Expired Hot Deals

[Swatch] Swatch Group Friends & Family Sale, Winter 2017 , Thursday December 7th [Toronto]

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 8th, 2017 10:23 am
Feb 16, 2017
6 posts
2 upvotes
No separate line, Rado and Longines to your left Ina room. Mido in the corridor, CK across from Mido.

Swatch, Tissot and Hamilton in the larger room leading to the cashier.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2008
1583 posts
602 upvotes
I was there just now at lunch time, no lines and not crowded at all ...... the selection was "ok" ...can't speak to the prices since I am not very knowledgeable ....

you have to leave your email and/or phone # with them ..... they will REFUSE to sell the item to you otherwise ..... strange rule but they claim it's legal to do this because it's a "private" sale ..... in the end, I just gave them a phone number ....
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2007
4478 posts
760 upvotes
Thanks for the updates everyone. True RFD spirit.
Mark77 wrote:"All aspiring students should go into the financial services - engineering is, and always has been, a poor choice for our brightest minds ... and TodayHello is my Hero ..."
Hydropwnics wrote:"TodayHello is a certified hustler and original gangster."
Deal Fanatic
Aug 22, 2001
6914 posts
151 upvotes
Toronto
Sale not sooner good this year. MSRP on Hamilton and mido have gone up, so most sale prices are in the 800+ range. Not 5-600 like last year.
Most watches I saw across mido, Tissot and Hamilton were smaller 38-40 size. Disappointing to say the least.
Mido were mostly autos, Hamilton was a mix. Tissot mostly quartz.
Selection of Longines was limited, and also $1500+.
I overheard some people very pleased with their sub $2k purchase when they spot the same watch online for $5k+ usd.
I left empty handed.
Jan 16, 2009
93 posts
24 upvotes
I ended up leaving empty handed. I think the selection was a little better during the June sale, but then again, I did get there around 10:30. Maybe the better stuff got sold right away.

I saw only two or three automatics for Tissot. Two were black dial Le Locle styles ($300/$330), but they had leather straps and i was looking for bracelets only. I can't even remember what types of Hamilton's they had because I didn't really like any of them. They had quartz and automatics, ranged from like $200ish up to $700-800.

I spent awhile looking at a Mido watch debating whether I should get it or not. I decided to get it, but wanted to check the Rado/Longines room one last time, so I put the watch back. Two minutes later I came back to see one guy buying it. Turns out that was the only one left.... Fail... It was $560 which was a little more than I wanted to spend, but i didn't want to leave empty handed and while I wasn't in love with it, it was the best out of the bunch that I saw. In retrospect, i'm okay not getting it. At that price I could get something else from Jomashop that I probably would like a little better.
Jan 3, 2013
177 posts
59 upvotes
NORTH YORK
There was no le locle before at least not in June 2017, Dec 2016 sale dam I am missing DT life now..
Apr 19, 2012
447 posts
95 upvotes
TORONTO
I felt the June sale was better, and I was one of the first group in the door
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2007
7628 posts
978 upvotes
Toronto
I thought this season's sale was pretty lackluster. A huge majority of the Tissots and Hamilton's were quartz... at least for the mens styles. I think Mido had the best showing. Many of the Mido's were of newer models too, with discounts over 50% to be had.

In the end I only picked a $45 plastic swatch diver (msrp $110).

New for this sale is they added some limits on how many watches you could purchase. As mentioned above they ask for your name / email / phone number when you are paying for your purchase. I don't think it is very intrusive, it is not like they are asking for a drivers license and sin number. As long as it prevents dealers/flippers/hoarders from ruining the sale, then I'm all for it.

Oct 25, 2016
1 posts
Toronto
I went at around 11 with high expectations (and looking for something in the 500-600 max range) and was pretty disappointed. I am a fan of some of Tissot's stuff and I read on here that Tissot had great deals in the June sale. Most of the table was Ana/digi watches though which was awful. Of the automatics they had though, there were two gold Le Locle T41.5.423.53 and one ss Bridgeport Ladies T097.007.16.033.00 and they were nicely priced.

Hamilton was super disappointing with the selection, I think the most interesting thing was the Takeoff Auto Chrono H76786733 but I only remember that it was not in my price range.

Mido had a great selection but no sign of a mechanical Ocean Star, they had a bunch of quarts ones. They did have a decent selection of dressier models and most were at fairly reasonable prices (300+). I also saw an automatic chrono around $800.

Rado had a fairly large selection but I think a lot of quartz and since they use ceramics a lot, the price range was also around 1k+

Longines had a very very small selection, I feel like that table got raided before I got there. There were a couple interesting older model heritage pieces (I think one auto chrono?) I think that one may have been a good deal but it wasn't exactly what I was looking for and out of the budget I went in with.

Overall I would definitely go again, but I don't think I would wait in line to get in. I didn't even bother looking at the Swatch table because I was hunting for some specific mechanical pieces. Maybe June will have something better to offer!