Expired Hot Deals

[Swagbucks and Drop] CIBC Air Canada AC Conversion Visa Prepaid Card - Get a reward valued at $50-$65

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 4th, 2018 9:44 am
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
1699 posts
425 upvotes
Scarborough
greenhand wrote:
Jun 17th, 2018 9:24 am
To answer the questions:

1. I knew exactly what I was doing at the moment of applying cibc ac prepaid through swagbucks site. I knew what things that I should be careful at.

2. I disabled all adv-block on my broswer before the application

3. I registered on swagbucks first and clicked the link of cibc ac offer at swagbucks site after I login to my account to apply the card.

4. I received the confirmation email from cibc ac within 10 minutes After I applied the card. Then I started waitting game. It was april 10th,2018.

I sent missing points request ticket about 10 days ago, through swagbucks help site ( requied register a new user before the ticket submission ).

So far, I only got "bot" email responses.
Why did you register new account for ticket submission ?
Koodo
Tangerine
PayTM
😉😉😉
Sep 2, 2013
188 posts
23 upvotes
Vancouver
supremekai wrote:
Jun 17th, 2018 10:34 am
Why did you register new account for ticket submission ?
Before I submitted the missing point ticket on its help site , I login in swagbucks site first already.

It asked me to login in or register to submit the ticket if I never registered on its help site before. So I registered on its help site with the same email that I registered with swagbucks .
Deal Fanatic
May 7, 2007
5053 posts
1310 upvotes
Well ... after providing to Drop ... multiple screenshots (as requested) ... from my AC CIBC account ... and then providing the snapshot of the physical AC CIBC card ... -- I got the following email from them a couple of days ago:

----

Hey XXXXXX!

Oops, it looks like we dropped the ball here and didn't get a chance to reach out sooner to you - our apologies!

We've included your email in a follow up request with CIBC to have these points approved as soon as possible.

We apologize if this causes any sort of inconvenience, but we promise you that your Drop points will reflect in your account once CIBC has approved your transaction.

We've also added a bonus to your account to thank you for your patience!

Thanks for being a drop member!

--------

LOL ... I see they added an extra 1000 points to my account ... so a dollar basically ...

So it continues meanwhile ..... :D
May 26, 2010
987 posts
550 upvotes
Land
greenhand wrote:
Jun 17th, 2018 12:13 pm
Before I submitted the missing point ticket on its help site , I login in swagbucks site first already.

It asked me to login in or register to submit the ticket if I never registered on its help site before. So I registered on its help site with the same email that I registered with swagbucks .
You don't have to re-register on the request ticket page, they will identify you by your email account that you applied for CIBC on your swagbuck original account..

Try it again, it's in the bottom of the page Contact US/ Customer support/
- click submit a ticket
- scroll down, in the drop down box choose Discover Offer
- your swagbuck email that you apply for cibc
-subject missing 5000SB cibc ac conversion visa card promo
- fill out the other space
- on the confirmation id . It's your first load email from cibc confirmation number , it's on the bottom right of you transaction detail
- up load a screen shot of your email that showing that confirmation number and showing your email address ( to prove it's you in that email, that's what they asked me, one time)
Last edited by fonzy35 on Jun 17th, 2018 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 8, 2015
882 posts
971 upvotes
Toronto
Darkman wrote:
Jun 17th, 2018 12:21 pm

LOL ... I see they added an extra 1000 points to my account ... so a dollar basically ...

1000 points is $10 no?
Sep 2, 2013
188 posts
23 upvotes
Vancouver
fonzy35 wrote:
Jun 17th, 2018 1:24 pm
You don't have to re-register on the request ticket page, they will identify you by your email account that you applied for CIBC on your swagbuck original account..

Try it again, it's in the bottom of the page Contact US/ Customer support/
- click submit a ticket
- scroll down, in the drop down box choose Discover Offer
- your swagbuck email that you apply for cibc
-subject missing 5000SB cibc ac conversion visa card promo
- fill out the other space
- on the confirmation id . It's your first load email from cibc confirmation number , it's on the bottom right of you transaction detail
- up load a screen shot of your email that showing that confirmation number and showing your email ( to prove it's you in that email, that's what they asked me, one time)
Ok.

I will re-submit the ticket . Hope it will end a good result.
Deal Fanatic
May 7, 2007
5053 posts
1310 upvotes
Paroxetine wrote:
Jun 17th, 2018 9:02 pm
1000 points is $10 no?
Nope.

And I am talking about Drop specifically...

1000 points = 1 dollar

5000 points = 5 dollars (cashed out that one few times for $5 Starbucks e-card, for example) :)
Deal Fanatic
May 7, 2007
5053 posts
1310 upvotes
Darkman wrote:
Jun 17th, 2018 12:21 pm
Well ... after providing to Drop ... multiple screenshots (as requested) ... from my AC CIBC account ... and then providing the snapshot of the physical AC CIBC card ... -- I got the following email from them a couple of days ago:

----

Hey XXXXXX!

Oops, it looks like we dropped the ball here and didn't get a chance to reach out sooner to you - our apologies!

We've included your email in a follow up request with CIBC to have these points approved as soon as possible.

We apologize if this causes any sort of inconvenience, but we promise you that your Drop points will reflect in your account once CIBC has approved your transaction.

We've also added a bonus to your account to thank you for your patience!

Thanks for being a drop member!

--------

Received another email from Drop not long ago:

------

C/P:

Jun 22, 11:31 AM CDT

Hey XXXXXX!

I'm so sorry that this is taking a lot longer than expected (even for us!) We've sent an urgent request to have this reviewed immediately as for some reason, your account wasn't included in the report that was sent to us this week.

