Food & Drink

Swiss Chalet's Festive Special coupon

  • Last Updated:
  • Nov 20th, 2010 10:39 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2007
2277 posts
100 upvotes

Swiss Chalet's Festive Special coupon

Swiss Chalet is once again holding their annual Festive Special where, if you buy the Festive Special, you get a Buy One, Get One Free coupon redeemable in January 2011.

Except this year, they've added a wonderful new condition:


Free Quarter Chicken Dinner of equal or lesser value to the one purchased when any two beverages are also purchased. Valid during January 2011 from Monday to Thursday. Dining Room only. Not valid for TakeOut, Delivery, or any other offer. Valid at participating locations. Maximum value of $9.39. No cash value. Original coupon required.


Not a huge deal I guess, but I'm sure it'll catch people off-guard. How much are drinks there anyways? What's their cheapest drink? They say any two drinks, so can you get two milks or something? And why are they making you buy two drinks? You get unlimited refills when you buy pop.

Christmas time was the only time I went there, specifically for this coupon, but now I don't know.

Any bargain hunters feel the same way?
17 replies
Jr. Member
Oct 24, 2010
112 posts
vancouver
Swiss Chalet gave me food poison, needless to say I will never go back.
---Abia---
Deal Fanatic
Feb 26, 2008
5137 posts
49 upvotes
abiaandrews wrote:
Nov 17th, 2010 3:35 pm
Swiss Chalet gave me food poison, needless to say I will never go back.[/QUOTE

The last 3 times I gave Swiss Chalet a chance when i ordered the hot chicken sandwich there was bones in it, had to pick my sandwich appart just to eat it.
Complained and did get a credit,but still thats not right.

Local pizza place has a really good hot chicken sandwich...but it is $12 though :(
-you get 2x as much white meat as Swiss tho.

I was also told by the manager of the Foodbasics beside my place that the BBQ chickens they sell now are the exact same ones Loeb and Metro sells for more.
Haven't tried those yet,but they are quite cheap.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 1, 2004
2778 posts
112 upvotes
Bookpreviews wrote:
Nov 18th, 2010 2:27 am
abiaandrews wrote:
Nov 17th, 2010 3:35 pm
Swiss Chalet gave me food poison, needless to say I will never go back.[/QUOTE

The last 3 times I gave Swiss Chalet a chance when i ordered the hot chicken sandwich there was bones in it, had to pick my sandwich appart just to eat it.
Complained and did get a credit,but still thats not right.

Local pizza place has a really good hot chicken sandwich...but it is $12 though :(
-you get 2x as much white meat as Swiss tho.

I was also told by the manager of the Foodbasics beside my place that the BBQ chickens they sell now are the exact same ones Loeb and Metro sells for more.
Haven't tried those yet,but they are quite cheap.
and what does this have to do with Swiss Chalet's Festive Special coupon?
"What an emotionally wrecking of the stomach game"
Member
Aug 7, 2009
251 posts
11 upvotes
Bookpreviews wrote:
Nov 18th, 2010 2:27 am
abiaandrews wrote:
Nov 17th, 2010 3:35 pm
I was also told by the manager of the Foodbasics beside my place that the BBQ chickens they sell now are the exact same ones Loeb and Metro sells for more.
Haven't tried those yet,but they are quite cheap.

A&P, Metro, Food Basics, all the same company
Jr. Member
Jun 20, 2008
146 posts
3 upvotes
cambridge
umop wrote:
Nov 17th, 2010 3:06 pm
why are they making you buy two drinks? You get unlimited refills when you buy pop.

Buy one get one free.

That means two meals. That means two people. That's why two drinks.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 10, 2003
6250 posts
766 upvotes
I went to Swiss Chalet the other day and the waitress was really pushy trying to get me to pay an extra $3 for the festive special because it was an $8 value. I didn't get it because I knew about all the restrictions but man that waitress was pushy.
Jr. Member
Oct 24, 2010
112 posts
vancouver
I'm just trying to encourage people not to eat at Swiss Chalet, save them from some agonizing pain.
---Abia---
Banned
Jan 11, 2004
19816 posts
553 upvotes
abiaandrews wrote:
Nov 18th, 2010 12:20 pm
I'm just trying to encourage people not to eat at Swiss Chalet, save them from some agonizing pain.

you might as well tell people not to eat, and what you are saying without anything to back it up is probably borderline if not outright slander.

food poisoning takes place upto 72hrs after you consumed the food that is the culprit
Newbie
Jul 20, 2010
46 posts
3 upvotes
abiaandrews wrote:
Nov 18th, 2010 12:20 pm
I'm just trying to encourage people not to eat at Swiss Chalet, save them from some agonizing pain.

some people like swiss chalet. We all have different taste buds.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 26, 2008
5137 posts
49 upvotes
Kenny Blankenship wrote:
Nov 18th, 2010 7:26 am
Bookpreviews wrote:
Nov 18th, 2010 2:27 am

and what does this have to do with Swiss Chalet's Festive Special coupon?

Some people were saying "get grocery store chicken instead"
just pointed out that other grocery stores have cheaper bbq chicken-people on rfd are always looking food good deals.
Which means that if you were to go get grocery store chicken I'm not sure what else is a cheaper one.

The only way I'll be getting anything from Swiss Chalet is if someone pays me to eat there.
Or if I happen to use my SPC card and get the free appetizer when you eat it.

I really don't get what is so good about Swiss chalet Festive Special-it is all canned and prepackaged items and not really that great.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Oct 10, 2006
851 posts
42 upvotes
EnGros wrote:
Nov 18th, 2010 10:54 am
Buy one get one free.

That means two meals. That means two people. That's why two drinks.

ya makes sense to me. I love the "free" lindor chocolates that you get with this too.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2007
2277 posts
100 upvotes
EnGros wrote:
Nov 18th, 2010 10:54 am
Buy one get one free.

That means two meals. That means two people. That's why two drinks.

One person can't eat two dinners? Their quarter chickens aren't huge.

And what if I just want water?
Newbie
Nov 2, 2010
6 posts
Burnaby
Then don't go. Those are the terms of the coupon, if you don't like those terms, stay home and eat a bucket of Popeye's.
× < >

Top