Expired Hot Deals

[Swagbucks and Drop] CIBC Air Canada AC Conversion Visa Prepaid Card - Get a reward valued at $50-$65

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 4th, 2018 9:44 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
1755 posts
1448 upvotes
Montreal

[Swagbucks and Drop] CIBC Air Canada AC Conversion Visa Prepaid Card - Get a reward valued at $50-$65

Deal Link:
I'm resurrecting this thread from the "Expired Hot Deals" section because although Great Canadian Rebate (GCR) has pulled their $40 offer, it's still available from Swagbucks or Drop.

Here is a link to the previous RFD thread for more info and another one started in 2016.

Register with Swagbucks.

Clear your browser cache, delete cookies and disable any ad-blocker to make sure you get tracked by Swagbucks and not some other site you might have visited previously.

Login your Swagbucks account and then click on the CIBC Air Canada AC Conversion Visa Prepaid Card offer. It’s buried in “Most Popular Ways to Earn”. Click on the arrow to the right about 25 times.

Register for the CIBC card (without a hard credit hit - just a soft pull to validate your identity) and using a debit or credit card, load at least $100 CAD worth of a foreign currency: USD for example (2.5% conversion fee on top of the regular exchange rate apply).

If you plan to use a TD Visa Debit card to load the CIBC card, the initial load might work but any further loading might get declined. CIBC is aware of the problem and is working on it to find a solution.

Update June 1st, 2018: the promotion has been lowered from 5,000 to 4,500 Swagbucks valued at $50-$65
Here are a few examples of how you can redeem 4,500 Swagbucks:
2,000 Swagbucks for a $25 gift card OR 3,900 Swagbucks for a $50 gift card from the following merchants: Cineplex, Hudson's Bay, Harvey's & other restaurants, Indigo, Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic, Groupon, iTunes, Starbucks, Amazon.ca, etc.
2,500 Swagbucks for: $25 CAD deposited into your PayPal account OR a $25 gift card from Esso.
3,900 + 300 + 300 = 4,500 Swagbucks for $50 + $3 + $3 = $56 Amazon.ca gift cards.
2 X 2,200 = 4,400 Swagbucks for two $25 USD gift cards ($50 USD) from Amazon.com worth about $65 CAD.
Thanks to "sssscary2" for pointing this out. Shopping on Amazon.com might imply Duty and Brokerage fees. Be mindful when redeeming. If you don't know in advance what to buy, maybe go for the $25 cash via PayPal + gift card(s). The values in these examples were correct at writing time but may change.

It will take at least a couple of weeks before anything shows-up in your Swagbucks account. There's a disclaimer for the CIBC card offer on Swagbucks' Website that says: “... allow 32 business days for SB points to be rewarded by Swagbucks. If you are not credited within 32 days of offer completion, you have 14 days to contact the Swagbucks Help Center for further investigation. Help Center tickets submitted after the 14 day grace period are not eligible for further investigation and SB." In my case, it took 12 business days before it posted in my account.

You will receive your CIBC Air Canada AC Conversion Visa Prepaid Card by mail within a week or two: activate it.

You can shop with your new CIBC card anywhere Visa is accepted or withdraw at an ATM (2.5% conversion fee for foreign currency on top of the regular exchange rate apply). Regular ATM fees apply. No ATM fee at CIBC in Canada. One free withdrawal from CIBC outside Canada per month but foreign ATM fees apply.

Some people report the card being locked for Fraud Prevention because of a withdrawal attempt less than 24 hours after conversion of foreign currency back into CAD. To be safe, wait > 24 hours after conversion back to CAD before attempting a withdrawal.

You can't withdraw USD in Canada even at a CIBC ATM that advertises USD available. You will get CAD in Canada. First from the CAD you already have on your card, then from the other currencies you have (2.5% conversion fee on top of the regular exchange rate apply).

Read the other threads for more info and thank "slampii" and "hslmdjim" the OPs of the previous threads!

Alternatively, install the Drop app. on your phone. Register a credit card or a debit card with Drop. Proceed to the CIBC offer. I'm not familiar with Drop.

- - - - -

The following steps are optional. They are meant to ensure a smooth process for getting the card and reduce the risk of hassle to a minimum.

The information you supply to the CIBC AC Conversion card electronic application form must match exactly with what is in your Equifax credit file.

Before you apply for the card, get your free Equifax credit report by mail to know if there is any mistake in your name, address, birth date or phone number. It happened to me.

