Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[Swagbucks and Drop] CIBC Air Canada AC Conversion Visa Prepaid Card - Get a reward valued at $50-$65

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 28th, 2020 11:09 am
Deal Guru
Apr 10, 2011
12749 posts
25715 upvotes
Montreal
TorontoEh wrote: How are others using the credit on the card, specially those who loaded$100 daily? Are you simply using it for daily purchases in Canada? I will try this via Swagbucks because Drop is shady as in I never got my Mogo credit offer bonus and their contact is not existant.
Once you have CAD on your card, you can make free withdrawals at a CIBC ATM.
Shop with your CIBC card anywhere Visa is accepted: buy gas, pay your utility bill, etc.
Use it when you travel.
I bought stuff on aliexpress.com in USD.
I paid my VoIP.ms service in USD.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
9870 posts
1914 upvotes
TO
Temporel wrote: Once you have CAD on your card, you can make free withdrawals at a CIBC ATM.
Shop with your CIBC card anywhere Visa is accepted: buy gas, pay your utility bill, etc.
Use it when you travel.
I bought stuff on aliexpress.com in USD.
I paid my VoIP.ms service in USD.
Got it thanks for your reply, so when I load$80 USD I need to convert to cad and use it up however I wish. In that case I'll use up to pay Rogers bill ;)
"You can't soar with the eagles if you're hanging with the turkeys - Gary Kent
Nov 2, 2011
849 posts
229 upvotes
Toronto
Quick question, can you use a credit card to load this card? Or do we need online banking?
Deal Guru
Apr 10, 2011
12749 posts
25715 upvotes
Montreal
ilapastel wrote: Quick question, can you use a credit card to load this card? Or do we need online banking?
You can use a credit or debit card.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
9870 posts
1914 upvotes
TO
Did anyone here used a USD$ credit card to avoid fx conversion? I have Chase Visa, RBC Visa and TD Bank North Credit/Debit.

Just want to make sure they don't count as a cash advance on these USD based credit cards.
Deal Guru
Apr 10, 2011
12749 posts
25715 upvotes
Montreal
The way the phone app. and the Website is programmed, no matter the card you use, you will make the equivalent of a CAD purchase.

So if you use a Chase Visa to buy USD, you would most likely be charged TWICE the exchange rate. First, your purchase of USD would be calculated and charged in CAD on your CIBC card (first conversion fee of 2.5 % above the normal exchange rate apply) and then your Chase card would convert your CAD purchase in USD (second conversion fees applied by Chase). Next, if you want to withdraw your USD in Canada, a third exchange rate would be applied by CIBC: ouch!
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
1486 posts
568 upvotes
beeknight wrote: I am trying to buy something on ebay.com listed in USD. At the checkout page, after filing out card info, right in the Credit or Debit Card line it still displays the purchase price in CAD and Exchange rate: C $1.00 = $0.77. While the order total line still says the item's USD price.

Does that mean ebay will charge me CAD still? I don't see an option to change the currency -- guess they see that I am from Canada base on my IP address? I only have USD on my AC Conversion card -- will that result in extra fees?

Edit:

OK.. here is the card activity report after I made the purchase. Seems they took out the USD then credited CAD (still my CAD balance is zero). Weird but it seems I won't be dinged with fees.