Again I'm really sorry for the lengthiness of this delay, but I assure you that you'll be taken care of! I've also applied a bonus to your account to thank you for your incredible patience during this time.

Thanks for being a Drop member!

=========

I just checked on that bonus (mentioned above) ... my drop points increased by 3,000 ... so the bonus given is 3,000 drop points ( = $3.00 )
Penalty Box
Nov 2, 2011
849 posts
227 upvotes
Toronto
Man swagbucks is such a garbage app, both cards didnt get any points. "help" is useless, after providing screenshots twice they just stopped replying
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2006
4835 posts
648 upvotes
Toronto
Darkman wrote:
Jun 22nd, 2018 1:12 pm

------

C/P:

Hey XXXXXX!

I'm so sorry that this is taking a lot longer than expected (even for us!) We've sent an urgent request to have this reviewed immediately as for some reason, your account wasn't included in the report that was sent to us this week.

Again I'm really sorry for the lengthiness of this delay, but I assure you that you'll be taken care of! I've also applied a bonus to your account to thank you for your incredible patience during this time.

=========

I just checked on that bonus (mentioned above) ... my drop points increased by 3,000 ... so the bonus given is 3,000 drop points ( = $3.00 )
Darkman, I though you are going to post I got another 50K points bonus. hehehe....
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
1794 posts
1498 upvotes
Montreal
Here is a reminder in order to avoid the hassle that happened a few days ago to two savvy RFD members “JayTee1” and “supremekai” as reported in this other thread also about this card:

Your card might get flagged for fraud and locked if you try to withdraw less than 24 hours after converting foreign currency back into CAD. If that happens, you would be asked to send documents to prove your identity. To be safe, wait > 24 hours after conversion back to CAD before attempting a withdrawal.

The offer is still available.
Aug 8, 2015
22 posts
4 upvotes
Victoria, BC
ilapastel wrote:
Jun 22nd, 2018 1:42 pm
Man swagbucks is such a garbage app, both cards didnt get any points. "help" is useless, after providing screenshots twice they just stopped replying
Yep I'm in the same boat. They are a garbage company. They have flat out stoped replying.
Jul 31, 2010
165 posts
55 upvotes
Edmonton
Koezer wrote:
Jun 24th, 2018 10:44 am
Yep I'm in the same boat. They are a garbage company. They have flat out stoped replying.
Same experience here. Did not get points automatically. customer service stopped replying after providing screenshot. Such a shady company. Will never use any promotion with them. Wost customer service!
Jul 7, 2013
69 posts
127 upvotes
Have not received my SB yet either from purchase in early May. Submitted Help ticket. Will update when it's resolved (or not...LOL!)

cheers,
:)
Deal Fanatic
May 7, 2007
5053 posts
1310 upvotes
Darkman wrote:
Jun 22nd, 2018 1:12 pm

------

C/P:

Hey XXXXXX!

=========

Well ... I replied to this email ... with somewhat unhappy language .... that I did nothing wrong and provided all that was requested.

And I finally received a reply yesterday ....

As you can see points were awarded to me ... i checked in the app - 50,000 drop points ... plus 4,000 more as mentioned in above posts ... (as bonuses for waiting long) .. so 54,000 all together (which is equivalent to $54 worth of gift cards / amazon.ca gift cards etc :)

C/P:

Hey XXXXXX!

I know, it definitely sounds strange and it's quite frustrating for us too. I checked in with the BD team today and they mentioned that it takes a really long time for CIBC to compile the list of approved members and send it back to us.

I've taken another look at the screenshots you provided and our exchange, and I can see that hate that the transactions aren't being approved because because $100 of CAD was funded, rather than $100 of foreign currency, a linked card wasn't used to fund your card.

In the offer terms and details page, our team has mentioned that $100 of foreign currency needs funded with a linked card. As a one time exception, I've awarded the points for your initial funding, however the reloads of this offer require you to fund $100 of foreign currency.

----

I replied to this email of theirs ... just to say I didn't do it wrong ... that I did it according to their Terms and conditions:

----

C/P:

Hey XXXXXX!

Thank you for awarding me those points for CIBC / AC Conversion card offer.

I'll tell you however that I did nothing wrong ... and it didn't happen because "$100 (or more) of CAD was funded, rather than $100 of foreign currency".

From that offer's term and conditions - Copy / Paste:

Air Canada Conversion Card
Terms and Conditions

Offer is eligible for 50,000 Drop points, please allow up to 2 weeks for points to be awarded.
The Drop points will be awarded after you sign up and load a minimum of $100CAD equivalent in foreign currency onto the Air Canada Conversion Card.
User must use the same email as your Drop account and signup through the link provided in the offer (Link you see in your app).
Offer cannot be combined with any other offers with CIBC.
Void where prohibited or restricted by law.

----

So my conscience is clear :)

People did this promo on internet .. and got bonuses no problem generally ... it has to be $100CAD equivalent in foreign currency (which could be less that $100 CAD or more than $100 CAD, depending on the currency) ... but, again, the key here was / is "$100CAD equivalent in foreign currency"

And I did just that ... from screenshot i provided to you ... you can see my original load onto the card was $110 and some change in Canadian dollars .. which was equivalent to $85 USD

I specifically made sure to load over $100 CAD (as per terms and conditions)

Cuz I read on the net .. some people loaded something like equivalent to $80 USD or $75 USD ... ... but got caught into conversion rate change .. and ended up loading something like $99 something CAD ...

So I made sure I am way over $100 CAD to be on the safe side :)

Thanks again for the points! ... I am happy now :)