• Mar 22nd, 2012 11:39 am
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Sep 3, 2007
16039 posts
400 upvotes

Swearing/Bypassing Swear Filter

*Note: Don’t lock this thread because I’ve gone through the proper channels and nothing was being done.

It has come to my attention despite several reports, nothing was done on a moderator who bypassed the swear filter. This was approximately 2 weeks back.

I told another mod, but the response I received was less than satisfactory. Told me to PM the other mod instead. If I brought it to your attention, at least forward it. You’re a mod, it’s your duty to maintain the boards. Deflection of responsibility is pathetic. Initially, I didn’t know that I reported the mod for swearing until this mod told me.

I could PM the mod in question, however, he’s guilty of breaking a rule and this should be handled by a non-biased mod.

Post in question
condo-parking-rules-tickets-1152058/#post14409461

Use of the word “@sshole” by mod.

Yet I see this member receiving an infraction
ot-mods-seriously-out-control-1155832/

Is there a double standard that I don’t know about?

Is everyone all of a sudden simultaneously busy? We have more than enough mods, but some are more inactive than others. I don’t have problems with mods in general, but this is becoming ridiculous. It can’t be a coincidence that mods ‘missed’ this thread.

This is not a rant per say, but rather exposing the travesty in modding.
11 replies
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
29332 posts
10713 upvotes
Hamilton
why was this thread closed?
hated on but respected.
Deal Expert
Sep 3, 2007
16039 posts
400 upvotes
yao416 wrote: why was this thread closed?

That seems shady to be honest. At least provide an explanation. It gives people the impression that mods are doing it to shut him up.
Deal Guru
Mar 2, 2009
14093 posts
576 upvotes
Toronto
The new RFD band - Rage Against the Mod-chine. :rolleyes:
Deal Expert
Sep 3, 2007
16039 posts
400 upvotes
45ED wrote: The new RFD band - Rage Against the Mod-chine. :rolleyes:

How so?
Deal Expert
Sep 3, 2007
16039 posts
400 upvotes
45ED wrote: The new RFD band - Rage Against the Mod-chine. :rolleyes:

Why do you even have a quote that still implies Yao416 as a cheater from the OT Poster of the Year Contest? That's disrespectful. You must feel very good about yourself.
Deal Guru
Mar 2, 2009
14093 posts
576 upvotes
Toronto
dragon_drift wrote: How so?

Diggler could have easily asked "why was I given infraction points for a post from over 2 months ago". But his titling and the main gist of the post says he's (what's the word) incensed. And the sentiment of his thread/post matches the rest of the posts/threads questioning mods from not that long ago.

That said, the thread being locked was likely a pre-emptive move by a mod (which one, no clue) to stop whatever was in that thread from starting.

At the very least, the post/thread does not read like the starter to polite conversation.
Deal Guru
Dec 2, 2008
12459 posts
2170 upvotes
GTA
rfd doesnt follow the rules and the high power do what they feel like. i reported this post due to offensive language
Deal Expert
Sep 3, 2007
16039 posts
400 upvotes
45ED wrote: Diggler could have easily asked "why was I given infraction points for a post from over 2 months ago". But his titling and the main gist of the post says he's (what's the word) incensed. And the sentiment of his thread/post matches the rest of the posts/threads questioning mods from not that long ago.

That said, the thread being locked was likely a pre-emptive move by a mod (which one, no clue) to stop whatever was in that thread from starting.

At the very least, the post/thread does not read like the starter to polite conversation.

and why are you banding me with him?
Deal Guru
Mar 2, 2009
14093 posts
576 upvotes
Toronto
dragon_drift wrote: and why are you banding me with him?

My post commented on Diggler's thread being locked.
Deal Expert
Sep 3, 2007
16039 posts
400 upvotes
45ED wrote: My post commented on Diggler's thread being locked.

Alright...rather singling out Diggler like you did with your sig on Yao416, can you at least comment on the current topic without derailing it, please?
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2010
2502 posts
575 upvotes
Hey,

Yes the swear filter was bypassed and I have talked with the mod about it. It shouldn't happen again. Thanks for the report. In the future if the mods are not helpful, please PM me with the situation.

Thanks
For all community related matters, please PM TomRFD