Expired Hot Deals

[Swagbucks and Drop] CIBC Air Canada AC Conversion Visa Prepaid Card - Get a reward valued at $50-$65

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 4th, 2018 9:44 am
Apr 9, 2015
109 posts
39 upvotes
Markham
Temporel wrote:
Jul 9th, 2018 12:15 am
Thanks for posting as I think people who had no problem with this offer tend NOT to post contrary to people who DID have problems who are more likely to do so. I'm sure this has the effect of turning away many from a reward valued at $50-$65.

By "This is the 3rd successful attempt", you mean you did it 3 times (you, your husband and a third person) with Swagbucks without problem, right?

Anyone else who plans to do this offer, please read post #1 if you want things to go smoothly. :)
The 3 accounts are under me, my dad and my hubby respectively. I opened the 2nd account for my dad after I received 5000 sb on my 1st account, just to be sure the rewards materialize. Then after my hubby came back from vacation, opened the 3rd one for him too. So basically I opened one after another in a span of 3 months, received all rewards without a problem.
From my experience I’d say the rewards are processed in batch once a month. So don’t panic when you don’t see anything after 3 weeks.
May 13, 2012
15 posts
4 upvotes
Quick question, so if I load $102.78 CAD to the card, it says that it will load $600.00 HKD on their checkout page. Does it mean I can use $600 HKD in hong kong?

What I'm trying to say is, is that checkout page amount the amount that I will get after the conversion and their 2.5% fee?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
1755 posts
1448 upvotes
Montreal
jsw0302 wrote:
Jul 10th, 2018 3:29 am
Quick question, so if I load $102.78 CAD to the card, it says that it will load $600.00 HKD on their checkout page. Does it mean I can use $600 HKD in hong kong?

What I'm trying to say is, is that checkout page amount the amount that I will get after the conversion and their 2.5% fee?
Yes, the checkout page amount of $102.78 CAD is the amount that you will be charged (on another card) to load $600 HKD on the CIBC card. That's the total amount including the conversion and their 2.5% fee. Then you will have $600 HKD on your CIBC card that you could use anywhere in the World or on the Internet where Visa is accepted.
Last edited by Temporel on Jul 10th, 2018 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
May 13, 2012
15 posts
4 upvotes
Temporel wrote:
Jul 10th, 2018 3:30 am
You can't load $102.78 CAD on the CIBC card. You will be charged $102.78 CAD on another card you use to load 600 HKD on the CIBC card.

Then you will have $600 HKD on your CIBC card that you could use anywhere in the World or on the Internet where Visa is accepted.
Well yeah I know that transactions will be charged in CAD. Maybe my wording of "load" wasn't clear.

I wanted to know that 102.78 CAD -> 600 HKG is a final amount after all the fees.

Thanks!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
1755 posts
1448 upvotes
Montreal
jsw0302 wrote:
Jul 10th, 2018 3:49 am
(...) I wanted to know that 102.78 CAD -> 600 HKG is a final amount after all the fees. Thanks!
Yes it is a final amount.

How was your experience getting the card and getting your reward?
May 13, 2012
15 posts
4 upvotes
Temporel wrote:
Jul 10th, 2018 4:01 am

Yes it is a final amount.

How was your experience getting the card and getting your reward?
Well I saw this offer last year with the Drop app and GCR but couldn't go through the identity check phase. But I need HKD soon so I decided to give it an another try and altered my address a little (changed VW to View) and it worked! Although I'm pretty sure I tried this a year ago, it worked this time somehow.

I never used swagbucks before but drop has been working without a hitch for me. I did few other promotions in this app before and all came through. Also I was able to get amazon gift card just fine from points.
Dec 12, 2010
578 posts
105 upvotes
I'm having a lot of problems with swagbucks.

It passed the 32 business days with no points posted so I filed a ticket. I keep getting what seems to be system generated emails saying if it wasn't tracked there's nothing we can do.
All I can do is keep replying and hope a real persons looks into it. If anyone has any pointers or a direct email that would be great.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
1755 posts
1448 upvotes
Montreal
chaugh wrote:
Jul 12th, 2018 11:09 am

It passed the 32 business days with no points posted so I filed a ticket. I keep getting what seems to be system generated emails saying if it wasn't tracked there's nothing we can do.
All I can do is keep replying and hope a real persons looks into it. If anyone has any pointers or a direct email that would be great.
Did you emailed info@acconvertion.com ?
Dec 12, 2010
578 posts
105 upvotes
just did. they told me to deal with swagbucks itself lol.
I'll keep fighting with SB just on principle, but I am not expecting anything.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
1755 posts
1448 upvotes
Montreal
chaugh wrote:
Jul 12th, 2018 7:23 pm
just did. they told me to deal with swagbucks itself lol.
I'll keep fighting with SB just on principle, but I am not expecting anything.
Yes, my mistake, of course CIBC has nothing to do with a transaction not tracked. Sorry! :facepalm:
Jun 27, 2017
261 posts
364 upvotes
GTA
chaugh wrote:
Jul 12th, 2018 11:09 am

Keep trying. I had like 3-4 tickets before it got resolved. One trick that seemed to work is to file the ticket under the General category. It was a tip from another member here, I tried it and it did get noticed more - getting a more prompt response. I don't have FB or twitter so I stuck with the ticket system and fortunately it got resolved after about 2-ish months though. Good luck!
Dec 12, 2010
578 posts
105 upvotes
They have simply stopped replying me on my "offers" ticket and I filed a general category ticket 5 days ago, still waiting for the first reply.
I'm going to do facebook next week if there is still no reply.
I should have went with drop instead of swagbucks :(
May 26, 2010
974 posts
541 upvotes
Land
chaugh wrote:
Jul 19th, 2018 10:00 am
They have simply stopped replying me on my "offers" ticket and I filed a general category ticket 5 days ago, still waiting for the first reply.
I'm going to do facebook next week if there is still no reply.
I should have went with drop instead of swagbucks :(
Try it with drop while you wait for the other one

(-: Public Mobile $33 + tax for bargain seekers like me :-)
Dec 25, 2013
761 posts
524 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone know if you have to wait to get the drop points before converting the funds back to CDN? I'm still waiting on the drop points but would like to convert the money back now if possible, but if it could cost me my drop points then I can wait..
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2010
1372 posts
642 upvotes
montreal
Quick question.
I have this card with something lik 5$ left on it...

Any easy way to get those remaining $$$?