• Jan 18th, 2018 10:30 am
Tags:
57 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2010
5640 posts
1905 upvotes
Aurora
Stupid kids. Does this really need a police investigation?
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
18963 posts
2260 upvotes
Niagara Falls
DiceMan wrote:
Jan 15th, 2018 5:22 pm
I suppose if the news saw when, then yeah, but not really.

Like you said, probably just some dumb kids.
Oct 29, 2008
496 posts
198 upvotes
L4J
DiceMan wrote:
... Does this really need a police investigation?
Yes, it does.

B'nai Brith Canada, which has been tracking anti-Semitic incidents for 35 years, said 1,728 anti-Semitic incidents were reported across the country last year -- a 26 per cent increase from 2015 and the highest number the group has ever recorded.

"That means an average of four to five incidents of anti-Semitic harassment, vandalism or violence occurring every day in our country, a country where we pride ourselves as being one of the most tolerant in the world," said the group's CEO Michael Mostyn.
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2010
1735 posts
235 upvotes
Markham
DiceMan wrote:
Absolutely not. It’s just kids childishly pissing around and it’s not vandalism. They could have very well drawn male or female sex organs, or written F-bomb slogans. It wasn’t drawn with hatred but was drawn to shock people.
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
11505 posts
6317 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
It's a Manji sign.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 14, 2006
8094 posts
888 upvotes
Are we expecting the PM, the premiere and the mayor to issue a statement about this as well?
TEAM CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!
Penalty Box
Jun 24, 2015
2698 posts
587 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
Man, we used to do this for kicks as a kid when I was like 6 years old or around that age, not cus of anti seminism or what ever you call that word, I did not even know what that word meant when I was that age. We never even hated the jews at that age, we did not know what racism was either. We even did it to car's of people that I knew were Catholic. and back then when we did it, the car owners simply got their snow brush and wiped the snow off their windshield and drove away, but in 2018, someones gotta photograph it and make a big deal, wow it was probably some 6 year old kid doing it for kicks cus he learnt about it from his friends at school. give me a break. you people are too sensitive
Hi
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2004
1562 posts
463 upvotes
Toronto
bobbings wrote:
Jan 15th, 2018 10:01 pm
Are we expecting the PM, the premiere and the mayor to issue a statement about this as well?
They only really comment when it's one specific demographic now. Antisemitism just isn't as catchy or grabby nowadays as that other thing.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2012
4715 posts
173 upvotes
Toronto
Is it really illegal to do this?
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21087 posts
10550 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
I’m offended

By the shoddy state of that rear license plate.
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2008
1185 posts
720 upvotes
Etobicoke
its a hate crime.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2016
2056 posts
464 upvotes
Ontario
What a joke and waste of money.
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2010
1473 posts
740 upvotes
GTA
It begins as something "stupid" to you, but it is much more than just being "sensitive" to me. As mentioned in a previous post, there is a surge in anti-semitism and this is something that we track and follow. No, it isn't going to affect the majority on here, I get that. But it IS newsworthy as the increase in anti-semitism should be noted.
Award Winning Realtor - I LOVE MY JOB!!
At the end of the day, you're the boss and need to make sure I'm worth your rate of pay!
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
2833 posts
1017 upvotes
Montreal
It's drawn on snow people... that's not even vandalism lol

I think pretty much every kid has done something like this and they might not even know what a swastika represents.

If they were serious they would have spray painted it at a synagogue..

That's political correctness for ya.