants know that Cirie will be bucking the system if she didn't vote for Michaela? They are secret ballots not revealed to the contestants.

If Michaela knew that Cirie put that her name as the person to go, Michaela would be pretty upset.
Have a nice day!

Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
7023 posts
219 upvotes
LonesomeDove wrote:
Apr 24th, 2017 6:48 pm
The revealing of who voted for whom during the closing credits are only shown to TV viewers. The contestants don't know who actually voted for the person that left.

So how would the other contestants know that Cirie will be bucking the system if she didn't vote for Michaela? They are secret ballots not revealed to the contestants.

If Michaela knew that Cirie put that her name as the person to go, Michaela would be pretty upset.
It doesnt matter if they didnt show who voted for who. They show how many votes a contestant gets. Jeff is counting it in front of them. That is enough to know how many people stayed solid. They get enough time to think about it and approach people.

Thats why when somebody gets voted out they usually know who did the backstabbing. For example, JT tried to play it off like it wasnt him but everyone knew.

Michaela cant get mad, she is thankful. She didnt have a choice, its either haley or her. She knew it. Its either follow Cirie's instructions by voting zeke and live another day or get voted out.

Like I said earlier, She is the 2nd smartest survivor to ever play next to Sandra. She is a ninja. They need to vote her out because the longer she stays, the stronger she gets.
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2003
8912 posts
724 upvotes
GTA
ANyone still watching? Last night was great, just catching up on it now. I couldn't believe Cirie tried to pull that move... Her vote at the end was weird too. Looking forward to the finale. Glad I haven't run across any spoilers!
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
1965 posts
486 upvotes
Global Village
YLSF wrote:
May 18th, 2017 9:13 pm
ANyone still watching? Last night was great, just catching up on it now. I couldn't believe Cirie tried to pull that move... Her vote at the end was weird too. Looking forward to the finale. Glad I haven't run across any spoilers!
I have been very impressed with Tai's restraint this time around in not using any of his 2 idols, especially during this last 1 when his name was in the crossfires. Next week's preview suggests he's about to give 1 of his idols up though, which would be a bonehead move to make when he's this close to the final 3.
Jul 22, 2015
259 posts
45 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
scoper wrote:
May 19th, 2017 1:35 am
I have been very impressed with Tai's restraint this time around in not using any of his 2 idols, especially during this last 1 when his name was in the crossfires. Next week's preview suggests he's about to give 1 of his idols up though, which would be a bonehead move to make when he's this close to the final 3.
I agree - I'm surprised he didn't use it earlier, but I think he will have to use them up before final 4 (??), so that means he would need to use them at the next 2 tribals. From the preview, it looks like Brad is taking over his idols and telling him what to do since Tai is seen crying and saying that he feels as if he has lost control of the game.

Should be an interesting tribal...Sarah has immunity, Troyzan has an immunity idol, Tai has 2 immunity idols - perhaps he will keep one and give one away, and someone can win immunity at the challenge. That means potentially 5 people will/could have immunity and the 6th person without it would be the only one who could go home!! Exciting!
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
7023 posts
219 upvotes
scoper wrote:
May 19th, 2017 1:35 am
It would be hard for him to win if Sarah and Cirie makes it to the end. They made more moves than him. He has to be take Troyzan, Aubrey, Brad. This is the best oppurtunity to tell the jury that he took out the biggest threat in the game.

He made a mistake by keeping 2 idols without making big moves. He could have been the boss until the end.

There will be 4 idols in the next episode. Cirie and Aubrey is in huge trouble if they dont win immunity.