Type Amt Balance
20/04/2018 Administrative Funds C2C Credit [US Dollar: **.**], Fx @1.241100 ON xxxxxx Credit CAD $**.** CAD $**.**
20/04/2018 Administrative Funds C2C Debit ON xxxxx Debit USD $**.** USD $**.**
Update: I just noticed that I have been charged about 6% more on all 3 USD transactions I did on ebay.com/ca. AC Conversion confirmed that I was charged CAD by eBay therefore there is a forex conversion fee. How do I get ebay to charge me in USD?
If my sanity has to go, it is my job to keep its absence to myself. :D
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2005
2775 posts
1634 upvotes
SW Ontario
has anyone had to submit a ticket with Swagbucks? I did mine through GCR with no problems, but my husband went through Swagbucks - it's been 25 days and no credit yet - not looking forward to submitting a ticket, and hoping that $50 isn't going to fly right out the window Angry Face
Dec 28, 2011
311 posts
73 upvotes
Used Drop .. did anyone get the 50k points ? Been 4-5 weeks the points didn't show up.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
9870 posts
1914 upvotes
TO
Prashix85 wrote: Used Drop .. did anyone get the 50k points ? Been 4-5 weeks the points didn't show up.
Hope you get it honestly but I haven't heard back from couple of offers I did via drop. Wish gcr would bring back as they're so reliable
Jun 23, 2010
362 posts
264 upvotes
North York
beeknight wrote: Update: I just noticed that I have been charged about 6% more on all 3 USD transactions I did on ebay.com/ca. AC Conversion confirmed that I was charged CAD by eBay therefore there is a forex conversion fee. How do I get ebay to charge me in USD?
When you choose your method of payment in PayPal, you have to select the option to let your card issuer decide the foreign exchange rate. The default is to use paypal's foreign exchange rate.
Check my user name on eBay
Deal Guru
Apr 10, 2011
12749 posts
25715 upvotes
Montreal
tvwatcher wrote: has anyone had to submit a ticket with Swagbucks? I did mine through GCR with no problems, but my husband went through Swagbucks - it's been 25 days and no credit yet - not looking forward to submitting a ticket, and hoping that $50 isn't going to fly right out the window Angry Face
There's a disclaimer for the CIBC card offer on Swagbucks' Website that says "allow up to 32 business days for the swagbucks to be posted."
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2014
1160 posts
726 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Applied via swagbucks when op was still only one page long.
Nothing swagbucks after sever days
Swagbucks was deactivated two weeks after.
(Wtf? My swagbucks account was opened 2years ago)
Email swagbucks no reply after 3days
Emailed again and got reply within 72 hours my account reopened, donning the reason.
Loggin today and saw 50000points and bought amazon gc @ 22%off still thousands of points left
Oct 16, 2010
432 posts
1054 upvotes
tvwatcher wrote: has anyone had to submit a ticket with Swagbucks? I did mine through GCR with no problems, but my husband went through Swagbucks - it's been 25 days and no credit yet - not looking forward to submitting a ticket, and hoping that $50 isn't going to fly right out the window Angry Face
I submitted a ticket the first week. They basically told me to be patient. I received it 3-4 weeks after initial transaction date without issue.
Prashix85 wrote: Used Drop .. did anyone get the 50k points ? Been 4-5 weeks the points didn't show up.
I believe theres another post that said they received drop points instantly... or it was 1-2 days. Drop is the fastest method so follow up with them
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2005
2775 posts
1634 upvotes
SW Ontario
Temporel wrote:
There's a disclaimer for the CIBC card offer on Swagbucks' Website that says "allow up to 32 business days for the swagbucks to be posted."
yeah, I know...most here didn't have to wait that long, and I was getting concerned
Proxism wrote: I submitted a ticket the first week. They basically told me to be patient. I received it 3-4 weeks after initial transaction date without issue.
thanks, maybe Monday will be The Day..I hope!
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
1486 posts
568 upvotes
nonfatalexec wrote: When you choose your method of payment in PayPal, you have to select the option to let your card issuer decide the foreign exchange rate. The default is to use paypal's foreign exchange rate.
Thanks but I didn't use PayPal on those transactions though. I simply selected pay with credit card and inserted the AC Conversion CC info (not registered on PayPal).

I checked my PayPal and eBay accounts but couldn't find that option.

Did I miss something?
If my sanity has to go, it is my job to keep its absence to myself. :D
Deal Addict
May 26, 2010
1799 posts
1184 upvotes
Eastern Canada
Update, I received my Acconversion card today.
Call the toll free number, they ask for my card#, my name, date of birth, address, e-mail, then it was activated.
They told me to hang up and call back to change my pin!?!
I went online to revealed my pin instead.
Then i converted the us money to canadian money.
Then i open the app, and loaded $100 with tangerine( my 2 % only start on May 8, i think).
Looked at swagbucks, i got the same 17SB.. now i wait :-)
. . . .
Be Nice...
. . . .
Banned
May 7, 2007
13912 posts
5710 upvotes
fonzy35 wrote: Update, I received my Acconversion card today.
Call the toll free number, they ask for my card#, my name, date of birth, address, e-mail, then it was activated.
They told me to hang up and call back to change my pin!?!
I went online to revealed my pin instead.
Then i converted the us money to canadian money.
Then i open the app, and loaded $100 with tangerine( my 2 % only start on May 8, i think).
Looked at swagbucks, i got the same 17SB.. now i wait :-)
Your 2% ?? ... via Tangerine? ... how or what TING's category?
Deal Addict
May 26, 2010
1799 posts
1184 upvotes
Eastern Canada
Was it reocurring bills, someone posted, if i'm not mistaken. i will find out when i load back on th May 08, that's when my third category start. :-)
Someone in Loblaws gift cards (hot deals) thread said that buying 100 d. gift card from Loblaws (link in that OP) ... shows at Tangerine MC as "Reocurring bill payments" and therefore maybe will be 2% (if you have that category selected there) ... and therefore greater than otherwise Rogers 1.75%
. . . .
Be Nice...
. . . .
Deal Addict
May 26, 2010
1799 posts
1184 upvotes
Eastern Canada
Last time a got this loading $100 with Ting
0.5%
CIBC ACCONVERSION PREP
Bank Fees & Service Fees
. . . .
Be Nice...
. . . .

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)