Hot Deals

[Swagbucks and Drop] CIBC Air Canada AC Conversion Visa Prepaid Card - Get a reward valued at $50-$65

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 13th, 2018 9:43 am
Deal Addict
May 7, 2007
4531 posts
1063 upvotes
Darkman wrote:
Jul 5th, 2018 1:37 am
... points were awarded to me ... i checked in the app - 50,000 drop points ... plus 4,000 more as mentioned in above posts ... (as bonuses for waiting long) .. so 54,000 all together (which is equivalent to $54 worth of gift cards / amazon.ca gift cards etc :)
Just redeemed 50,000 Drop points for 5 x $10 gift card vouchers / codes ... and before loading them to my Amazon Gift Card balance, I called Amazon.ca and hassled with them / helped myself into getting something extra (as I never loaded anything like that to Amazon) :)

Rep told me she can give me $10 in some form ... So I kept her on the line .. and added 5 x $10 gift card vouchers / codes to my balance ... and she saw that $50 reflection in my balance ...

And as I thought to me that I loaded some sort of rewards redemption seemingly and didn't specifically just buy $50 gift card ...

But I went on that I never loaded like this before ... lol ... and maybe she can dome "something" for me.

She put me on hold ... (went to supervisor) ...and when came back offered me $10 Amazon credit ... (to be applied to items sold by Amazon.ca) ... -- so i took it :)

and now have $50 amazon gift card balance plus 10 extra dollars in Amazon credit ... -- So, for example if I buy something over $35 that is sold by amazon ... -- I can get a free shipping ("FREE Shipping on orders over CDN$ 35 shipped by Amazon") ...

So I am sure eventually I'll find something I can use on Amazon.ca ... and redeem the total of $60 that I have there now in two forms :)

Done.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
1225 posts
846 upvotes
Montreal
Darkman wrote:
Jul 5th, 2018 1:37 am
(...) a linked card wasn't used to fund your card. (...)
Just curious...

It looks like Drop says you didn't use a linked card to fund your CIBC card. Did you?

'cause if you didn't, Drop was really nice for giving you the points.

It's Drop 101: you have to use a linked card.
Deal Addict
May 7, 2007
4531 posts
1063 upvotes
^ ^ ... of course I used their link ...

She simply used some vague language there ... (and made some typos also)... -- saying basically "maybe this is wrong ... or maybe that is wrong"

Of course I used linked card.
Nov 9, 2017
9 posts
I have an existing account with Drop and created a new account for a family member but didn't see the Drop offer.

Where can I find it ???
Aug 20, 2016
136 posts
84 upvotes
i did the great canadian rebates offer for the cibc conversion card.
can i do the swag bucks card deal too?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
1225 posts
846 upvotes
Montreal
isd9999 wrote:
Jul 7th, 2018 11:18 am
i did the great canadian rebates offer for the cibc conversion card. can i do the swag bucks card deal too?
You are not supposed to but some did. YMMV.

Before you do, become an expert about this offer by reading this thread (and the others) from the beginning to know what you are getting into.

Pay particular attention to "fonzy35" posts who did it.

Ask yourself if the extra $$$ are worth your time should you encounter potential hassle.
Nov 9, 2017
9 posts
HELP

I have an existing account with Drop and created a new account for a family member but didn't see the Drop offer.

Where can I find it ???
Deal Addict
May 7, 2007
4531 posts
1063 upvotes
dealHunter9669 wrote:
Jul 7th, 2018 3:27 pm
HELP

Where can I find it ???
You'll see it only if Drop puts it into your App.

So nothing you can do really ... but wait and hope.

Who knows... maybe they stopped giving them out nowadays. Got no clue though.
Deal Addict
May 7, 2007
4531 posts
1063 upvotes
GCR is offering this thingy's deal again now ... but ONLY with $10 cash back, lol :D
May 26, 2010
575 posts
280 upvotes
Land
dealHunter9669 wrote:
Jul 7th, 2018 3:27 pm
HELP

Where can I find it ???
this link

look for the yellow link in the bottom of the page, it will redirect you and add the offer to your drop app(make sure your drop app is install first)
If you did not see this offer on your Drop, we have it here to share with you (simply let the link redirect you to the app):
http://b.ewd.io/agtq/SodjRhWaeE

❗ Public Mobile $30 + tax for bargain seekers like me :-)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
1225 posts
846 upvotes
Montreal
Darkman wrote:
Jul 7th, 2018 6:30 pm
GCR is offering this thingy's deal again now ... but ONLY with $10 cash back, lol :D
$10 ?!? Amazingly bad deal with Great Canadian Rebate (GCR)! Astonished Face

Don't do it. A $10 reward is MUCH too small to balance the risk of hassle with the CIBC card. Do it with Swagbucks or Drop.
Jul 11, 2008
655 posts
187 upvotes
fonzy35 wrote:
Jun 12th, 2018 10:52 am
Got my Swagbucks postcard today with 4 pin number. :-)
Came from Swagbucks Manhattan Beach, CA

took about 10 to 11 days
What is the swagbucks post card and PIN about? Is it related to the CIBC Ac conversion card/swagbucks 5000 points for sign up or un-related?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
1225 posts
846 upvotes
Montreal
isd9999 wrote:
Jul 7th, 2018 11:18 am
i did the great canadian rebates offer for the cibc conversion card. can i do the swag bucks card deal too?
If you DO decide to "Double dip", don't forget to post back about your experience here. TIA.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
1225 posts
846 upvotes
Montreal
adilh53 wrote:
Jul 8th, 2018 2:52 am
What is the swagbucks post card and PIN about? Is it related to the CIBC Ac conversion card/swagbucks 5000 points for sign up or un-related?
It's an extra security layer related to Swagbucks that most people won't have to deal with.
May 26, 2010
575 posts
280 upvotes
Land
adilh53 wrote:
Jul 8th, 2018 2:52 am
they send you a 4 digit pin code via text or post card by mail, to verify your account phone number or address

edited: well that's what they did with me and at lease one other member on this board(looks like they don't verify everyone by text or mail address)

❗ Public Mobile $30 + tax for bargain seekers like me :-)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)