Hot Deals

[Swagbucks and Drop] CIBC Air Canada AC Conversion Visa Prepaid Card - Get a reward valued at $50-$65

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 13th, 2018 9:43 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
1225 posts
846 upvotes
Montreal
fonzy35 wrote:
Jun 12th, 2018 10:59 am
"You have entered an invalid PIN. Please re-enter your PIN" what??? lololol What a Joke!!!!!
Could it be that they expect the PIN from your first card?
May 26, 2010
575 posts
280 upvotes
Land
Temporel wrote:
Jun 12th, 2018 2:19 pm
Could it be that they expect the PIN from your first card?
nope, first card was with GCR.

I send a request about "Pin issue" to Swagbucks.
They send me a response(2 hours later), they have reset the Pin verification, i have to click again get verify my account, by postal mail or sms.
So i went and change by cell plan, because their was a Special on cell plan(that included text and other stuff), so might as well do it now.
Then i went to swagbucks, and entered SMS cell number.
Got tha pin right away by sms..
And got it verify on Swagbuck, finally..
Then i order $50 paypal, now i got to wait up to 10 days for order to process.. :-)

❗ Public Mobile $30 + tax for bargain seekers like me :-)
Jan 1, 2009
934 posts
240 upvotes
Vancouver
Waste of time for just $50 on drop (which I have). Most deal hunters stay away from this offer because of 1) Credit not posting on Drop account after a number of weeks and 2) Masterpass Promo or Amex Business Gold 2X promo on Plastiq more than enough covers any need for this card (i.e. pay property tax etc.)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
1225 posts
846 upvotes
Montreal
Cypherus21 wrote:
Jun 12th, 2018 7:31 pm
Waste of time for just $50 on drop (which I have). Most deal hunters stay away from this offer because of 1) Credit not posting on Drop account after a number of weeks and 2) Masterpass Promo or Amex Business Gold 2X promo on Plastiq more than enough covers any need for this card (i.e. pay property tax etc.)
Then go with Swagbucks, pocket the reward, empty the card, and then, throw it in a drawer.

But know in advance that you have to be patient. You won't get your reward in a matter of days. It could take one month or two.

But hey, they will deliver and give you a $50-$65 CAD value! At the minimum, $25 CAD in your PayPal account that you could do whatever you want with (even withdraw it) AND a $25 gift card. Read post #1 for more info.

Oh, and another thing: this thread has past the 100,000 clicks mark. That means hundreds (if not thousands) have taken advantage of this offer. Yet very few have posted back in this thread. If you do (or did) this offer because of this thread, please post a little I’m in or I did it. It would warm my old heart to know that you made a little dough. Thanks in advance.
May 26, 2010
575 posts
280 upvotes
Land
After Swagbuck transfer my money, my total will be $$ = $50 + $50 + $130(MC reward cash back by fillings the card, just about) =

$230

for about 2-3 months or less..

May 26, 2010
575 posts
280 upvotes
Land
My Swagbucks $50 was deposit into my paypal account today. I did a withdraw to my bank..
I'm done with ac conversion CIBC cards :-)
Thanks OP
And just like that, here it is!

Do spend it all in one place :)
Your PayPal - $50 CAD has been automatically credited to
your account associated with the email below

Sep 2, 2013
188 posts
23 upvotes
Vancouver
It has been more than two months now since I completed the application.

Still no 5K shown.

I submitted a requst for this. After 3 days, i got a email saying the transaction was not tracked and they wont credit me even I gave them the scrreencapture of the confirmaion email for the card application.

What a wate with that web site.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
1225 posts
846 upvotes
Montreal
greenhand wrote:
Jun 15th, 2018 7:21 pm
It has been more than two months now since I completed the application.

Still no 5K shown.

I submitted a requst for this. After 3 days, i got a email saying the transaction was not tracked and they wont credit me even I gave them the scrreencapture of the confirmaion email for the card application.

What a wate with that web site.

I’m sorry it did not workout for you.

I presume it is Swagbucks you contacted. Send an email to CIBC AC Conversion: info@acconversion.com
Explain the situation and ask if they could credit you $50 on your CIBC card. The worse that can happen is they say no.

The screen capture of the confirmation email for the card application only proves that you completed the offer with CIBC.
It doesn't prove that you clicked the CIBC offer from within the Swagbucks Web site.
The CIBC offer is available, by itself, without going through Swagbucks.

The offer worked for me (and many others) but I must say that Swagbucks is bad at informing their members.
When I did the offer, it took 12 business days before anything showed-up in my Swagbucks account.
Before that, I could not rely on anything to know if Swagbucks had tracked my transaction or not. Nothing! No “Pending”, no record of activity or shopping, nothing! Then, all of a sudden, BOOM! 5000 SB! They have bad programming for this: the customer is left hanging for days/weeks without a clue wondering if it worked.

In order to help others who might do the offer, do you have a hunch about what could have happened?
Do you use an ad-blocker? Did you visit another rebate site like Great Canadian Rebate before doing the CIBC offer?
Did you register with Swagbucks after doing the CIBC offer? Did you click the CIBC offer directly or from inside your Swagbucks account?