Call Equifax 1-800-465-7166 and follow the steps… Press 3, press 2, (example - not the actual options), press 4, etc. Enter your birth date, enter your phone number, your postal code etc. It's easy. No human interaction involved. It's all automatic and fast; about 2 business days to get your report.

Once you got your report, enter the information on the CIBC AC Conversion card electronic application form exactly as it appears on your Equifax credit report, errors (if any) included. Make correction to your Equifax credit file later if needed.

CIBC does not look for a credit history; they only validate your name, address and birth date.

Don’t forget to login your Swagbucks account before clicking on the CIBC card offer from within your Swagbucks account. If you don’t do that and click on the CIBC card offer directly (from outside your Swagbucks account - it’s doable) your transaction won’t get tracked by Swagbucks and you won’t get your reward.

Last edited by Temporel on Jul 9th, 2018 2:27 am, edited 38 times in total.
795 replies
Deal Fanatic
May 7, 2007
5030 posts
1300 upvotes
Free $50 (not $40) ...

Re: current thread's title.
Oct 21, 2016
95 posts
284 upvotes
I wonder if I can do one for gcr, do one for swag bucks, do one for drop and get $120
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
1755 posts
1448 upvotes
Montreal
yeah723 wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2018 9:44 pm
I wonder if I can do one for gcr, do one for swag bucks, do one for drop and get $120
CIBC will check your identity with Equifax (soft pull) and won't let you do more than one card.
Last edited by Temporel on Mar 22nd, 2018 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
May 7, 2007
5030 posts
1300 upvotes
yeah723 wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2018 9:44 pm
I doubt you'll get paid from all three ... but if you were, it would be $140 (not $120) :)

40 + 50 + 50 ...... :D

( and GCR is dead already ... so, unless you already participated there, it will be a moot point anyhow ))
Last edited by Darkman on Mar 22nd, 2018 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
1755 posts
1448 upvotes
Montreal
Darkman wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2018 9:39 pm
Free $50 (not $40) ...

Re: current thread's title.
Corrected. Thank you. I used Cut and Paste...
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2007
4627 posts
1401 upvotes
Scarborough
I registered for the card via Swagbucks when the original thread was posted. No idea if it even tracked properly since I can't find anywhere on their site that actually shows your click-throughs for credit card offers. I haven't gotten an email or any notification from Swagbucks about it yet either.

Assuming you do get the the 5000 SB though, you could potentially get $60+ in GCs. For example, the Amazon.ca GCs are discounted right now. You could get a $50 + $10 Amazon.ca GCs for just 4775 SB. That's assuming they keep the discount going. They have a history of discounting GCs though so if you miss out on this "sale", you can probably pick up more than $50 worth of GCs in the future.
Sep 3, 2016
115 posts
11 upvotes
Ontario, Canada
Keep getting rejected, as the information I am entering is not apparently correct with the info I am entering.
What can I do?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
1755 posts
1448 upvotes
Montreal
jtm024 wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2018 10:06 pm
Keep getting rejected, as the information I am entering is not apparently correct with the info I am entering.
What can I do?
Post #465 from the other thread

For those who got an error, get your free Equifax credit report to make sure there aren't any mistake and/or to enter your data the same way it shows on your Equifax file.

In my case, it was an error on my birthday that was the problem. It could be that someone added "Street", "Avenue" or "Road" in your address, etc.

A representative from CIBC told me the employment status is unlikely to trigger an error since it can change often.
Jul 21, 2015
98 posts
19 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
how come i cant't find the CIBC offer on swagbucks
Jul 21, 2015
98 posts
19 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
how long does it take before i get the money?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
1755 posts
1448 upvotes
Montreal
bobobaby wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2018 11:21 pm
how long does it take before i get the money?
I haven't finished reading the other thread but seems like a week or two before it gets posted in your Swagbucks account and a month or two before you get a transfer to your Paypal account. Maybe faster if you redeem a gift card? I dunno about Drop.

EDIT:
"Guyman" in post #242 in the other thread says "I read through swagbucks offer. It takes 2-7 days to post as pending then 32-92 days to post."
Last edited by Temporel on Mar 22nd, 2018 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May 5, 2012
337 posts
112 upvotes
CALGARY
Late to the party..

The other thread mentions not being able to load CAD onto the card as of April 13

If I order now how long does it take for me to be able to put 100$ in there? I don't even need the card as j can just use it for Amazon.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)