• Nov 11th, 2017 2:17 am
[OP]
May 3, 2010
79 posts
32 upvotes
Toronto
sudk wrote:
Nov 4th, 2017 4:42 pm
can you please scan or take pic and mail?
noway wrote:
Nov 4th, 2017 4:44 pm

Haven't seen your coupon but entering SC260 for an online delivery order didn't work for me just now. Your post didn't say dine-in/takeout only. Maybe you should post the actual coupon so we can see it? Already wasted 15 minutes on their buggy web site with invalid coupon messages.
See below

Tough crowd

Don't shoot the messenger, kind of discourages ppl from being OPs
Images
  • 20171104_173453.jpg
Last edited by modelle18 on Nov 4th, 2017 5:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2017
1472 posts
446 upvotes
PrinceMS wrote:
Nov 4th, 2017 3:36 pm
so according to this deal you are essentially paying $60+ for a single chicken? (4xQuarter dinner). That's nuts! Back in the day there were little rotissere choices - now virtually every grocery shop has em for $10 or so.
You get 2 sides per dinner though. 0 sides for buying a la carte Swiss Chalet chicken. Metro is selling their large wedges for $3.99 if you really wanted to just buy metro roasted chicken then buy the wedges.
Aug 29, 2008
35 posts
2 upvotes
Thanks a lot OP.
I was not doubting but wanted a copy to use tomorrow. Thanks again!
Deal Guru
Nov 2, 2003
14918 posts
830 upvotes
Scarborough
sc263 is one quarter dinner for 15.75
sc264 is two quarter dinners for 25.74
MOONBOX REPLACEMENT:IPTV Group Buy
Deal Addict
Feb 2, 2014
1012 posts
443 upvotes
The 6
Wish they removed the premium for white meat. Then it would go from a decent deal to a hot deal!
Feb 1, 2004
799 posts
221 upvotes
Markham
DrunkenStupor wrote:
Nov 5th, 2017 6:33 pm
Wish they removed the premium for white meat. Then it would go from a decent deal to a hot deal!
The good old days.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
2099 posts
447 upvotes
Scarborough
echotango wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2017 2:03 pm
By the time you upgrade one meal to white meat (you will only get a leg unless you upgrade) and pay the taxes, you're over $20 with only enough food for one person, given the smaller portions Swiss Chalet now serves. I used to eat at their restaurants at least twice a month and I really liked their chicken and fries. I think it's been two years since my last meal there.

For $20 I can go elsewhere and get much more value, even without it being a "special".
You talk about how smaller the portions are and how you can get a much better deal elsewhere but completely forget to mention your alternatives. Spill the beans already and mention where you can get a better value.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
2099 posts
447 upvotes
Scarborough
PrinceMS wrote:
Nov 4th, 2017 3:36 pm
so according to this deal you are essentially paying $60+ for a single chicken? (4xQuarter dinner). That's nuts! Back in the day there were little rotissere choices - now virtually every grocery shop has em for $10 or so.
Your math must be rusty. The deal is TWO quarter chicken dinners for $16. So a whole chicken would cost $32 ($8/quarter dinner). Lets not forget TWO side orders for each dinner.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2006
1064 posts
64 upvotes
^^ For me, any decent Portuguese chicken restaurant is a better deal as they often offer tons of chicken and such....

But I still enjoy Swiss Chalet when I can. Ahh, what they used to be like 30+ years ago. Somehow, it doesn't taste the same to me. I swear it was better cooked and had a slight barbecue flavour or something. It still tastes way better eating in for some reason than taking out too. Odd...
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2006
1358 posts
353 upvotes
BC
The Swiss Chalet I go to does 100% off appy on the survey receipts. One girl even lets me use it on more expensive appies, like Wings ($9.99). They also allow me to use the Kids Coop card at the same time as the survey receipt (they are not supposed to do both on same order).
Like most places, they still make regular mistakes. On Friday, the girl didn't tie the bag properly and everything nearly fell out when I picked it up. And then later, found that salad dressing spilled out and covered everything, making numerous messes on clothes and counter, not to mention the salad without dressing is useless. It should have occurred to me I should have gotten the separate bag with butter, fork/knife and salad, which would have made space in the bag for hot stuff to get tied closed properly, but it was at closing and didn't think to say anything. I regret not speaking up now.

I swear I missed my calling in fast food. I always think I can do better.
Sep 8, 2016
38 posts
25 upvotes
This was awesome............

A family of 3 arrived in a rusted pickup truck with the muffler blown (extremely loud) orders a kids meal (cause the kid was whining to eat out because of the drink & desert) + appetizer fries. When the kid gets the meal and the waitress walks away; the wife whips out a store bought rotisserie chicken, tears in into 2. Throwing 1/2 onto each of the parents plates.

No one said a word.

The waitress had no idea what happened.

Finishes eating; pays in cash (mostly coins) & leave.

Me and friends were thinking........ Did we all see the same thing? We were all lost for words too.
Jul 27, 2003
237 posts
5 upvotes
Niagara Falls
OrangeBerry wrote:
Nov 5th, 2017 10:46 pm
Your math must be rusty. The deal is TWO quarter chicken dinners for $16. So a whole chicken would cost $32 ($8/quarter dinner). Lets not forget TWO side orders for each dinner.
Just so we are clear did scientist created new breed of chicken that have 4 legs? We all know it cost more!

FS: Broadxent Creative Company-BritePort 8012-V $5, all modems have been used with Acanac,Teksavvy, Velcom and Electronicbox at one point in last 3 yrs. Bell 2 Wire 2701 model $9 3 of these
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2004
9025 posts
583 upvotes
Mississauga
Am I the only one that feels Swiss Chalet is overpriced for what you get? This is RFD so I would say get the Metro 1KG Whole Roasted Chicken for $8.99 on Tuesday and you can spread the leftovers for the rest of the week, and it tastes better than Swiss Chalet chicken. Go ahead flame away Face With Tears Of Joy
Aug 19, 2004
562 posts
141 upvotes
Toronto
it is overpriced but more reasonable with the discounts.

this deal or the caa deal

+/- the co-op kids card

also, my local swiss chalet has a kids eats free on wednesdays (richmond hill - hillcrest mall) which is good.. IF you have kids

also, the kids meals are real meals... I find the kids eat free at Montana's (Tuesdays) to be really watered down/stingy meals with small portions.

my local pub (king henry's arms) has kids eat free on saturdays and that's been pretty good if you're looking for a drink.

I don't know where else there are kids eat free but I guess we can hijack this thread / start a new one and compile that information as well.
Oct 23, 2017
38 posts
7 upvotes
Burlington ON
If you have CAA two can dine for $15.99 anytime, according to my last Chalet flyer. But try Nando's if you are bored by the Chalet.