Thanks in advance for your reply.
Mar 23, 2009
253 posts
58 upvotes
Toronto
Yeah I had to chase the points down after the 32 day wait, without knowing if it tracked ok, but I just got my points. I'm cashing them out in GC, and uninstalling swagbucks afterwards... They're a massive waste of time.
Sep 2, 2013
188 posts
23 upvotes
Vancouver
astroboy100 wrote:
Jun 17th, 2018 8:09 am
Yeah I had to chase the points down after the 32 day wait, without knowing if it tracked ok, but I just got my points. I'm cashing them out in GC, and uninstalling swagbucks afterwards... They're a massive waste of time.
How long did it take to get your points after you submitted the ticket for the missing points?
Mar 23, 2009
253 posts
58 upvotes
Toronto
After waiting the 32 days they require it only took a day or two to get the points after submitting ticket and cibc $100 load email confirmation.
Sep 2, 2013
188 posts
23 upvotes
Vancouver
Temporel wrote:
Jun 17th, 2018 6:11 am
I’m sorry it did not workout for you.

I presume it is Swagbucks you contacted. Send an email to CIBC AC Conversion: info@acconversion.com
Explain the situation and ask if they could credit you $50 on your CIBC card. The worse that can happen is they say no.

The screen capture of the confirmation email for the card application only proves that you completed the offer with CIBC.
It doesn't prove that you clicked the CIBC offer from within the Swagbucks Web site.
The CIBC offer is available, by itself, without going through Swagbucks.

The offer worked for me (and many others) but I must say that Swagbucks is bad at informing their members.
When I did the offer, it took 12 business days before anything showed-up in my Swagbucks account.
Before that, I could not rely on anything to know if Swagbucks had tracked my transaction or not. Nothing! No “Pending”, no record of activity or shopping, nothing! Then, all of a sudden, BOOM! 5000 SB! They have bad programming for this: the customer is left hanging for days/weeks without a clue wondering if it worked.

In order to help others who might do the offer, do you have a hunch about what could have happened?
Do you use an ad-blocker? Did you visit another rebate site like Great Canadian Rebate before doing the CIBC offer?
Did you register with Swagbucks after doing the CIBC offer? Did you click the CIBC offer directly or from inside your Swagbucks account?

Thanks in advance for your reply.
To answer the questions:

1. I knew exactly what I was doing at the moment of applying cibc ac prepaid through swagbucks site. I knew what things that I should be careful at.

2. I disabled all adv-block on my broswer before the application

3. I registered on swagbucks first and clicked the link of cibc ac offer at swagbucks site after I login to my account to apply the card.

4. I received the confirmation email from cibc ac within 10 minutes After I applied the card. Then I started waitting game. It was april 10th,2018.

I sent missing points request ticket about 10 days ago, through swagbucks help site ( requied register a new user before the ticket submission ).

So far, I only got "bot" email responses.
Last edited by greenhand on Jun 17th, 2018 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 2, 2013
188 posts
23 upvotes
Vancouver
astroboy100 wrote:
Jun 17th, 2018 9:11 am
After waiting the 32 days they require it only took a day or two to get the points after submitting ticket and cibc $100 load email confirmation.
Thanks for your reply. It looks like I am in much trouble now.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 19, 2005
8520 posts
355 upvotes
Toronto
greenhand wrote:
Jun 17th, 2018 9:24 am

To answer the questions:

1. I knew exactly what I was doing at the moment of applying cibc ac prepaid through swagbucks site. I knew what things that I should be careful at.

2. I disabled all adv-block on my broswer before the application

3. I registered on swagbucks first and clicked the link of cibc ac offer at swagbucks site after I login to my account to apply the card.

4. I received the confirmation email from cibc ac within 10 minutes After I applied the card. Then I started waitting game. It was april 10th,2018.

I sent missing points request ticket about 10 days ago, through swagbucks help site ( requied register a new user before the ticket submission ).

So far, I only got "bot" email responses.
greenhand wrote:
Jun 17th, 2018 9:28 am
Thanks for your reply. It looks like I am in much trouble now.
Yes, I was in the same boat before.
After 32 days waiting, I submitted the ticket. After about a week, I got an email said they depositted 5k points to me. And after about 20 days, another email said they can't give me the points (however, I already redeemed those points).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need below items in GTA:
- CT, HD, FS, BB, gas GCs

FS: Freedom Mobile credit
May 26, 2010
575 posts
280 upvotes
Land
When you click on acconversion Cibc link from swagbucks, it will direct you to acconversion web site to apply for the card, you will have a link like this..
Copy and save the link..
Or go in the past browser history to get that link, then you will have prove that you click from their web site..

a link similar like this

https://acconversion.cibc.com/
cholder/ccartwelcome.action?IATAId=share&AgencyId
=results&AgentId=1&IATAId=
25266&AgencyId=24160&
AgentId=s43103166

I changed a few number because that was my link when login in swagbucks

Edited that link could be generic to everyone, i just clicked on the promo, i got same link as before..
Last edited by fonzy35 on Jun 17th, 2018 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.