Automotive

SUVs suggestions max $20k thank you

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 13th, 2019 7:31 pm
Oct 2, 2017
586 posts
385 upvotes
Volvos and fords tend to have that kind of interior, but leather beige usually means premium->luxury car. For a 2014 under 20k.. that's a bit of a stretch.. unless you don't care about the mileage.
I'll see you at the top, cause the bottom is too crowded
Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2007
7110 posts
3315 upvotes
Kootenays
Tommy74 wrote:
Jan 12th, 2019 2:54 am
Venza was a "positive experience" maybe 10 years ago. It was so dated, they stopped making them. It reached top spot in "Ugliest car alive" ranking, back in the day. Great for taxi.
The reason they stopped making them was Toyota saw itself as having 3 vehicles in the same segment, the Rav 4, the Highlander and the Venza. The one with the lowest sales was discontinued. I guess it was so ugly that virtually all CUVs and some SUVs now look like Venzas. It's a very efficient design and a great city car.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
3227 posts
773 upvotes
Oshawa
scar7854 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 2:25 pm
Hi,

I do not own a vehicule yet but I discovered the Toyota Venza and it was a positive experience. Since then, I try to find if something is better, but failed. Here are my top criterias in order, sorry for being nitpicky:

Interior: 1. Leather seats cream color 2. Nothing odd or out of proportion 3. Black dash 4. As luxury as I can get for this price 5. A bit of quality material especially where the electronics in the middle 6. something stylish like a shifter in angle like in the Toyota Venza but that is not a priority for the interior just a bonus. 7. Black ground

MPG (miles per gallon): At least in the good average or better

Years: 2014+ but I am willing to go as far as 2010 if the car has the following criteria:

Extremely reliable

Thank you for your suggestions! I would also mention that the Lexus RX 450H is of course the one car competing directly with the Toyota Venza for this thread, and is the only one so far that I would be interested in outside of the Venza because it looks almost identical and seems like a good amount of luxury for the money, but I would need to pick a model from 2010 that is the only drawback.
Autotrader ... and search.
Stress is caused by NOT fishing enough.
JDM ONLY! No North American CRAP!
Megabass, Imakatsu, Jackall, GanCraft, OSP, EverGreen, YGK, Toray, Sunline, Nories, Shimano, Daiwa RULES!
EVA Air Rocks ... Air Canada SUCKS!
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2014
4491 posts
1578 upvotes
It's more like both the Toyota and Lexus are ugly.
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2015
1041 posts
392 upvotes
York Region
I remember back in 2011 when buying a rav4, I compared the cargo area with the venza and vaguely remember that the rav4 was bigger.
Deal Guru
Jan 15, 2006
12514 posts
8680 upvotes
Richmond Hill
scar7854 wrote:
Jan 12th, 2019 9:48 am
Is this car associated with chubby persons? Because for the car itself, I don't see anything out of proportion, it's a SUV of course. And I don't want to defend it because I do not own any car yet, it's just that there is things I do not understand in this thread lol. But yes, let's not go too far in personal taste, as a matter of fact to each his own. But at least I did provide careful details about my criterias so I am still open to any suggestions and thank you all, I at least got one or two good recommendations, so far so good.
These are not SUV’s....

IMO all Toyota products are ugly, but the Venza takes the cake. But hey if you think it’s luxurious and good looking get what you like. Why bother asking strangers in a forum? The better buy for the same money will of course be the newer car with lower mileage. It really is that simple.
[OP]
Jan 10, 2019
6 posts
1 upvote
EP32k2 wrote:
Jan 13th, 2019 12:34 pm
These are not SUV’s....

IMO all Toyota products are ugly, but the Venza takes the cake. But hey if you think it’s luxurious and good looking get what you like. Why bother asking strangers in a forum? The better buy for the same money will of course be the newer car with lower mileage. It really is that simple.
Well no one is offering me candies for a ride, I think I am safe and free to ask strangers for suggestions. The exterior of the Venza can be modifed with new skirts if that is all the difference between a sport look and something ugly. What is a Venza if not a SUV anyway? And I mean, we are far from something ugly like a petty cruiser or something very odd or unbearable to watch. For the interior, I think it's one of the best for the money. Anyway, this thread was not a Venza bashing invitation. If you hate the Venza, why do you even care answering ?!
Deal Guru
Jan 15, 2006
12514 posts
8680 upvotes
Richmond Hill
scar7854 wrote:
Jan 13th, 2019 2:27 pm
Well no one is offering me candies for a ride, I think I am safe and free to ask strangers for suggestions. The exterior of the Venza can be modifed with new skirts if that is all the difference between a sport look and something ugly. What is a Venza if not a SUV anyway? And I mean, we are far from something ugly like a petty cruiser or something very odd or unbearable to watch. For the interior, I think it's one of the best for the money. Anyway, this thread was not a Venza bashing invitation. If you hate the Venza, why do you even care answering ?!
I don’t hate the Venza. I hate all Toyota products, but that’s not the point.

Like I said. You like it that’s most important, which is why I don’t understand why one would ask strangers about a major purchase. It’s a Toyota product so reliability isn’t a concern as long as the vehicle was maintained by the previous owner.
[OP]
Jan 10, 2019
6 posts
1 upvote
EP32k2 wrote:
Jan 13th, 2019 7:06 pm
I don’t hate the Venza. I hate all Toyota products, but that’s not the point.

Like I said. You like it that’s most important, which is why I don’t understand why one would ask strangers about a major purchase. It’s a Toyota product so reliability isn’t a concern as long as the vehicle was maintained by the previous owner.
If you hate all Toyota products then you hate the Venza. Basic logic here. Yes I like it but I am not familiar with every single SUV out there. One of a discussion board purposes is to share information. What have you done here since January 2006 and 10592 posts?